More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:02:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511828 times)
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #75 on: 2008 February 08, 13:59:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hay kabuto, any chance of a screenshot so we can know what the hell we're getting? I like to see stuff before I bloat my folder with it. Wink

unless Pes gets to that first.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 February 08, 14:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what that says right now or what your cloning process is, Havelock. As for Kabuto's stuff, as soon as I get a free moment for it, I'm going to screen, repack, and refile them. Maxis Crap tends to contain a ton of garbage and assorted file detritus to be weeded out.

Cloned means extracted from the CSgamefiles with simpe objectworkshop without fixing anything. And afterwards seaching for eventually missing files in namemaps.
Would it help if i upload the lamps somewere(because folder is Big) so you could look into them. I have made only the Tikilamps witch are totaly new to the Game.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 14:16:29 by Havelock » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2008 February 08, 14:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hay kabuto, any chance of a screenshot so we can know what the hell we're getting? I like to see stuff before I bloat my folder with it. Wink

unless Pes gets to that first.

I highly doubt Pescado would provide screenshots Cheesy I'll pop these in-game and take pics.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2008 February 08, 15:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically they are TS2 tops teamed with the NL shorts made all grubby and torn. No shoes.

Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 February 08, 15:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much Emma !
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2008 February 08, 15:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ew. Those totally don't fit into my pristine 'hoods. The face tattoos are good, though. All of my 1/2+ alien sims get face tattoos when they become teens, so I like to have a lot of simply-colored tattoos on file.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Neph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2008 February 08, 18:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've a question about the walls and floors in Castaway.
I extracted all textures with SimPE from one of the object.packages, resized them, converted them in bmp. Next I used the Homecrafter to get these files in my game.
Everything worked fine, exept that some files are really blurry in game.  Undecided

Is there any other way, to get the textures out of Castaway in a better quality or bigger size?  Huh

Any help is really appreciated, even if that means that i have to redo nearly 250 files.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 19:00:18 by Neph » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2008 February 08, 19:04:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that I know of. Castaways is intentionally low-rent, which is probably why you can't find any high-resolution textures.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Neph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2008 February 08, 19:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... really sad. Anyway, some turned out ok and so it's ok for the moment.  Grin

But thanks for your help.  Smiley

EDIT:

Even if some of the files are blurry, perhaps someone here is interested to get them anyway...

Floors
Walls

« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 19:23:53 by Neph » Logged
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: 2008 February 08, 19:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*baaaahs at Emma for the screens*

These will be great for my white trash family. Cheesy
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2008 February 08, 20:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked into one Lamp Init BHAV from CS objects Package. It looks like they are different. Is there a way to prevent TS2 to trow a hissy fit about this. Its the Init who made the Lamp error when selected in buy mode.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2008 February 08, 22:06:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked into one Lamp Init BHAV from CS objects Package. It looks like they are different. Is there a way to prevent TS2 to trow a hissy fit about this. Its the Init who made the Lamp error when selected in buy mode.

I was having the same problem with CS cloned lamps, but when you mentioned this, I replaced the Init BHAV from a cloned base game lamp. I only tried it on one CS lamp (the shell table lamp) but it seemed to work. No errors were thrown and the game didn't freeze up like it did with the regular clones. More testing is probably required but initial testing seems to show that replacing that BHAV solves the issue.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: 2008 February 08, 23:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the grubby cs garments & thiking "Finally! Zombie clothes!"

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2008 February 09, 00:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the grubby cs garments & thiking "Finally! Zombie clothes!"

I was thinking that my "Urban"* now have some more clothing. Too bad that you don't see too much gutter punk and street punk clothes(everything looks too damn new)  ...I have to rely on Aikea for that one.

*read as bums and flat broke sims

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2008 February 09, 00:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah, but i didn't want anyone who signed up for the cyberpunk part of my hood to panic. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 February 09, 01:04:05 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2008 February 09, 08:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm... really sad. Anyway, some turned out ok and so it's ok for the moment.  Grin

But thanks for your help.  Smiley

EDIT:

Even if some of the files are blurry, perhaps someone here is interested to get them anyway...

Floors
Walls

Some of these walls and floors are really nice, thanks!

Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: 2008 February 09, 11:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the walls & floors, are you sure you extracted the correct files? The large image files (LIFO) are the ones you want. I also extracted all the walls, floors & terrains and they looked fine, when I extracted them they were the proper size and not blurry at all.

The floors are in objects08.package and the walls in objects09.package and they are usually listed in doubles, one version in small the other is regular size. You have to make sure you extract the '0' version as that is full size.

example of sizing:
wall-panel-bamboofronds41_lifo_128x256.png  <--- small version 128x256
wall-panel-bamboofronds40_lifo_256x512.png <--- correct version 256x512

*note the number of the file the one with '0' is usually the size you want.

Also make sure you are exporting the image by right clicking on the picture of the wall and selected 'export'. They export to PNG files.

Hope that has helped. I will see if I can gather up all the walls & floors and make a collection file for them and post the for download if anyone wants. None of the ones I converted are blurry.

-Xianah-
xXx

Neph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2008 February 09, 12:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of these walls and floors are really nice, thanks!

Glad you like them!  Smiley

As for the walls & floors, are you sure you extracted the correct files? The large image files (LIFO) are the ones you want. I also extracted all the walls, floors & terrains and they looked fine, when I extracted them they were the proper size and not blurry at all.

The floors are in objects08.package and the walls in objects09.package and they are usually listed in doubles, one version in small the other is regular size. You have to make sure you extract the '0' version as that is full size.

example of sizing:
wall-panel-bamboofronds41_lifo_128x256.png  <--- small version 128x256
wall-panel-bamboofronds40_lifo_256x512.png <--- correct version 256x512

*note the number of the file the one with '0' is usually the size you want.

Also make sure you are exporting the image by right clicking on the picture of the wall and selected 'export'. They export to PNG files.

Hope that has helped. I will see if I can gather up all the walls & floors and make a collection file for them and post the for download if anyone wants. None of the ones I converted are blurry.

-Xianah-
xXx

Ah! That's what I wanted to know. I'm absolutely new in extracting files with SimPE and the small pics were all I could find. (Usually I use Sim PE to change my neighborhood terrain, Sim Surgery and so on, but this was really new for me. Smiley

I was so proud, when i extracted the benchpress sofa from Pet Stories successfully.  Grin

If I have a little time this weekend, I'll give your method a try. And I would be really interested, if i fail, in downloading your files.  Grin

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction! *waves*

Neph

Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2008 February 09, 13:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad I could help Smiley

I have rar'd up all my walls, floors & terrain files and made collection files for the walls & floors. The walls and floors zip is 11.4mb - where would be the best place for me to store such a large file so others can download it?

I also extracted all the Castaways bedding files Wink (2.91mb) which I am willing to share also.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2008 February 09, 13:08:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recommend http://www.mediafire.com/ Smiley
Neph
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2008 February 09, 13:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If i don't use my own space, I upload files with rapidshare.com  Smiley

I extracted the lifos now and it works fine. For the next time i know it better.  Grin

Thanks again Xianah for your great help!
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2008 February 09, 13:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rapidshare is crap. They don't allow download managers for the free users and limit 30 mb per hour.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2008 February 09, 13:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to abandon the attempt to salvage all the Castaways "Scruffy" outfits because after extracting all the texture files, it turns out the entire blob is nearly 800 MB and SimPE craps its pants trying to jam them into a file. Also, it's completely untenable as a download.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2008 February 09, 13:57:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I KNOW how to compress, stupid. The problem is that packing 800 MBs worth of textures into a file makes SimPE crap it pants before you even get to that point. Also, 800 MB can at best compress down to maybe 300 MB. This is still huge! The fact of the matter is that it needs to be smaller by an order of magnitude before it becomes tenable as a download!

Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2008 February 09, 14:01:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uploaded them to RapidShare.

Here is the link for the walls, floors & terrains. The walls and floors are in various sub catagories and mostly priced at around 3 simoleons. For convienience I have also included 2 collections files, which should be placed in your collections folder. There are 210 walls, floors & terrains in this set.

Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/90400693/Xianah-CSWallsFloors.rar.html

I hope you enjoy these files and I hope its OK to post the links here.

-Xianah-
xXx
« Last Edit: 2008 February 09, 15:10:00 by Xianah » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: