More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:40:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511048 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #50 on: 2008 February 05, 20:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. An alternative (that IMHO is too much damn work) is to replace a medium city file with that terrain in SimCity, then change the .png for the gridding to all smalls. Then you can import the four resultant ones into Sims2 and make base 'hood, shopping district, downtown, and Uni. And yes, I know my terminology is off. Welcome to the way I think.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2008 February 05, 22:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. An alternative (that IMHO is too much damn work) is to replace a medium city file with that terrain in SimCity, then change the .png for the gridding to all smalls. Then you can import the four resultant ones into Sims2 and make base 'hood, shopping district, downtown, and Uni. And yes, I know my terminology is off. Welcome to the way I think.
Can't do that. An existing medium-sized city does not split into smaller cities when you change the PNG gridding. It just gets fucked up.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 February 06, 06:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, they works great.

I like the trees.

Should I link from DA to MATY in credit for trees ?

I saw fish in the sea in Castaway trailer, could you convert them for BV ?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2008 February 06, 07:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dun care. It depends on whether you think your users would want them. It's not like they aren't just stolen from CS, anyway. Tongue

Those aren't REAL. In case you haven't noticed, trailers are FAKE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimOtaku
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 February 06, 07:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dun care. It depends on whether you think your users would want them. It's not like they aren't just stolen from CS, anyway. Tongue
Thanks for reply.

An user asked for the trees so I think I will put it in credit. I did not put it in before I got your reply because I do not want the case of Numenor's LS conversions at MTS2 to happen here.

Those aren't REAL. In case you haven't noticed, trailers are FAKE.
Oh...I did noticed that. Anyway, I just got one from marvine.
Leo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 February 06, 08:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with the converted craft bench:
my game is installed in German and when I click the bench I only get the options of the normal toy bench. The new things that came with Castaway do not appear in the menu.  Sad
Also no robot-related options.

Could you check this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 February 06, 09:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An user asked for the trees so I think I will put it in credit. I did not put it in before I got your reply because I do not want the case of Numenor's LS conversions at MTS2 to happen here.
Yes, but MTS2 is easily intimidated just when EAxis looks at them funny. We, on the other hand, have more experience dealing with their phony infiltrators and would treat any such communications with skepticism, given that all previous contacts with them have proven to be falsified. There is some evidence to suggest that someone pulled that one as a prank, given that there is absolutely no evidence such a communication ever took place or that it was ACTUALLY from EAxis. I mean, we've all heard the STORY, but does anyone actually have evidence that conversation ever took place? If so, I have NEVER SEEN IT, and therefore conclude that it is nothing more than LIES AND PROPAGANDA.

I have a problem with the converted craft bench:
my game is installed in German and when I click the bench I only get the options of the normal toy bench. The new things that came with Castaway do not appear in the menu.  Sad
Also no robot-related options.
The robot and toy related options require the relevant badge levels to unlock. Without an advanced robotery badge, you would see only the Toy Robot, which may very well resemble a toy-bench product. It seems to work fine in my game, and the options are not language-specific. I will check again, though. As for "new things that came with castaways", I am not aware that Castaways has introduced anything new on craftables. What does it normally do? There are no debug cheats in Castaways, so I have no idea what the item actually does in the game, only what happens when it is extracted.

Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 February 06, 10:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but MTS2 is easily intimidated just when EAxis looks at them funny. We, on the other hand, have more experience dealing with their phony infiltrators and would treat any such communications with skepticism, given that all previous contacts with them have proven to be falsified. There is some evidence to suggest that someone pulled that one as a prank, given that there is absolutely no evidence such a communication ever took place or that it was ACTUALLY from EAxis. I mean, we've all heard the STORY, but does anyone actually have evidence that conversation ever took place? If so, I have NEVER SEEN IT, and therefore conclude that it is nothing more than LIES AND PROPAGANDA.

In the other hand, the files are still downloadable from MTS2

Career(Adult)_GameDevelopment
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469917
   Career(Adult)_Entertainment
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469918
   FurnitureSet_Baliwood
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469923
   FurnitureSet_Shakely
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469933
   FurnitureSet_Teak
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469934
   Appliances
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469935
   Decorative
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469936
   Electronics
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469937
   Kids
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469938
   Lighting
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469939
   Party
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469940
   Plumbing
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469941
   Recreation_(UNI-REQUIRED)
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469942
   Seating
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=469943
   ShakelyEndTable_FIXED-18feb07
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=470282
   The Sims Life Stories SC4 Terrains (Four Corners, City - Beachy & Four Corners 2)
http://files.modthesims2.com/getfile.php?file=500084

« Last Edit: 2008 February 06, 11:18:15 by Kabuto » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 February 06, 10:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hah! So it was lies and propaganda to begin with!

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 February 06, 11:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The robot and toy related options require the relevant badge levels to unlock. Without an advanced robotery badge, you would see only the Toy Robot, which may very well resemble a toy-bench product. It seems to work fine in my game, and the options are not language-specific. I will check again, though. As for "new things that came with castaways", I am not aware that Castaways has introduced anything new on craftables. What does it normally do? There are no debug cheats in Castaways, so I have no idea what the item actually does in the game, only what happens when it is extracted.

As fas as i know the bench gives out broken things (a small Transistor Radio and a RC Car the Sim could "repair" to the small table Boombox and working RC Car). There may be more.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 February 06, 11:42:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, probably a weird dependency issue, sorta like how the Pet Stories vending machine on conversion becomes a functional, albeit odd-looking, vendor of the cellphones and other gadget crap, and ceases entirely to vend Death Snacks.

Just as well, then. Why on Earth would we need a craft bench to make the already-existing boombox and RC Car, which are readily available in buy mode (and the latter is throughly useless, anyway!)?

smochina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 February 06, 16:50:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the next objects to convert from "The Sims Catsaway"??
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2008 February 06, 16:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are many Things they have not made from scratch. Insteed they replace Meshes and Textures from existing objects. (Pirate Pokertable,Chesstable,Piratevanity,Easel,Benchpress and many more Items).

Wait and see what we get.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2008 February 06, 17:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering this site's pro-cat stance, I don't believe Pescado would in any way support items from the Catsaway product.

Also, read the freaking thread.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: 2008 February 06, 19:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

catsaway. lulz.

So far I've used the bongos (the ones you sit down to play) and the limbo bar. I'm glad you can FAIL at limbo at first. makes it moar real. Also, the sim I had playing the bongos was happy as Emma in the arms of her Goopykins.

Gotta put the rest of the items into my alien house for them to play with.

eta: happy emma? Wink
« Last Edit: 2008 February 06, 21:28:21 by nekonoai » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: 2008 February 06, 19:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks nekonoai  Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2008 February 06, 21:41:35 by Emma » Logged

Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2008 February 07, 00:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Kabuto!

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2008 February 07, 11:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else have trouble with the lean-to shelter? The moment I select it form the catalog, an error pops up with an "Invalid constant" message. I don't have the error log right now, but I'll post it later.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2008 February 07, 12:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible version incompatibility, probably in the Init. What version of game do you run?

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2008 February 07, 12:29:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansions except for Bon Voyage.

Edit: And no stuff packs, except for lsconv and csconv

Edit:
No, the issue should be fixed now.
Yes, it's working now, thanks! *BAAAAAA*
« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 11:00:10 by Theo » Logged
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2008 February 07, 12:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need Bon Voyage for that.

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2008 February 07, 13:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the issue should be fixed now.

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2008 February 07, 22:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Kabuto. Are you doing the rest of the native clothes too? Like the male and all the other ages as well as the other categories?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2008 February 08, 00:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a prob with cloned lights from CS when i select them in buymode i get an error the lights reset in an endless loop.

Error log Attached.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 11:58:15 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2008 February 08, 11:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what that says right now or what your cloning process is, Havelock. As for Kabuto's stuff, as soon as I get a free moment for it, I'm going to screen, repack, and refile them. Maxis Crap tends to contain a ton of garbage and assorted file detritus to be weeded out.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: