More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 10:26:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511047 times)
SiuPang
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #25 on: 2008 February 04, 09:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering if those water tools (i.e. clear water, lava & pool scum) can be converted to be used in Sims 2. Coz the lava pool is really awesome!
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2008 February 04, 09:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The drums folder was corrupted when I tried to unzip it, but that was yesterday morning (South Africa time). I will try again with the new file.

I am particularly delighted by the pee bushes.  Also, the sims falling out of trees is a source of great amusement. I created a community (beach) lot and let them get on with it.

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 February 04, 09:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the grail have a chance of backfiring if your sim is in low aspiration?  As in triggers the next transition.  That'd be a cool new way to kill off elders.
The Grail is not an aspiration reward and does not have a low-aspiration backfire. As there is only ONE grail, sims cannot choose...poorly.

Also, the core functions and the cauldron have been updated to move one of the accessories over to the core files so it can be used with an upcoming object.

Just wondering if those water tools (i.e. clear water, lava & pool scum) can be converted to be used in Sims 2. Coz the lava pool is really awesome!
It is unlikely that terrain painting is translatable. We haven't been able to translate the entire swimmable pond bit either.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 February 04, 11:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance of or does anyone know if the clothes from CS could be pillaged?

I'll convert the castaway/native clothes, the masks (Face painting) and the (hair-)hats !
« Last Edit: 2008 February 04, 11:43:40 by Kabuto » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2008 February 04, 15:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now for the big 'I Want!' of all time.   Since Castaways seems to be put together with bits and pieces from all EP's, from Base Game to BV.   What's the chances of enabling the building of Beach Lots for those of us who DON'T have BV?  I could care less about going ON Vacations, but Castaways has wetted my curiosity for beaches.
   I probably already know the answer.  Silly-Nilly, go ARRR BV just like you ARRRed Castaways.  I have my doubts my machine can handle BV without major upgrades which is impossible right now.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 February 04, 15:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll convert the castaway/native clothes, the masks (Face painting) and the (hair-)hats !

Yay!

That is all. Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2008 February 04, 15:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I checked all items again, and it seems that still I can't delete the Coconut and the Papaya tree with out usint the moveObjects cheat, but like I said it before, it's not a problem for me. The drums are fine, and everything else is alright.

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 February 04, 16:10:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were the trees ever used for monkeying around or scanning the horizon? It appears that EAxis did not match their Standard Enters with their Standard Exits, resulting in the object being left permanently flagged in-use, preventing standard removal. New version should prevent this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 February 04, 16:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were the trees ever used for monkeying around or scanning the horizon? It appears that EAxis did not match their Standard Enters with their Standard Exits, resulting in the object being left permanently flagged in-use, preventing standard removal. New version should prevent this.

Ok. Thanks!

I'll check it out. Smiley

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 February 04, 20:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! I've been wanting those clothes for my game. Now I can make a real island in my game.
Zaphod
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 February 04, 23:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance that you have modified the caffinate for children to use the coffee bush? Mine still go to the hot chocolate it seems.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 February 05, 01:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have. The way the loops are wired presently places the coffee dispensers at higher priority, though. If the hot chocolate is removed or unoperable, they will use the coffee bush instead. I have not had the opportunity to actually sit down and run empirical speed trials of which is better.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 February 05, 06:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two questions:  Shocked

1. Was there a special rustic shower or something that builds hygiene that came with Castaway? Or did EAxis just create a rustic toilet?

2. Were there any rustic cradles for toddlers? And just how do the Sims feed the toddlers? I can't see how a modern refrigerator on a desolate island, stocked with bottles, is going to fit in with the Castaway theme... Huh Tongue Roll Eyes

I asked more then two questions...my apologies.  Undecided
*Taps Thanks Button, and backs out of the forum.*

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 February 05, 08:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The electrical items in castaway require a wind-generator object to be placed on the lot before they can be used. I think the premise in-game is that you were able to build this from items left behind at an old airbase. There is a rustic shower, rustic cradle, rustic change table, and a standard highchair, although all the finishes on the "modern" items are "worn". Actually, most of ALL the finishes are "worn" :lol:
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 February 05, 09:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: in which menu will I find the lean-to?

Tongue

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 February 05, 09:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Was there a special rustic shower or something that builds hygiene that came with Castaway? Or did EAxis just create a rustic toilet?
There are several showers and terlets, some of which are just scruffy recolors of existing ones. Because their functionality is not unique, they have lower extraction priority than items which exhibit more distinctive functions.

2. Were there any rustic cradles for toddlers? And just how do the Sims feed the toddlers? I can't see how a modern refrigerator on a desolate island, stocked with bottles, is going to fit in with the Castaway theme... Huh Tongue Roll Eyes
There is a toddler cradle, but due to the fact that the game does not recognize cradles or other toddler accessories as a category, there are no plans to extract them at this time. Naturally, high chairs are useless as ever. I have no idea how Castaways sims feed toddlers: There are none in the course of the game and not much point in playing crippleware Stories-edition games when you have the real thing.

It is found in the same place you would find the tent.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 February 05, 11:19:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh. I only ever find tents by looking in the BV collections folders. A stupid F is me!

More F than you
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 February 05, 11:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duh. I only ever find tents by looking in the BV collections folders. A stupid F is me!
It's amazing you can manage to leave your compound without being robbed, raped, and murdered.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2008 February 05, 12:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ag no, the skollies all know who I am, and leave me alone.  Roll Eyes

More F than you
eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 February 05, 14:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue

I believe it is in comfort\ miscellanious (sp?)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 February 05, 15:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When there is no rustic refridgerator, the sims get bottles out of the Steamer Trunk. 
   And speaking of the Steamer Trunk/Food Basket, can they be salvaged?  They are opened by lifting a lid, so i'm reminded of a Deep Freezer.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Missing
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 February 05, 16:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OBJECT: Coconut/Papaya/Banana Trees - Climbable and Harvestable For Cash/Food.

Do you mean they have the same fonctions than the trees from Season ? Your Sim harvests them and then you have Bananas, Coconuts,...in his/her inventory ?
Because my Sims only harvest them and nothing happen...No cash, no fruits in their inventory. Am i stupid ?   Roll Eyes

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 February 05, 16:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OBJECT: Coconut/Papaya/Banana Trees - Climbable and Harvestable For Cash/Food.

Do you mean they have the same fonctions than the trees from Season ? Your Sim harvests them and then you have Bananas, Coconuts,...in his/her inventory ?
Because my Sims only harvest them and nothing happen...No cash, no fruits in their inventory. Am i stupid ?   Roll Eyes

No they work different if on a Commlot it ads Cash to the Familyfunds, on a Homelot it ads Foodpoints to the Fridge.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 05, 17:12:46 by Havelock » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 February 05, 18:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Stories, harvesting from those trees creates "Food" resource, analagous to fridge food in the regular game. No items are created in the inventory, so it is not possible to spawn any as none exist in the original object. Therefore, in the "real" game, the items function similarly, producing fresh food for your sim family. However, if you're on a community lot, your home fridges are not accessible, and therefore, "food" resource cannot be created, so you instead get cash.

Kabuto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 February 05, 18:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the Castaway Stories neighborhood, it isn't compatible with TS2 because it's a medium simcity4 (256x256) instead of a small one (128x128) !

Lots are also unusable because the road connector is missing and the maxi size is 8x8 instead of 6x6 !

I hope EP7 FreeTime will resolve those problems, I cross my fingers, we'll know it soon !!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: