More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 11:25:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Playsets & Toys
| | | |-+  Salvaged Stories Crap
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Salvaged Stories Crap  (Read 511049 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Salvaged Stories Crap
« Reply #100 on: 2008 February 09, 14:08:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if you've performed this extraction "correctly", as it looks like I see piles of gibberish in the filenames which is not typical of Maxis names, and the ID information is all wonky. Also, why Crapidshare? I KNOW you already have a REAL webspace!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 February 09, 14:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my files? umm I'm pretty sure I did it correctly. I have been doing this for sometime. I checked over the files they looked normal to me.

Anyhoo, I'll remove the links if you feel the files are not correct.

For the walls and floors I simply used Homecrafter and for the bedding for speed I used Wizards. So I'm not sure how those programs could have messed thing up so badly as you say?  What excatly is the problem with them and I will take a look at them.

As far as the files go, they have no actual castaways data on them all I used was a PNG file, so if they are corrupted somehow, it must be homecrafter or wizards.

hmmmm....

As for rapid share, I just chose it for quickness, also I have never used any torrenty thingy. I do have my own website, but they are crappy with bandwidth and it would run out in about 3 seconds even though I pay for it.  If I can get these files up to code, as it were... where would you suggest I put them to share?

Thanks
-Xianah-
xXx
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 February 09, 14:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what this business of "wizards" is, but I know for certain that if you let SimPE play its shenanigans, it will produce extremely dirty files. Like the ones I'm looking at are full of garbage like "31ace171-6056-4285-9961-d450c75cbe74". An easy way to tell if you've done it wrong is to repeat the exact same procedure and put both resulting files into the game: If you get two copies of the same thing, you've done it wrong and your files are multiplying. An identical procedure performed on identical inputs should produce identical files that would thus conflict, with one overriding the other and creating only a single result: A double result means you've done it wrong for a Maxis-rip.

Also, I can't help but notice that there appears to be 15 files in your version, but the game itself only has 7, meaning some of these appear to lack actual in-game counterparts or are duplicates.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 09, 14:46:53 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2008 February 09, 15:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you just referring to the bedding files? or are the walls & floors horrible too?

There are 15 different bedding files, some are only used for certain beds in Castaways, so they don't show up for all - but they use the same mapping.

I used homecrafter for the walls and floors, so any errors there is beyond my control.

I will make the bedding files again using SimPe the normal way (I used Wizards of SimPe 1st time) and then you can see if they are any better.

Tra la la
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 February 09, 15:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you just referring to the bedding files? or are the walls & floors horrible too?
Just bedding. Haven't looked at walls/floors yet. The methods you're using will produce dupes when I extract the actual CS beds, though.

Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: 2008 February 09, 15:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, OK I'm with you. I hadn't realised that wizards of Simpe makes such a mess. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ooo and your going to extract the beds, that will be great! I'll just remove the bedding download - I think that would be best Wink

-Xi-
xXx
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 February 09, 15:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna extract the beds. One of them is 50 EPH! This is totally a DO WANT. The E-50 beds blow away even the E-38s and even the E-40.

Xianah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2008 February 09, 15:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am really looking forward to the beds. The island style ones are really lovely, i'd get a lot of use out of them in my game and I can also see a lot of use for all the military styled objects including the beds as well.

As for the bedding files that I extracted, there are 15 - but only the island style ones show up for the island style beds and in that respect there are only 7, but the military style beds have their own bedding.

Here is a lil' pic of snippets of each bedding that I found Wink The miltary style ones are at the top (obviously!)

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 February 09, 18:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado what is needed to use the lovepotion ? My test Sim had made one but he could him only pick up not drink.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 February 09, 18:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To use the love potion, you need to click on the target. The option to appear. Rel will go to like 90/90. Also be sure you are using the most recent corefuncs, which is required.

YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 February 10, 02:29:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a pity that the Sims cannot brew poison. I suppose that option was simply too gruesome for EAxis's nausea-prone stomach.
Still, I love the animations.

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Thunderwolf
Asinine Airhead

The bitter sinner from Purgatory

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 February 10, 02:52:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the Beds!
There's a smaller glitch with the single bed' thunmnail. The bedding is flashing blue. But they work.

Life is too short to taste it out all alone, but you have to!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 February 10, 05:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't happen in my game. Which bed does that?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 February 10, 06:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better Than Nothing Bed and Makeshift Solo Sleeper. It's just the preview photos.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 February 10, 07:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they don't flash blue, the covers just show up as being translucent blue. Looks weird, that is about it. The thumbnails, that is. I could care less, to be honest. I am digging the beds big time. I know you are updating sleepclock to include these...right?  Roll Eyes
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: 2008 February 10, 08:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh new beds!

*Emma baaaaa

Neph-those walls and floors look great in my game-no blurriness at all on the ones I kept.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 February 10, 09:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thumbnails looks just fine. But now the default sheet for every single bed is the bagging quilt, which is pretty much annoying. Can it be fixed?

Also, I downloaded both cs_bedding.zip and cs_beds, do you really need both or only one of them?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 February 10, 10:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both. One contains the bed meshes, the other contains the bedding textures. In THEORY, it could work without the beddings, but unpredictable things may happen, like the default textures flashing blue.

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 February 10, 10:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok then. So can you fix the default sheet? All beds now, including maxis' have the bagging quilt as the default sheet. Undecided
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 February 10, 11:52:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok then. So can you fix the default sheet? All beds now, including maxis' have the bagging quilt as the default sheet. Undecided
That seems to be the behavior all recolorable objects, they pick the first color on the list. This behavior is caused by the installation of any recolors, far as I know.

I have to warn you, that I'm not good in making custom content in sims, so I could have forgotten about smth when I was converting. There shouldn't be any problems, as I checked it all in my game (I have all expansions packs). Still I'm not 100 % sure, so you are downloading it on your own risk.
Yeah, looks like you did it wrong. I see a bunch of SimPE gibberish that has managed to creep into the files, so it's UNCLEAN. I'll probably rerip some of this stuff soon. When you do the cloning rip, do NOT set any of the "fix custom group" crap. Otherwise SimPE will dump junk into your files. Additionally, you left all the garbage that Maxis tends to leave behind and didn't fix the OBJDs. And you redundantly included duplicate textures.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 10, 12:02:13 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 February 10, 12:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But it's not the first color on the list. It's like, the fifth. Huh I hope it can be fixed, but if it can't I'll get used to it eventually.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2008 February 10, 12:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is like the original Maxis beds though-the default colour for the beds is that light blue sheet, but that isn't the first on the 'list'.

I sort of like the new beddings-would look great in trashed houses or twikki-type huts.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: 2008 February 10, 17:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do we need Havelocks fix or have you incorporated it into the beds, Pescado?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 February 10, 17:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is incorporated in the currently uploading version. Expect it up in a few minutes.

KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 February 10, 19:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to get all impatient or anything, but I was wondering if any of the following objects are on your to-be-ripped list: hot tub, portapotty, easel, food basket, behind the technology curve stove, cowry cash register, ash grabber trash pit, poker table, luau buffet, deluxe moth wicker dresser, jungle swing, or the modular stairs. Thus far, my inferior skills have been unsuccessful in getting these particular objects working in real TS2. I have some ideas on how to work around some of the issues but it'll be long, tedious, painful, and produce an inferior product. I'll do it if these objects don't appeal to you (a real TS2 island village- DO WANT), but my head may explode if I go through all the torture only to find that you've uploaded better, cleaner, superior-in-every-aspect versions.

On another note, has anyone had any success extracting the new hats? I think I maybe figured out how to do clothes but hair eludes me. My stupid, let me show you it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: