More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 11:16:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  sim is floating?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sim is floating?  (Read 2892 times)
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
sim is floating?
« on: 2008 January 31, 12:54:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ask Me Your Questions, And I Will Make Fun Of You!

I'll take the risk.  Undecided I sent my sim on vacation and she was floating on air. Literally. One full storey above the others. Any ideas as to what is causing this? I have all EPs and SPs installed, patched and running with the correct version of the no-cd hack for BV. Help is appreciated.

Lily

I can only please one person per day.
Today just isn't your day.
Tomorrow's not looking so good, either.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: sim is floating?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 31, 12:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen that since the base game, or possibly uni.  It's just a graphics glitch that happens to sims in the bathroom.  Was this sim on the toilet at the time?

Mildly amusing when the sim is in the bath or shower - you don't get the blur (if you have it turned on) and you don't see the shower or bath either, just a naked sim floating in space.

It tends to happen in my game if I've changed the floor I'm looking at by clicking on the icon of a sim on a different floor (as opposed to changing the floor I'm viewing by clicking to go up or down a floor).

Come to think of it, I don't think I've seen it since I added Dizzy's hack to disable the blur.  So maybe this glitch is something to do with the blur?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 31, 13:03:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting her and coming back in the lot? Seems like just a graph glitch to me that should be solved easily enough.
Lily Whyte
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 31, 13:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting her and coming back in the lot? Seems like just a graph glitch to me that should be solved easily enough.

I'll give that a try. Thanks. Smiley

Lily

I can only please one person per day.
Today just isn't your day.
Tomorrow's not looking so good, either.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 31, 13:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That happened to me, when I was using a hack to have more sims in my household. I forget who made it, but it was only supposed to be compatible up to Pets. The glitch only happened on the vacation lots and stopped when I took the hack out.

More F than you
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 31, 18:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happens with annoying frequency in my beach hood, especially with children (I notice your picture is of a beach lot).  I usually manage to solve the problem by making the affected sim "swim in ocean" and then get them to get out of the ocean using "go here".

Could also try shift clicking on the sim and forcing an error - select "reset".  It'll kill the sim's queue, but it does often cure graphics glitches.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: