More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:39:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Prospect University: Modular College
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Prospect University: Modular College  (Read 28768 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Prospect University: Modular College
« on: 2008 February 01, 04:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As seen on-line.
Requires: All EPs up to & including BV. No SPs.
All housing is unfurnished. Greedy beggar.
Cut to the link. All files can be downloaded here.

Every thriving town needs its very own university, and the university for Prospect Beach just happens to be on the northern side of the islet, unseen by but easy to get to for residents. In fact, a sim could very well walk around the mountain and reach the university in a few hours. The campus is hyper-organized and small, with newly-built buildings that match seamlessly. Wait, you say that's drab, boring, and completely bereft of personality? Surely not! The students have several housing choices:
  • a large, 16-room dorm with music room, study, and rec room
  • a four-room apartment building that sims can live in independently or run as a greek house
  • a small two-story rented home for a self-sufficient single sim or a young couple
But there's more to a smoothly running and personalized college than buildings! Prospect University also features custom recolored pennants, shirts, athletic clothing, and signage. Each dorm features faceplates that tell sims where they live, just in case cramming for their finals has sapped them of their ability to navigate. And remember, we don't need no stinking llama! We have the P.U. skunk.

Now you can have your own Prospect University, for the price of 6 tiny payments of $9.99*. If you act now, you will also receive a special offer of a custom neighborhood map for your college students to figure out where the heck they are. Don't delay...this is a limited time offer.**

So what exactly do you get for your money?

Terrain file!
  • space for super-flat beach lots
  • paved area is completely flat and share-friendly

Custom clothing!

(PU Attire folder includes TSS mesh conversions by Migamoo and Cloudlessnights of MTS2, needed for the male jackets and the female athletic attire respectively)

Decorative Neighborhood Lots!

Totally deserted community lots! (red deco walls shown on park included with game and require SaraMK's hack to be placeable on lots)

Student housing!
See pictures of the:
(Housing contains custom content not created by myself. If the creators put their name on it, great. If not, I'm not tracking down stuff I may have downloaded three years ago.)

Terms of Use:
I honestly don't care. Recolor my recolors. Share my lots. Upload sims with the clothing on the Exchange. Whatever. Just don't put them up on a paysite, or I'll come after you with a blunt object.

*per week for the next 20 years
** assuming that the Earth implodes sometime in the next gazillion years

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Prospect University: Modular College
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 01, 04:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooooooooh!

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 01, 05:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, you've put a lot of work into that. It reminds me a little of Dunedin University in NZ. If I played Uni this would be lovely to try.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 01, 08:54:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is lovely Zaza. Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 01, 09:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 01, 11:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 4shared link seems to be broken. Sad

All files can be downloaded here.

The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or use our search engine to find a file or folder

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 01, 12:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well that saves me the trouble of coming up with a University that satisfies three genres. Yoink!

*it took me three goes to get this right? sheesh!
« Last Edit: 2008 February 01, 12:18:47 by floopyboo » Logged

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 01, 12:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to Emma.

Why, what've I done now?

[eta] Never mind-just found out in another thread. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2008 February 01, 12:26:08 by Emma » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 01, 15:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 4shared link seems to be broken. Sad

All files can be downloaded here.

The file link that you requested is not valid. Please contact link publisher or use our search engine to find a file or folder
Apparently you have to activate individual folders for sharing. Should be working now.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 01, 17:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well met! Off to download...

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 01, 18:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that, I've snagged it for my MATY Inverted hood as the first few sprogs have become teenagers and will be off to uni sometime soon.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 01, 22:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, face replacements (yes, still using, still enjoying) and now this. You are spoiling me!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 01, 23:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I neglected to mention the dorm names on the included faceplates. There are six, named Zuniga Hall, Dorsey Hall, Brooks Hall, Georgia Hall, Ferguson Hall, and Herron Hall. Again, feel free to recolor.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 04, 15:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just thought you'd like to know you've created a monster. I started a new university based around P.U. and have spent the weekend playing it/modifying it. I'm really fond of the buffer lots - they add so much realism to the layout. I am using your lots and a couple community lots that I built from scratch (since I wanted a beach neighbourhood - I decided P.U. is my ritzy private college). I took the community lot included and turned it into a student union reminiscent of my own college days. Most recently, I downloaded a lot from MTS2 called "The Cubist" that fits in quite well with your architectural theme and spent much of yesterday turning it into a combination library/community center. I am enjoying this so much that I might even let my Uni Sims go out and play instead of study/eat/caffeinate/graduate.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 04, 16:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use buffers a lot, though now with SaraMK's hack I don't always need to. The base 'hood this was built for, Prospect Beach, has a bunch of 1xX areas. Some have just a line of palm trees. An area within the shopping plaza (a large supermarket, Dance!, and The Furnished Abode) has these tiny 1x1 lots that are just sidewalk designs. The biggest buffers are on one of the plateaus, where the terrain effect farmland wouldn't fit properly. I have three lots colored to look like farmland.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 07, 05:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dylan Mayo just demonstrated the P.U. approved method for dealing with mascots from other colleges.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 February 10, 06:01:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a thread or a readme that I missed that explain how to install this in the game?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 February 10, 07:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, there isn't. I guess I could put one in, but it's just your basic way of adding lots and cc. It's not a new college template, hence the "modular" in the title. I tried and tried to set up a template that wouldn't crash and wouldn't override the base ones and wasn't successful.

Add a custom Uni using the "Prospect University" terrain. The lots should be in your lot catalog and can be plopped as you like them. All lots have flat edges. The sign included is found with other signs...from the 'hood view, under decorations - landmarks. It should be the first shown.

The completely optional wall signs can be found under buy - decorative - wall hangings, and cost $50. The pennants are simply recolors of the Uni pennants under the same category.

For the clothes, if you want your dormies to wear them I use Christianlov's Sim Boutique Clothing Rack. I have about a third of the dormies in the original PU in the clothing, because I thought it would look silly to have everyone in skunk wear.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 February 21, 14:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fantastic! Now my simlets don't have to attend the same old boring Maxis colleges. (4shared annoyed the hell out of me trying to download but it was worth it in the end)

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 February 21, 16:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wants you to, like, wait and stuff. It's uppity. One of the best for long-term sharing, though.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Ghanima Atreides
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 February 22, 00:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that wasn't the worst part. It was when the page stopped loading in the middle of my download that I got a little annoyed. It was back in an hour though, so all's well when it ends well and all that jazz.

For the record, I did end up putting UP together and it looks just lovely. Now I actually want to play Uni, something I don't do often. Shame there aren't any skunk meshes out there to replace the stupid boring llamas.

Enemies strengthen; allies weaken.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 February 22, 00:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose it comes with your NPCs? I hate having to populate a university, and they look decent.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 February 22, 00:44:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The models, unfortunately, have not been seen since the photo shoot.
I use temporary 'hoods to photograph things like that, and it has been trashed.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Corylea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 February 28, 05:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Prospect University also features custom recolored pennants, shirts, athletic clothing, and signage. Each dorm features faceplates that tell sims where they live, just in case cramming for their finals has sapped them of their ability to navigate.

Wow.  That's so cool!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games.    Film at 11.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 February 29, 07:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded all the files for this, and unfortunately it appears I'm bad at life.  I can get the lots/neighbourhood to work fine, but none of the clothes appear in CAS or as options to buy from the clothing rack options. The pennants also don't seem to appear.  (The signage and the map appear fine, so I assume you didn't decustomise half the items or something odd).

Yes, I have the meshes (for the clothes - I assume the pennants didn't need them).  Please help - I now have a gorgeous university, but I'd like it if their clothes and support matched their surroundings.  I know it's probably my fault anyway, but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong before I just give up and delete it all.

(I'm not sure what other info you'll need but yes, I do have custom content enabled, and other CC items that were added both before and after these are still showing up.  I have EPs Uni-Seasons + TSS + H&M).
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: