More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 06:44:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Professors of whatever
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Professors of whatever  (Read 6384 times)
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Professors of whatever
« on: 2008 January 30, 13:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a SimPE-ish way to find out which professor teaches what subject? I tried some custom majors, then kicked them out and would love to test Asylum controller on the spare academic bunch, but I don't really want to pull 'No meeting profs' hack out unless inevitable.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Professors of whatever
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 30, 13:30:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

slight hijack: no meeting profs hack? where?
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 30, 13:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, here in MATY. Although I don't see it now in the big list. Odd.

Edit: probably it was 2jeffs's, then, so it must've followed him to wherever he is now.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 30, 13:46:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, apparently it's a squinge one, in case anyone else is interested.

This thread seems to suggest that there is a SimPE way to check this, but unfortunately that's all I've been able to find.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 30, 14:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open your neighbourhood in SimPE.  Click on Sim Description (SDSC) on the left hand pane.  Sort the right pane by name to group your professors together, then scroll down to your professors.  Select each one and look at the Uni tab.  This will tell you which subject each professor teaches.  Although I don't know what it will say for the professors who were teaching custom majors.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 30, 18:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, apparently it's a squinge one, in case anyone else is interested.

Squinge may have one, but TwoJeffs' has his version over on inteen that's updated for new EPs, since he's still active modding and Squinge has 'retired'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 31, 23:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Maybe then I can use SimPE to give them different outfits according to major. It's so hard to keep track of them!

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 February 01, 09:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge may have one, but TwoJeffs' has his version over on inteen that's updated for new EPs, since he's still active modding and Squinge has 'retired'.

Checked it out and it's indeed TwoJeffs, not Squinge (as was suggested in the thread I linked to).

Are all professors elders? They seem to be in my game, which annoys me. My professors at uni weren't all old guys. If they ARE all elders, is it okay to switch them to adults with SimPE, or would that be a VBT?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 February 01, 09:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are all professors elders? They seem to be in my game, which annoys me. My professors at uni weren't all old guys. If they ARE all elders, is it okay to switch them to adults with SimPE, or would that be a VBT?

There are adult professors, too. No idea if switching the elders to adults is a VBT, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 February 01, 10:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Maybe then I can use SimPE to give them different outfits according to major. It's so hard to keep track of them!
In my previous neighbourhood I went through all professors in SimPE and changed their names according to their subject.  They already have the "Professor" in their name, so I just changed it to something like "Prof.Phi John" and "Prof.Mat Dora".  I also gave them makeovers to look more like the subject they were teaching, especially the drama profs.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 February 01, 10:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About half of mine are adults, and given how you can date them, shag them, marry them and feed them to cowplants it's most likely safe to convert them. I have a couple of them moved in, never a problem like, say, a headmaster.
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 01, 13:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange, the random factor in professors must have spouted only elders at me then. I don't recall seeing an adult one.

Thanks for the info tho )
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 04, 18:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About half of mine are adults, and given how you can date them, shag them, marry them and feed them to cowplants it's most likely safe to convert them. I have a couple of them moved in, never a problem like, say, a headmaster.

I think the only one that could be problematic is the drama professor, who can usually be identified as the annoying one that always shows up at the dorms ringing the doorbell.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 05, 03:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you change their outfits via SimPe or did you force change their clothes via a controller in game?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 08, 15:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the only one that could be problematic is the drama professor, who can usually be identified as the annoying one that always shows up at the dorms ringing the doorbell.

I just checked in SimPE - in my game, it's Philosophy professor who does that. But I usually ignore him until he goes away, so haven't noticed anything.

As for spares, they are shown as 'Unknown'.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 February 08, 18:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an update to my shrub hack in the brain dump thread that shows major names with professors. It *should* work with custom majors, but I haven't tested that. I'd appreciate if someone told me whether that works.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: