More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 13:01:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated?  (Read 3945 times)
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated?
« on: 2008 January 24, 04:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And do I need to worry about other cc like walls, makeup etc.? I know there's a list of NL hacks that are OK for OFB, but OFB didn't really appeal to me so I just got Pets and I'm not sure how to tell what I need to update and what I don't. I have a non-Intel Mac, if that makes a difference. I have the following hacks:
antipeeobsession
antiredundancy
clothingtool
dropoldloves
fasterbuyclothes
ffsdebugger
finalfix-nlp2 (I'm assuming I either don't need this anymore or that there is a pets version? I'm not even entirely sure what this one does to be honest, but I'm pretty sure I got it here.)
abortbedmaking
Always Flush Toilets- Wash Hands
anitbabylecture
authorized_personnel_only
Baby Wants Fix
captainhero
coffeecuphack
dailygardener
deathfix
doorbell-quieter
engagewantfix
hugginghack
ltwvariety
marriage-postmortum
marriage-traditional
NL-DormGenderController
NL-school bus-bring friend dialog
nobabyharassment
notelepathy
notownieregen
phonehack
phonehack- talkmodule
stereohack
triplets&quadsmod_v2_6
ssfriendcountfix
nl-anticrash (also assuming either I don't need this one anymore or there is a newer version?)
nobathroomdishes
nodiningwithscum
nodormieregen
nossrespawn
stuckobjectremover
wfsanity

Thanks in advance!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 24, 07:09:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to look in the Pets directory-and if any of the hacks you already have are in there, redownload and overwrite. There might be some pet-specific hacks you want in there too, RTFM to find out what they do.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 24, 10:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Install OFB anyway.  Even if you don't intend to play it, it fixes a lot of bugs, and with pets installed you'll have more than enough bugs to deal with as it is.
Alternately install one of the stuff packs that run on the OFB game engine.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 24, 12:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Upgrading to Pets already will use a newer engine than OFB. However, OFB adds the ability to have non-special subhoods, and to own lots, regardless of whether you want ownable businesses, so is good to have.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Upgrading from NL to Pets, skipped OFB, which of my hacks need to be updated
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 24, 22:03:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks for the help everyone!
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 25, 02:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I started a test neighborhood and ran it for awhile, everything seemed to be in good working order. All of my cc seems to be intact in CAS, however upon entering a house in a neighborhood I'd started before installing Pets, I have some custom counters that are now blue. Also, I redownloaded the debugger and replaced the existing copy in my downloads folder but it's not showing up in the catalog. I know at least authorized personnel only is working. Did I screw something up or is some of my cc just not going to work now or is the debugger no longer an object?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 25, 16:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good rule of thumb:  Delete all hacks from Downloads when you install a new EP that is "later" than your current cocktail.  (i.e. if you have OFB and then install NL, you don't need to upgrade hacks, but if you have NL and install Pets or Seasons, you need to upgrade).  Then install ONLY those hacks that are compatible with your latest EP (i.e. install awesome hacks from the Pets directory or director's cut).  This will avoid conflicts with hacks that may have become obsolete since your last EP.

Also, you need to check on whether any non-awesome hacks you might have conflict with Awesome hacks.  You might try removing any non-awesome stuff to see if that solves your problem.

Damn, I thought I didn't want OFB, but I want owned comm lots.  Off hunting I guess.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 25, 16:37:11 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 29, 14:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The short guide of what each XPack gives in terms of core and useful elements.
UNI: University, 6-want-slots, Peeing.
NL: Downtown, Vampires, Peeing.
OFB: Non-Special-Attribute Subhoods, Ownable Community Lots, Craftables, Peeing.
Pets: Pets, Werewolves, Peeing.
Seasons: Seasons, temperature, motive decay changes not available without, lightning, peeing.
BV: Vacations, Peeing.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: