More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:32:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Upgraded Jewelry for the BV Machine
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Upgraded Jewelry for the BV Machine  (Read 9855 times)
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Upgraded Jewelry for the BV Machine
« on: 2008 January 27, 17:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a follow-up to an older thread in which a bunch of us put our heads together and figured out how to upgrade pre-existing accessories for use in Bon Voyage's new jewelry scheme. There was much rejoicing, and it seemed that a new era would begin, with a flood of new jewelry appearing on this site and others around the world.

Didn't happen.

I got a PM today asking if I'd ever gotten the Family Fun Stuff Snorkels (my guinea pigs) working as BV jewelry. The answer is "Yes," but I wasn't sure how to go about sharing the item. I didn't really want to make a new thread just to share the damn snorkels, but I didn't want to tarnish the purity of the other thread's tutorialness. So, what I propose is that anyone else who has done the legwork and converted some jewelry, please share it with the rest of us for maximum happiness. I understand that the Wrangler makes the whole process easy, but you still have to find the good jewelry before you can convert it, so why not let us benefit from your discerning eye?

I'll start by contributing the snorkels. I don't have any pictures (speaking of which, can anyone recommend a good picture host?), but if you don't have FFS, you can't use these snorkels anyway, and if you do have it, you probably know what they look like already. These will override the original snorkels, completely relocating them to the "Misc" section of Jewelry. From there, you can choose what outfits you want it to appear with and whatnot.

You can read about some of the bugginess inherent in the Jewelry system in the tutorial thread. It's almost guaranteed you will experience weird behavior with these snorkels. Hell, I experience weird behavior with the default Maxis jewelry all the time. Weren't we supposed to get another patch? In any event, let me know if the snorkels just plain aren't working for you, and I'll double check to be sure that I didn't make some boneheaded mistake.

Enjoy the snorkels if you are so inclined, and please share your awesome, converted jewelry!

* [acc] FFS Snorkels as BV Jewelry (child).zip (1.09 KB - downloaded 481 times.)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Upgraded Jewelry for the BV Machine
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 30, 10:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, this is much needed.  Cheesy  Who in the right mind would go to school with a snorkel on? When Seasons came out, I tried in vain to change the category of snorkels to appear only under swimsuit.
The jewelry version works just as buggywell as Maxis defaults. As it's only a month until the release of FreeTime, isn't it a time for EAxis to throw some food to appease sheeples? Roll Eyes

I've been using Photobucket for several years. I like it because it doesn't mangle filenames, unlike some other imagehosts.

Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 30, 23:54:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wonderful! This is greatly appreciated by me. I'll let you know if I have any problems with them but thankfully I've not even had any problems with the MAXIS/EA stuff (yet).
delonariel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 February 18, 22:37:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally I can use the damned things!
What I really want to know is if it's possible to convert some of the female jewlery to males?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 February 18, 23:15:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it at all possible to make adult jewelry available for teens? I'm assuming that that would require a new mesh, right? I was not happy at all to discover that my rebellious teens could not be pierced. I did try using the Wardrobe wrangler to adjust some downloaded jewelry that should have had a teen category but I must have done something wrong or had the wrong mesh as whatever I did crashed my game.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 February 19, 03:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, teens require a different mesh from adults, sadly. In theory, it's a trivial operation of just moving the piercing to the right place for a teen face and reassigning bones, but I guess that'd be too much work for lazy ol' Maxis. I probably ought to train myself how to do it.

I dunno why your wrangled jewelry is crashing you. If you upload it, I'll gladly take a look at it and see if I can find what's wrong.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 February 19, 03:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ended up going to MTS2, redownloading them, and letting them overwrite the ones I had modified as I wasn't sure exactly which ones from that set I had messed with. It was Ren's Chain Earings. I just assumed that I set something wrong or had gotten the recolor file or something. Didn't try again after that, I'd rather spend my time in my game, not trying to get it to work like it should in the first place.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: