More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:03:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Mascots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Mascots  (Read 5676 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Mascots
« on: 2008 January 26, 01:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok. Prospect Beach has a university named Prospect University. In a characteristic stroke of oblivion, I didn't notice that meant that Prospect University's initials were P.U. and what that sounded like for a few days. I like P.U.. It's pretty, and it has lovely little cookie-cutter dorms and apartments and housing, etc., looking like a very straight-laced little college. What does every seemingly quaint and wholesome college need? An inappropriate mascot, of course! Even better, loads and loads of recolored YA outfits featuring that inappropriate mascot!

But my ideas taste stale. What should the mascot be? My only ideas so far are for a big steaming pile of poo and some sort of stink ball.

(If it helps you to picture things, the font used will most likely be Underground or Year Book Mess. If not, hey...free fonts. Colors will probably be green and brown, but that's really up in the air.)

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Mascots
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 26, 01:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't help but think of pepe' le pew.  Get a pic of stinky skunk that visits sims' homes and use that!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 26, 05:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something like this?

Hmm. I kind of like it. I need an alternate image with a huge skunk face, but that shouldn't be hard to find.

EDIT: Is good:

Just need to do a few male tops, some activewear, and use the logo for pennants/signs and such, plus do the dorm signs and campus maps at the lot and 'hood level. Customization is a bitch, but it's so freaking pretty.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 26, 08:17:32 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 26, 08:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this should get you off to a good start.

I'd love to see the results, and download, perhaps? Wink

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 26, 14:07:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh me too!  Don't forget Stinky Stink the Skunk from the game, maybe you can incorporate him also.   Wink

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 26, 19:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The simple black & white skunk pictured was actually ripped from the game files. It's one of the UI images. The head is a picture of a Hasbro tiny toy I found here (she has some fantastic pics).

I was trying to create a template with Prospect University and then was going to share it all set up with the clothing and such as an optional add-in. Unfortunately, creating the template has given me major issues. I can get it set as a template, and the terrain file and deco will be set up, but the lots are nowhere to be found, even after changing their names and verifying that the 'hood's package file references them all. Current plan is to offer them in modular style.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 26, 20:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

this should get you off to a good start.

Did better then I did when I looked, all I found was a bunch of furries. Not that I have a problem with furries, but some of the second life groups were not something that I necessarily needed to learn about. O_o unicorn babies ...seriously, wtf.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 26, 20:50:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the skunk idea fails, there's also the stinky prospector. Goes well with Prospect University, too.

tgcgoddess
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 27, 18:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're looking for some athletic clothes, the official italian site has some for the olympics on their site.

http://www.thesims2.it/files.list.asp?nav_page=4&category=0&searchstr=

Scroll down to "Skin delle olimpiadi".  There are more on page 3.  I'm sure they cold be recolored into P.U. atire nicely.
Captain Swooptie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 27, 19:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the skunk idea fails, there's also the stinky prospector. Goes well with Prospect University, too.

That had been my thought too when I read this thread. That, or a giant, gold-plated turd.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 27, 23:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The turd was my first thought, but it was missing a certain something. Making it gold-plated may have worked. But now I'm almost done with all the clothing, so... Huh  Even my sucky quick recolors take a lot of time.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 28, 09:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making default replacements of the exsisting mascot costumes is a hassle.  I tried it once.
The problem is the meshes.  The llama costume is used for both genders and all ages from teen to elder (as career outfits in the athletic career) so it can (as far as I can figure) only be replaced with a similar mesh, which is a bit of a limitation.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: