More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 16:43:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Disappearing Neighbourhoods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Disappearing Neighbourhoods?  (Read 3688 times)
Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Disappearing Neighbourhoods?
« on: 2008 January 21, 09:53:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be reading quite a lot of people whose neighbourhoods disappear, and it recently happened with my Veronaville. Not that I really care, I don't play it and my game was up for a fresh install anyway.

Just curious whether anyone knows what causes random vanishing neighbourhoods? Veronaville still showed up in the 'hoods folder but ingame it just didn't show.

I'd rather not have this happen to one of my own hoods.
purplebunny
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Disappearing Neighbourhoods?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 21, 22:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen some evidence that disappearing 'hoods may be related to the game crashing while saving the 'hood or shutting down that particular neighborhood. Haven't tried to replicate the error myself, though, so it may be circumstantial evidence at best.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 25, 02:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had this happen and have been searching to figure out what' s been going on.   My "seasons" neighborhood (whatever it was called) has disappeared.  I downloaded the blank neighborhoods from this site, but it worked until just recently.  I've removed my downloads, nuked the "neighborhood manager" file and no show.  The funny thing is that the stupid G001 folder still exists but the game won't recognize it.  The only thing I can think of is .... simPe.  I haven't used it since I downloaded it, yet it still starts when I am editing my downloads folder.  I merely run the curser over a file and the blasted thing starts running.  Could that have anything to do with my disappearing 'hood?  I haven't opened SimPe yet, so there are no neighborhood backups.  I really am not attached to the 'hood, but don't I don't like not knowing what is going on in my game.

I sure do hope someone has some answers 'cause I'm befuddled.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 25, 07:47:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use either the anygame or basegamestarter by Numenor? Totally screws with your program files if you make a teeny tiny mistake when loading a game.

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 25, 11:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use either the anygame or basegamestarter by Numenor? Totally screws with your program files if you make a teeny tiny mistake when loading a game.

I've never downloaded it myself, but if it was included in a lot, may have done so inadvertently.  I'll check on that.  Don't remember ever seeing it while using the clean installer, though.

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 25, 12:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is a program not a hack, and can't be included in lots. Wink

Nepheris
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 25, 12:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, no anygamestarter by Numenor. My game is Awesome Stuffs only, and when Veronaville disappeared it had the exact same symptoms as Maurie described. The folder is still there but the game acts as if it doesn't exist.

Seeing as I never even played it, I don't know if it could be caused by a game crash. There was nothing to save so a corrupt save seems doubtful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: