More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 08:00:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Duplicated characteres
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Duplicated characteres  (Read 6585 times)
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

Everything is blue in this world.

View Profile WWW
Duplicated characteres
« on: 2008 January 25, 16:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I made it somwhow, my game is about to become a GBFVFS. I was editing some names at SIMPE and discovered that the DEFAULT family is filled with duplicated sims, copies of my playables. My chars folder have 1804 sims and I donīt have all of those sims. I decided to clean the hood (if is already going to become a GBFVFS, it worths the try).

I checked the deleteme2 thread but problem is those chars donīt appear at the debug mode, none of them. The files are there messing my game and making my hood slow but I could not find any of them to purge before I delete using SIMPE.

Suggestions? If I have no suggestions I am going to make the painful way, one by one through simpe, cleaning the hood memo file, etc.

Note: I never did any stupidity like import houses with sims full of memos, etc. I always keep my game clean and organized, I always used all Pescadoīs hack (I started to play TS2 just last year) and I am surprised to see that happened. Interesting to notice that happened after I installed Pets. Now I installed Seasons and just got worse and yes, I patched my game.

Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Duplicated characteres
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 25, 18:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does SimPe's sim browser show these duplicate sims as well? And does your Characters folder has files like N001_User00088.package and N001_User00088.1.package?

Before you do anything drastic, check if those duplicate sims have different GUIDS, otherwise deleting those sims might also delete data associated with your original sims:

Finally, if you really need to delete many sims, you can select the ones you want, and use the Deleter Tool on that selection. That will save you time and lots of dialog boxes Wink
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 25, 18:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

check if those duplicate sims have different GUIDS
Yes, they have. It was the first thing I checked when I saw the default family were full of duplicates. Each one of them have they own GUID, have no memories, have no relationships. Itīs almost like my game is making extra copies of my sims.
Achila Goth, as example, a game in-born have 5 copies of himself at the Default family, each one with a different GUID  and a N001file associatedl. None of them have memories or relationships with the real sims, itīs all blank.
Some of the duplicated sims are NPC and some of them are deceased sims that I never touched, like the Gothīs ancestors.

I think what I need to do (ouch, it will be a lot of work) is change all suspects names, then check the hood memory file to see if I didnīt changed a valid one by accident (Death and other important ones are at the Default family) and then manually delete one by one.

Check these screenshots:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/denialalice/sim0080.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/denialalice/sim0079.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/denialalice/sim0078.jpg

and you will see what happen: I have the original Agnes Crumblewhatever with her memos (so, the real dead one) and 2 copies of her who have no memory but are individual files, one is N001_User1644 and the other one is N001_User1291. The original one is N001_User030.

The only thing that puzzles me is why my freaking game is doing this??

edit: ok, here what I discovered, apparently my game generated some kind of "backup" of all my sims - thatīs why I have 1804 files, I use to have 983 sims according the backup I made after install Seasons and 974 sims a week ago. The game is using the new ones, I was checking the family trees, the game is using the most high user numbers instead the old ones.

What can be possibly happened in one week to cause this?  cause it seemed just happened in last week.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 25, 19:26:37 by danicast » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 25, 21:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a guess, having seen your screenshots:  you didn't by chance happen to "move in" or "marry" Mrs. Crumplebottom, did you?

She is a special NPC (like the Grim Reaper) - making these playable, moving in, etc. is a VBT.

Tribulatio proxima est
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 25, 21:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Crumblewhatever is the last name of the Goths ancestors  - my game is not in english, the name is Rugabaixa (Agnes Rugabaixa is Cornelia Goth mother, I guess). The Rugabaixa are the Goths founders., MS Crumbleetc NPC is named Dona Eugenia in brazilian games, is not easy to mix those. And AGnes start the game pretty much dead.

I am not a stupid to do something like this, I play, mod and hack sims since 2001.

I have no clue what caused this. I am carefull even with the mods and hacks I add to my game, to avoid problems like this. I am starting to think that maybe my game didnīt saved correctly one week ago.

ETA: just FYI I am returning a backup from some days ago. Itīs too much work to manually edit.
Bleh, I wish I found what caused that.

edit again: I think I know what I did that exploded my game: I moved the cemetery. I had an old cemetery that I wanted to evict so I sent a sim there to move the tombs from that cemetery to the new one. I didnīt added the tombs to his inventory I just used the move option. I have the "no unlink on delete" hack.

I think this is what screw my game, try to move the tombs,  is the only weird thing I did these days.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 26, 00:25:29 by danicast » Logged

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 26, 08:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just throwing in another idea here ...

You didn't happen to move an occupied lot to the lot bin, did you?

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 26, 08:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally, if you really need to delete many sims, you can select the ones you want, and use the Deleter Tool on that selection. That will save you time and lots of dialog boxes
Except you should use DELETED 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO's Lot Debugger part first, to cleanse all the in-game resources.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 26, 10:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado: none of those duplicated sims appear at the debugger menu when I tried to use deleteme2 part 01 to clean them. They were not available. None of them had memories or relationships.

I just returned an old backup, cause it was too messed to fix it.

An no, kids I didnīt did any stupidity like move occupied lots to the bin, marry bad NPCs, ressurrect Mortimer Goth grandgrandfather or kill Ms Crumblebottom. I think it was the tombstone moving, because this happened after I try to move the tombs from one cemetery to another - and I didnīt used the inventory method, I used the move method, sending a sim to the lot to move, returning the sim to its home and then going at the new cemetery in build mode. All community lots. I truly believe is what broke my game.

I am going to try the same at Seasons hood just as an experiment to see if happens the same disaster there.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 26, 11:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An no, kids I didnīt did any stupidity like move occupied lots to the bin, marry bad NPCs, ressurrect Mortimer Goth grandgrandfather or kill Ms Crumblebottom.

Since you made the following patently false BBS-type claim in another thread, I assumed that your game knowledge might be at the BBS level, and therefore you might make idiotic mistakes.  (It's false because any offspring of Mary-Sue and Daniel will ALWAYS have black hair).

Lilith and Angela actually are Mary Sue and Daniel offsprings. I tested the genetic data plus facial geometry and gave to Mary Sue and Daniel 2 new offsprings, both resembles Angela and Lilith, one have black hair and the other one red hair.

My bad. 

BTW, I haven't been called a kid in over 30 years.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 26, 12:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you made the following patently false BBS-type claim in another thread, I assumed that your game knowledge might be at the BBS level, and therefore you might make idiotic mistakes.  (It's false because any offspring of Mary-Sue and Daniel will ALWAYS have black hair).
This is mostly an artifact of genetic inconsistencies left in the premades. There is some reason to believe this may have been produced by the SDNA bug prior to shipping and never caught.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
danicast
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 27, 12:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is mostly an artifact of genetic inconsistencies left in the premades. There is some reason to believe this may have been produced by the SDNA bug prior to shipping and never caught.
I thought that, thanks for confirm this info.

Kyna, did you tried to use genetic fix hack? I use since the beginning and have the most interesting results with my sims, including the fact that the black hair is not so dominant and that not all townies have red genetics. Is called hairtone_defaults.package and I got here at MATY at some thread.

And  Kyna, I didnīt lied, darling, I have the Dreams with natural daughters, one brunette and other one with red hair and with facial geometry that look like exactly like Angela and Lilith. I donīt know if EAxis changed anything in lately game versions, my main game is the brazilian Deluxe Version and I am not sure about differences from this one and the first game shipped. It seems to have differences because all the time I have different things at my game like houses that I donīt have or houses that I have but american game donīt have, I discovered lately that this is one of differences between game versions. You also should consider the idea to not pre-judge people as stupid just because you donīt know that person well.

MrsSoares
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 February 01, 19:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does SimPe's sim browser show these duplicate sims as well? And does your Characters folder has files like N001_User00088.package and N001_User00088.1.package?

I have a character with the '.1' ending to their file name... what could be causing this? ( I only have one  ).

I am Bipolar, have PMS and a gun... any fucking questions???
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 February 01, 19:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a character with the '.1' ending to their file name... what could be causing this? ( I only have one  ).

Is that character a nanny? I think the .1 file is normal for that NPC.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
MrsSoares
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 February 01, 19:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that character a nanny? I think the .1 file is normal for that NPC.

Nope, it's the streaker... Sad

I am Bipolar, have PMS and a gun... any fucking questions???
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 February 02, 12:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duplicate "Ghost" Defaults are typically the result of installing inhabited lots to the neighborhood or package-ripping sims between neighborhoods. This is a Bad Thing. Check in the "UNLINKED" section in Deleted 2.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: