More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 02:32:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  UPDATED 11/28/08 Site: Ambular's Artifacts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: UPDATED 11/28/08 Site: Ambular's Artifacts  (Read 22749 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: UPDATED Site: Ambular's Artifacts
« Reply #25 on: 2008 March 25, 08:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, I was just at your site last night-I can't seem to view the CAS faces previews. I wanna see! I have your MTS2 ones, but I'd like to compare your face types and pick and choose which ones I want.

Thanks Kiss

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 March 25, 11:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, I was just at your site last night-I can't seem to view the CAS faces previews. I wanna see! I have your MTS2 ones, but I'd like to compare your face types and pick and choose which ones I want.

Huh.  They're showing up fine for me.  What browser are you using?

Anyway, here's the images in a .rar file.  Please let me know when you've got them downloaded so I can delete them and free up the server space.  :)

http://ambular.djssims.com/AD_TemplateImages.rar

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2008 March 25, 12:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crappy AOL browser and also tried in IE.

Got them thanks Grin

Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2008 March 25, 23:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually visited your site a few times, and had several areas where I couldn't see pictures.  I can't see those CAS faces, either.  I'm using Seamonkey (mozilla based, like Firefox), but I don't get any change by switching to IE tab.

I can see some things, namely the plate replacements and the pics for each main section.

...actually I started fiddling around and I think I know why I can only see some of your pictures.  Your nick is AmberDiceless, and you're adding the abbreviation "AD" to your pictures.  You're getting hit by adblocker, at least on my side.  I can add exceptions, but you may want to rethink the way you name your files.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 March 26, 00:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've actually visited your site a few times, and had several areas where I couldn't see pictures.  I can't see those CAS faces, either.  I'm using Seamonkey (mozilla based, like Firefox), but I don't get any change by switching to IE tab.

I can see some things, namely the plate replacements and the pics for each main section.

...actually I started fiddling around and I think I know why I can only see some of your pictures.  Your nick is AmberDiceless, and you're adding the abbreviation "AD" to your pictures.  You're getting hit by adblocker, at least on my side.  I can add exceptions, but you may want to rethink the way you name your files.

O_o  Well...gee.  I wish I'd thought of that.  Drat.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 March 26, 00:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried out the toddler play table fix, but it seems they're still as obsessed with it.  I had one get stuck in the cycle of going to the table/mom comes to teach nursery rhyme/cancel play table interaction, but it takes so long the nursery rhyme teaching drops out of the queue/rinse and repeat.  I've gotten to the point where they only get the damn things for their last day as a toddler (assuming there's room, the things are so big...).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 March 26, 01:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried out the toddler play table fix, but it seems they're still as obsessed with it.  I had one get stuck in the cycle of going to the table/mom comes to teach nursery rhyme/cancel play table interaction, but it takes so long the nursery rhyme teaching drops out of the queue/rinse and repeat.  I've gotten to the point where they only get the damn things for their last day as a toddler (assuming there's room, the things are so big...).

Hmm.  It seems to work for me.  Do they still make a beeline for it from all the way across the house?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 March 26, 01:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. Walk right past the rabbit head and logic puzzle.

ETA: you know, I use the baby controller -- I wonder if that pushes the table, and overrides your hack?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2008 March 26, 01:18:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baby controller definitely pushes the toddler table.  Amber's hack would only be useful for toddlers on free will (i.e. not under the control of the baby controller).

To get my sims to teach the toddler anything, I send the sim to the nursery, then queue up the "teach ..." command several times so that by the time the toddler disengages from the toddler table there is still a "teach ..." in the queues of both adult & toddler.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2008 March 26, 01:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. Walk right past the rabbit head and logic puzzle.

ETA: you know, I use the baby controller -- I wonder if that pushes the table, and overrides your hack?

Baby controller definitely pushes the toddler table.  Amber's hack would only be useful for toddlers on free will (i.e. not under the control of the baby controller).

To get my sims to teach the toddler anything, I send the sim to the nursery, then queue up the "teach ..." command several times so that by the time the toddler disengages from the toddler table there is still a "teach ..." in the queues of both adult & toddler.

Hmm.  Well, I don't know enough about the Baby Controller to say whether it would help (try at your own risk,), but you could try renaming my hack and putting a z_ at the start of the filename, so it will load afterward.  If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 March 26, 01:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, ok, so the baby controller does seem to be the culprit.  I'll try throwing it on manual override and see if that helps.  Or just stop it when I want the toddler to do something else.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 March 26, 01:49:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, that wouldn't work. 

If the toddler has no low motives that need attending to, then the baby controller pushes a skilling action.  It's first choice of action to push is the toddler table if it's on the lot, followed by the charisma bunny (if no toddler table if present, or if toddler table skills are maxed out), and the logic toy after that.  Using the baby controller to manage a toddler is effectively the same as turning off the toddler's free will.

A hack such as yours, which reduces the attractiveness of the toddler table to toddlers on free will, would make no difference to a toddler under the control of the baby controller.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 March 26, 02:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, that wouldn't work. 

If the toddler has no low motives that need attending to, then the baby controller pushes a skilling action.  It's first choice of action to push is the toddler table if it's on the lot, followed by the charisma bunny (if no toddler table if present, or if toddler table skills are maxed out), and the logic toy after that.  Using the baby controller to manage a toddler is effectively the same as turning off the toddler's free will.

A hack such as yours, which reduces the attractiveness of the toddler table to toddlers on free will, would make no difference to a toddler under the control of the baby controller.

All righty then.  At least I'm aware of the problem and can explain it to people.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 March 26, 02:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so happy that you have your own site--you deserve it!!!  I love it and added it to my favorites.  I love the trailers and agree with you about other trailers that I have downloaded in the past.  I also got a dinner plate replacement--it lookes exactly like my plates.  You are truely awesome.
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 26, 02:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

O_o  Well...gee.  I wish I'd thought of that.  Drat.

Hey, at least I thought to check, right?  Now you know!  XD
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 March 26, 03:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Nailati yoinks the bedding replacements.

Thanks, Ambah.

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2008 March 26, 08:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

-hoards- BAAA!

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: UPDATED 11/28/08 Site: Ambular's Artifacts
« Reply #42 on: 2008 November 29, 03:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* AmberDiceless kicks the big scary red skull guy in the nads.  MY THREAD!

For those interested, big new bedroom set and assorted other stuff:

Ambular's Artifacts: What's New

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 November 29, 06:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that you added some small decorative objects to go along with the set. I end up deleting lots of custom clutters because they are just too big. I can really use that small picture frame, perfect size for mantelpieces too. Smiley

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2008 November 29, 06:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love that you added some small decorative objects to go along with the set. I end up deleting lots of custom clutters because they are just too big. I can really use that small picture frame, perfect size for mantelpieces too. :)

I know just what you mean.  Also the slots in the bottom of the vanity and the middle nightstand shelf can't really handle anything very large.  I'm glad you like them!  :D

Also, just so you know, I finally found nice clear step-by-step instructions for adding and moving slots. So I put some on the headboards and shifted some of the ones you added slightly forward for better visibility.

Thanks again for all your help!

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 November 29, 07:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have some very nice things, thanks. Don't know how I managed to miss this earlier.

I got a page not found error when I tried to download the green and white toybox.

Unsouper
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2008 November 29, 07:40:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have some very nice things, thanks. Don't know how I managed to miss this earlier.

I got a page not found error when I tried to download the green and white toybox.

Thanks for the compliment and the heads-up!  I'll try to figure out what's up with the toybox.

-------------------------

Duble-posting to make sure this is seen: The toybox download is now fixed.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edit by Moderator:
double-posting fixed -- to bump without double-posting, add the stuff from your previous post to your new post, then delete the unneeded one.  I see our Town Criers do it all the time.   Smiley
« Last Edit: 2008 November 29, 10:35:29 by BastDawn » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: