More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:33:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  I need flea powder!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I need flea powder!  (Read 12067 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
I need flea powder!
« on: 2008 January 24, 06:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My pets are seriously buggy. They melt into surfaces (floors, objects, terrain, etc. or even each other) and when that happens they trigger either an endless loop or every action drops from their queue. For example, the cat leaps onto the counter, sinks in, is teleported back to the floor, and the cycle repeats until something interrupts, or (more common with dogs) they sink into the ground and the queue is erased.

My only pet related hacks are noautopetbuy.package, antipetobsession.package, djspetenabledglsobjects.package, lesspetwarfare.package, and petsp0-jobfixes.package. I have three hack conflicts (report below, and--separate concern--I need to know if they work synergistically, or if I have to choose--I think they work together), but I don't see how they would affect pets. I also have Inge's summoner and usually play with boolProp petActionCancel true and boolProp ControlPets on. However, the problem began before I started using those tools.

Additional problem that may, or may not, be specifically related: the game almost froze up when my only litter of pups were born--I set them for adoption via Inge's teleporter immediately--but the game still drags badly, stuttering (jerky pauses and then continuing) on every lot with pets and on some without them.

*** POSSIBLE CONFLICT DETECTED ***
File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Read - Test
Group ID: 0x7FE64A8D
Instance ID: 0x00002000
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\Hacks\MQ_More_Fun_Reading.package
\downloads\Hacks\nobabyharassment.package

Procedure Name: Function - Awareness - Private - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FA4D046
Instance ID: 0x00001001
\downloads\Hacks\no-shock-indoors2b.package
\downloads\Hacks\noshockforoutgoing.package

Procedure Name: Kid Collection - Check for Kid Collection
Group ID: 0x7F92C86E
Instance ID: 0x0000102C
\downloads\Hacks\phonehack.package
\downloads\Hacks\Visitor Controller.package

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: I need flea powder!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 24, 07:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you checked you have the latest versions of the hacks, and that you only have one version in your Downloads folder?

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 24, 07:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, all BV shininess and no duplicates.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 24, 07:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to rtfm for them to see if any do not play nice with other hacks, and also if some need to load before/after the other. Also have you tried taking out those relevant non-awesome hacks and playing to see if you are having the same problems with your Pets?

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 24, 15:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only pet hack that is not part of the newest FFS Hacks & Support is djspetenabledglsobjects by jfade, and all it does is enable pet interactions on the GLS objects. No mention of conflicting hacks in the documentation, and I wouldn't expect any.

I listed my three known conflict issues, but I don't see how they could have any bearing on my current problem. It seems to be some sort of graphical boundary glitch.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 24, 15:37:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but when you upgrade your game sometimes things don't work as they should. If you are having problems with these hacks installed, you should try and play without them for a while. If it is still borked then you can put them back in-game and look at other possibilities.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 26, 07:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you have a bunch of hacks that are entirely conflicting in function. You should remove all of the non-Awesome ones.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 26, 10:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sounds like you have a bunch of hacks that are entirely conflicting in function. You should remove all of the non-Awesome ones.

I have ACR and the few TJ created or recommended hacks that help make it work (not Inteen)--and frankly that's the last hack I'd pull--and several of his other hacks. Otherwise I have 8 from JFade, and the only pet-related ones are no free cat litter and pet enabled gls objects, a few from Inge (apology fix, no autonomous computer games, her mortgage shrubs and her newest shiny teleporter) Crammyboy's penis and a couple more of his, Ste's risky woohoo, harder grades, etc, Monique's More Fun Reading, several of dizzy's, and Dr. Doofus' larger family hack (LotFullofSims0x0177.package). Everything else is FFS.

I don't play an extremely hacked game, and I use very few Monty Python boot-coming-down squelch-inators. I am very picky about what hacks get installed. I have RTFM, but being non-awesome, I might have missed something. I seriously doubt if the fault is in the hacks, per se--those modders are all the best.

Do you see a conflict that could be causing the problem?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 26, 12:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see that you have three conflicts up there above. The visitor controller one is probably safe, but the other two are definitely dodgy. Given that this is just the list of CONFLICTING ones, and two of them I don't even recognize, it stands to reason you have all kinds of dodgy crap in your game. All I know is that this doesn't happen in MY game, which has ALL awesomeware, and it doesn't happen in a stock game, so I BLAME THE NON-AWESOME.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 26, 18:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see that you have three conflicts up there above. The visitor controller one is probably safe, but the other two are definitely dodgy. Given that this is just the list of CONFLICTING ones, and two of them I don't even recognize, it stands to reason you have all kinds of dodgy crap in your game. All I know is that this doesn't happen in MY game, which has ALL awesomeware, and it doesn't happen in a stock game, so I BLAME THE NON-AWESOME.

One of the "definitely dodgy" came from this site...

His version works much better than no shock for outgoing. "No shock for the nekkid sim you have just woohooed no matter how shy you are" is more reasonable to my taste. I have corrected that--and both other--conflicts. Visitor Controller went away without a pang--I can deal with random--and I'd rather have sims that love to read and keep them from harassing the spawn on a case-by-case basis--it's not really a problem for me. Monique's reading enhancement has made my game better since you were a creator on MTS2. I can't believe she broke it in her most recent update.

I pulled the larger family size hack until I hear from someone here who is using it successfully with Bon Voyage--I know it pushes hard limits. Beyond that, the only mods I use are from this site or are TJ's, Inge's or JFades. They are all awesome, if not Awesome.

What I am getting are error logs like this one.

Build: 1.10.0.111
at Aug  4 2007,06:28:14

Object id: 226
name: N001_User00271 - Sarah
Stack size: 7
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 275
  Frame 6:
    Stack Object id: 226
    Stack Object name: N001_User00271 - Sarah
    Node: 22
    Tree: id 1384 name 'Exit Object - Pet( Sim X )?' version -32753
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 30 226 6 1    Locals: 0
  Frame 5:
    Stack Object id: 707
    Stack Object name: Destination - For Go Here & Shoo
    Node: 6
    Tree: id 4103 name 'G - Pet - Interaction - Sit' version -32729
    from ScriptHolder_PetShared
    Params: 0    Locals: 0 0 0 0
  Frame 4:
    Node: 2
    Tree: id 1390 name 'Pet - Interaction - Sit' version -32757
    from global
    Prim state: 1
    Params: 0    Locals:
  Frame 3:
    Node: 12
    Tree: id 8213 name 'Function - Main - Process Autonomy' version -32753
    from PetGlobals
    Params:    Locals: 226 0
  Frame 2:
    Node: 8
    Tree: id 8221 name 'Function - Main - Loop' version -32755
    from PetGlobals
    Params: 1 120    Locals:
  Frame 1:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 8266 name 'Function - Main' version -32753
    from PetGlobals
    Params:    Locals:
  Frame 0:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 0
    Tree: id 4111 name 'Function - Main' version -32758
    from TemplateDog
    Params:    Locals:

Edited to close my tag. Sigh.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 26, 19:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pulled the larger family size hack until I hear from someone here who is using it successfully with Bon Voyage--I know it pushes hard limits. Beyond that, the only mods I use are from this site or are TJ's, Inge's or JFades. They are all awesome, if not Awesome.

The DocDoofus version stopped working a couple of EPs back. I'm using a version of Jordi's that seems to be ok with BV - I've had upto 12 in a household with births.

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but did you patch Pets? I seem to remember there were some nasty looping/interaction type bugs at the beginning.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 26, 23:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I'm asking the obvious but did you patch Pets? I seem to remember there were some nasty looping/interaction type bugs at the beginning.

Not so obvious...I arrred everything from OfB on in one massive chunk. The description said it was properly patched, but where would I look to confirm that?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 26, 23:42:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so obvious...I arrred everything from OfB on in one massive chunk. The description said it was properly patched, but where would I look to confirm that?

Why not just try to patch it and find out if it lets you? Was pets one of those that they released two patches for? I can't remember.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 26, 23:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just try to patch it and find out if it lets you? Was pets one of those that they released two patches for? I can't remember.

OK, when I try, the auto-install says the game is already up to date.

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 26, 23:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two pets patches, one from Jan 07 and the second from Mar 07. I assume that the first is rolled into the second and that's what is available now.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 27, 03:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no way Pets patch is integrated into the ARRR version, when the retail version of Pets is still sold unpatched.
Unless it's All-EPs-in-One type of homemade crap, which I avoid like the plague.

Edited for clarification.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 27, 04:58:09 by Lord Darcy » Logged

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 27, 03:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks can cause problems with unexpected things.  When Pets came out, Jfade's sleep on community lots hack caused pets to sink into the floor.

Your best bet is to remove all custom content and play a neighborhood you don't care about.  See if you still have problems.  Then add hacks and custom content back in, trying to isolate the problem.  I can understand that you don't want to do this.  I had problems with custom instruments, and just stopped using musical instruments rather than spend time hunting down the problem.  Sadly, your problem sounds like it's too annoying to just ignore.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 27, 07:17:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, I've gone through my hacks againyetstill. No help. The error generates on every relax/get comfortable interaction.
I ran across this thread. That sinking is exactly what's happening. However, since the fix is in the scrapyard, I must assume there's a new and shiny one somewhere. If not, would it hurt to try that?
Conversely, could this be an object issue, and not a hack bug/conflict at all?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 27, 07:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are sinking into the floor without an error log, something is simply borked in your game. No error log, no diagnosis. Simple as that. Scrapyard hacks should be unnecessary if you are current on all patches.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 27, 12:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Simply borked" is not a differential diagnosis either. Might as well say, "Forsooth, 'tis bewitched!" Since I'm already fairly sure my computer weighs more than a duck and that pond water won't solve anything, I find both less than contributory. 

I have eighteen 0 KB entries in my log for everything from missing animations to texture errors. I also have pictures of the submergence. Does that help?

Is there a test I can run to generate meaningful information?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 27, 12:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. I need an ObjectError to get anything. Missing animations and textures are meaningless and normal. Pictures are useless, I already know what it looks like.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 27, 12:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is from the Pet Debug menu. Is this helpful?
« Last Edit: 2008 January 27, 12:53:00 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 27, 12:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something seems to have damaged BCON 0x17E. There is no hack I know of which alters this, nor can I think of any conceivable reason why someone would WANT to.

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants. Recommended course of action is to delete all downloads and reinstall only the Director's Cut.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 27, 14:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would prefer knowing which of my favorite toys is broken, however, instead of discarding the whole toy-box...
I have found one problem child, apparently just where you said (I say apparently because I am not so confident I'm reading the display correctly). I pulled the hack and when I tested, my pet did NOT sink on the same command that caused her to sink previously.

However, it's not completely fixed. I now have two new error logs (only one attached--both together exceed the upload limit).

This is a slow and laborious process, and makes me very fearful of even the simple follow-the-tutorial hacking that I managed successfully before I added the latest expansions.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 29, 00:55:01 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 28, 17:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about the double post, but I need to attach more error reports

I started a clean neighborhood, with three brand new sims. My testing hack folder contains most of the BV version of FFS, ACR plus Age Transition Fixes - Teens Keep Loves and Teen - Adult & Skunk Attraction Fixes, Risky WooHoo and Quiet Pregnancy, Crammyboy's Cock (the three necessary package packages), and TJ's No Welcome Wagons, Toddler Play with Toilets Fix and Toddler Potty Fixes. That it--nothing else. I generated these errors.

Edit: Omitted one hack--now included.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 29, 00:54:45 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: