More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:07:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seating Hack?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seating Hack?  (Read 4246 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Seating Hack?
« on: 2008 January 23, 08:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there a hack that requires the restaurant host/ess to seat the patron in the f'ing restaurant (i.e. in pragmatic game terms, within say, x squares of the restaurant stove or podium) instead of by choice/default as far away from the kitchen as simishly possible? This bug/annoyance has been driving me crazy ever since there have been restaurants. I want a playable lot that includes a bar and a restaurant. Separate. Distinct. Is that so much to ask?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
Re: Seating Hack?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 23, 08:40:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's a hack for it, but have you tried putting [decorative crap] on the bar counters? Afaik, the restaurant host/ess won't consider them as a valid dining space if there's something on them.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 23, 09:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of waitresses, I want a hack that stops them making beds and cleaning toilets between customers.  I have a cleaner for that!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 23, 09:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's a hack for it, but have you tried putting [decorative crap] on the bar counters? Afaik, the restaurant host/ess won't consider them as a valid dining space if there's something on them.

But that means the bartender can't put a drink on them either, does it not?  Angry

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 23, 14:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But that means the bartender can't put a drink on them either, does it not?  Angry

Maybe - I don't pay much attention to my bars, so I can't say for sure; the barkeepers can still put the drinks on the bar itself. That was just a suggestion to keep the host/ess from seating guests at the bar counter, which would at least be a start if you can't find a hack that does exactly what you want Wink.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 23, 14:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of waitresses, I want a hack that stops them making beds and cleaning toilets between customers.  I have a cleaner for that!

I have hack that stops maids from making beds. Maybe you could adapt it for that purpose, as well.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 23, 14:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where do you put your stuff these days, Dizzy?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 24, 16:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything goes into the dump with BV (which will probably be named something different for the next EP).

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9535.0.html

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 24, 17:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm maybe not all that simple as I don't know how to test what job a sim has.  At least maids are always a particular NPC type.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: