More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:02:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Wordless Crashes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wordless Crashes  (Read 3468 times)
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Wordless Crashes
« on: 2008 January 21, 18:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right, so my game and Bodyshop are both crashing without a word. They'll load almost all the way and then just exit. I tried removing hacks; no progress. I tried removing all downloads; no progress. I tried reinstalling; same deal. I just tried deleting groups.cache and accessories.cache. Still nothing.

In the game, it will load to the neighbourhood screen. Then, if I choose a neighbourhood, it will load through the first part (for example, loading through the "Strangetown" screen) and then when it gets to loading the Pets or Weather part, it will crash. No error messages, no popup windows, just a simple exit to the desktop. I don't even get a blue screen of death. I'm at a loss here.

I don't remember the last time I got the game to work. The last time Bodyshop worked was January 14th.  Angry

Hell yeah.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Wordless Crashes
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 21, 18:24:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the game ever work?  How much free space is available on your HD?  How much RAM do you have installed?
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 21, 18:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it's worked for a long time. I've never had it do this before. I have about 91 gigs left on my HD and 958 MB RAM.
I thought maybe it was caused by a hack conflict but removing hacks and even a clean install didn't help, as I said. Maybe something was corrupted? I really have no idea.

Hell yeah.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 21, 19:10:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most 'Crash to Desktop' issues are the result of inadequate hardware that does not meet minimum system requirements to run the game.  Sometimes operating system conditions can mimic inadequate hardware issues, like with background tasks consuming a lot of memory and leaving not enough left to run the game, for instance.  Faulty or defective hardware would do the same thing, like if you had a bad RAM stick that should have enough memory but can not perform to the rated capacity anymore.  Overheating and viruses might also be issues.  Scan for viruses and clean the cobwebs out of your computer case, especially the fans and heat sinks.  If your CPU overheats it may slow down and not be capable of running the programs. 

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
RaeKira
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 22, 02:51:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, tomorrow I'll take off the case and vacuum it out. I'm sure it's pretty dirty under there.

Hell yeah.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: