More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:14:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.  (Read 31005 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.
« Reply #25 on: 2008 January 25, 02:12:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims have been to nearly every lot Downtown and there's been no sign of her yet. I thought it was odd because I used to see her all the time. I've seen the Charlatan a bunch of times but no Crumplebottom.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2008 January 25, 07:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I think so ElBarto.

I went to the asian resort and he was there complete in a kimono and freshly shaved. I didn't think to take any pictures and I was being kicked off the pc, but he seems to be everywhere now! I think once he shows, that's it. He's in the game, so to speak. I still haven't seen him downtown though.

Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2008 January 29, 18:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Bigfoots have first names.

Do you have Two Jeffs Visitor Controller? Annoyying NPC's are banned by default. If you want to see Crumplebutt you need to uncheck her from the plant/books.
Hmmm, first names you say....

I don't have the VC, though. I've no proof, but I think she dissappeared around the same time I installed a new game using the empty templates SaraMK provided. As soon as I replaced those with the game originals, even though it took a while and spwaned some fugly downtownies, she did eventually show up. But it's still only been a couple of times in the last three months (granted I haven't played much in that time) I'm probly just complaining for nothing because I like attention. >_>

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2008 February 06, 19:34:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I got the Charloton fix, I saw him on every vacation lot.  Since the fix, I haven't seen him a all.  Sad, cause I really liked him, all my sims are pretty much perma-plat and they need a little excitment in their lives.  I do have the visitor controller but I unchecked him.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2008 February 06, 19:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason why he is in my game now is because I got the business perk that makes you have every sim in your phone book. Mind you, my sims went on honeymoon in the 3 Lakes Vac Des and he wasn't there at all. However, they only stayed 2 days Cheesy

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2008 February 06, 19:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm just going to have to replace the appearance/genetics for the Charlatan.  I hate the clean shaven one, and I'm sure my game has the original hiding in there somewhere.

Charlatans should have facial hair and monocles.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2008 February 06, 19:44:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I'm just going to have to replace the appearance/genetics for the Charlatan.  I hate the clean shaven one, and I'm sure my game has the original hiding in there somewhere.

How can you do that?

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2008 February 06, 21:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can you do that?

Not at my home compy right now.  I'll send you a link to a tutorial.  However, it won't work unless you actually HAVE a bearded charlatan.  I'll send you a clone of that as well, if I can find the one in my game.  It's a matter of changing a the genetics and then the appearance in simsurgery.

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2008 February 06, 21:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can you do that?

Not at my home compy right now.  I'll send you a link to a tutorial.  However, it won't work unless you actually HAVE a bearded charlatan.  I'll send you a clone of that as well, if I can find the one in my game.  It's a matter of changing a the genetics and then the appearance in simsurgery.
[/quote]

Thanks Grin I don't think I have a bearded UC, I haven't seen him downtown yet.  Undecided

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2008 February 07, 04:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, now I'm baffled.  I get NPC characters of Crumplebottom, Grim, the Psychologist, etc., but the Unsavoury Charlatan shows up only as a potatohead and does not show up in the regular character lists on SimPE.  Consequently, I am currently at a loss as to how to simsurgery him.  Anybody got any ideas?

Tribulatio proxima est
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 February 07, 20:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The potato head means that he doesn't have a picture and he hasn't shown up in your game to regenerate one.  If you have the InSIMinator or some kind of teleport hack you can teleport him to a lot and the game will regenerate a portrait.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 February 07, 21:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit (Feb 10, 2008) - Removed to avoid anyone potentially borking their game using the method I used.

I made a charlatan template sim in CAS and used him to change the appearance of the Unsavoury Charlatan using SimPE simsurgery.  Having done this, it has now been considered a bit roundabout.  It also created an extra character file.  Meh, not ideal I guess.

« Last Edit: 2008 February 10, 18:51:17 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2008 February 10, 08:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I will try this tomorrow Cheesy

Thanks Jolrei! You've made it sound easy, I bet it isn't though...

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 February 10, 12:01:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone has a way of doing this that does not require creating a useless character file, that would be grand.

Use Theo's Alternate Sim Surgery.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 February 10, 13:20:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing Monocle and 'stache can be reapplied using Fix Flashing Blue and this unhider to make the monocle visible in the Change Appearance menu.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2008 February 10, 13:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have yet to see him in my game, either.  Damn, I'm dissapointed that he is unplayable. . . I think in my game, I'd let Stella get her groove back with him!  Smiley
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2008 February 10, 14:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing Monocle and 'stache can be reapplied using Fix Flashing Blue and this unhider to make the monocle visible in the Change Appearance menu.

Excellent - so I've come up with a more difficult way of doing something that was really very simple then?  Tongue

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2008 February 10, 15:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A really difficult, roundabout, and potentially game-damaging if botched way to reapply FACIAL HAIR and GLASSES, yes. I'm not even sure doing that your way would WORK!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2008 February 10, 17:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad I didn't try that way just yet then Cheesy Thanks for trying to fix though Jolrei Kiss

All Pescados Suck.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2008 February 10, 18:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A really difficult, roundabout, and potentially game-damaging if botched way to reapply FACIAL HAIR and GLASSES, yes. I'm not even sure doing that your way would WORK!

Well, fair enough then.  As far as I can tell, it works for the one charlatan, and it only changes his appearance anyway.  But, in light of this, I'll remove the post.  Don't want anyone to potentially wreck anything.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2008 February 10, 19:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The facial hair and glasses are the only thing he really needs added. Far as I can tell, that's the only thing not being properly copied when he's created, probably because normal Maxis sims are not generated with beards or accessories.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2008 February 10, 21:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The facial hair and glasses are the only thing he really needs added. Far as I can tell, that's the only thing not being properly copied when he's created, probably because normal Maxis sims are not generated with beards or accessories.

Having "summoned" all three Charlatans in my 'hood now, it also seems that they are not all identical - perhaps that is only to be expected.  I'll try the "fix flashing blue" method next time I get one.

Tribulatio proxima est
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2008 February 11, 05:27:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took a look in my hood, when I went in to extract some sims, and saw that my charlatan does have his monocle and mustache. I wonder what makes this so and not so for others.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 11, 07:09:15 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2008 February 11, 07:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game keeps throwing errors when I go to community lots, one of them mentioned trying to spawn the unsavoury charlatan, but I have no townie regen and anti redunacy, so shouldn't not even bother?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2008 February 11, 14:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game keeps throwing errors when I go to community lots, one of them mentioned trying to spawn the unsavoury charlatan, but I have no townie regen and anti redunacy, so shouldn't not even bother?

As I understand it, antiredundancy is only supposed to stop the charlatan spawning too many times (the endless respawns of charlatans and tourguides that came with BV).  It is not supposed to stop him spawning altogether.  With antiredundancy loaded, I seem to have 1 per holiday location (he shows up in my main hood comm lots as well sometimes).

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: