More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:43:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.  (Read 31001 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.
« on: 2008 January 19, 15:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I dunno if something is borked. My sims were on Twikkii Island when I spotted this character. This is the first time I saw him in-game.

Isn't he supposed to be wearing a suit and have a 'tash? Undecided

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Well-the Unsavoury Charlatan finally showed up.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 19, 15:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I dunno if something is borked. My sims were on Twikkii Island when I spotted this character. This is the first time I saw him in-game.

Isn't he supposed to be wearing a suit and have a 'tash? Undecided

No he only wears the Suit when he shows up Downtown. In Vacation Hoods he wears the locale Clothing (in Asia Kimono, in Twiki Grass Skirt .....) but he misses the Beard and his Monocle since the Patch. Many  Sheeple are complaining obout this issue at the BBS.
Emily-Grace
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 19, 16:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip> Vacation Hoods he wears the locale Clothing (in Asia Kimono, in Twiki Grass Skirt .....) but he misses the Beard and his Monocle since the Patch. Many  Sheeple are complaining obout this issue at the BBS.

Ohh, I thought my game was borked too. Thanks for clarifying Cheesy
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 19, 16:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

His default look pre Patch.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 19, 17:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Havelock Smiley

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 19, 18:26:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your Unsavory Charlatan is hot. Him I could see getting taken by...the original, not so much.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 19, 19:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeow, i was salivating there.  Good thing i don't have BV, or i'd be spending all of my time on vacation.  Smiley

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 19, 20:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know-his bod is quite nice really. I was pleasantly surprised! Cheesy

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 19, 20:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do miss the originals look, it was amusing and I kept thinking of Snidely Whiplash, but the patched Charlatan needs to run around and have babies.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 20, 05:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have the Charlatan minus the monocle and tache.  He still slinks around trying feebly to twirl the tache, which is not there.  I do not have the patch installed, so I suspect something else has contributed to disappearing it.  It may simply be that random faces show up to make charlatans.

I have seen the charlatan with tache and monocle on holiday on Twikkii, but this was before I loaded replacement faces (not sure that makes any difference, but it is coincidental).

Tribulatio proxima est
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 20, 07:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He still slinks around trying feebly to twirl the tache, which is not there.

Cheesy what a weirdo.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 20, 08:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have the Charlatan minus the monocle and tache.  He still slinks around trying feebly to twirl the tache, which is not there.  I do not have the patch installed, so I suspect something else has contributed to disappearing it.  It may simply be that random faces show up to make charlatans.

I have seen the charlatan with tache and monocle on holiday on Twikkii, but this was before I loaded replacement faces (not sure that makes any difference, but it is coincidental).

I haven't patched, maybe I should send someone on vacation.  Actually I just sent Pes on vacation and no charlatan showed up.  I did have more locals than the last time a went.

ISFJ
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 20, 08:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a pic of him doing the twirly with a non-existent 'tash.

(click on pic for larger version)

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 20, 09:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the pictures, I think I'll allow the Unsavoury Charlatan on my community lots and ban playables instead Cheesy.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 21, 16:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is a pic of him doing the twirly with a non-existent 'tash.

He did the exact same thing in my hood.  I'm not sure where the no-tache charlatan came from since I have seen the original one in a holiday hood, and have antiredundancy loaded.
* jolrei mutters to himself and goes to check SimPE

Tribulatio proxima est
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 21, 17:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Saw my Charlatan hanging around a graveyard today. He had a perfectly clean and bare babyface too... without the patch installed.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 21, 19:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't seen one.

Can he be married? Or woohoo'd, at least?

Fail.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 21, 19:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What, exactly, is the unsavory Charlatan supposed to do? I tried to get my sims to talk to him in the test hood, but it just kept dropping out of the queue.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 21, 19:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unsavoury Charlatan shows up at random - in EAxis terms, this likely means seldom to never.  He can be summoned to community lots if you really want to see him.  I have had no success initiating interactions with him.  However, on at least one occasion he has initiated interaction with one of my sims.  If his greeting interaction is successful, he will swindle the sim out of some money.  Apparently, your sim can then call the police and the charlatan will be prevented from appearing on your comm lot for several sim days.  Considering his erratic appearance rates, this usually means nothing.  I am told (but have never managed to do it) that your sim can also fight the charlatan and beat the money he swindled out of him again.

He is a special NPC (like busdrivers, foodstand chefs, tourguides, etc.) and is not normally interactable.  Therefore, it is likely unadvisable to move him in, marry, etc. without risking a VBT (like you'd want some dork twirling a fake moustache in your game for the rest of your life).  Not sure about woohooable, but if you can't initiate interaction normally, probably not.  General rule of thumb is if the game does not normally allow interaction, forcing or cheating it would likely be bad.

Tribulatio proxima est
kacoshiajewl
Asinine Airhead

Excuses my punctuation and spelling gods of MATY

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 22, 01:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

weeeell I never patch my game becuse most of the hacks i use fix my problems lol but anyways before i put all my updated hacks in he had the facial hair now with all the hacks in (directors cut from here, inteen flavorpack samesex preg and inteen) he no longer has it LOL ahh well

Please be forwarned Grammer police!<br />I have a learning disabillity that effects my abblitie to puntuate and spell properly. However this does not effect my intelligance so feel free to point and laugh at any stupidity I show. oh and...42!
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 24, 06:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

day-um, he is hawt.

I have yet to see him anywhere in my game. I know I have him, cause I checked the character files in SimPE, but he has yet to show his pretty little sneaky face.

Actually, Crumpy hasn't really been around much in my game, either. She did show up a couple days ago to beat on an unsuspecting downtownie for playing on the swings, but that was the last I've seen of her in a while.

Also, is Bigfoot supposed to have a random first name? Somehow a big hairy sasquatch named "Richard Bigfoot" just doesn't seem right to me.... and my sim never got the memory of "met bigfoot" even though he got to be practically best friends with the thing. Undecided

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 24, 07:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, Bigfoots have first names.

Do you have Two Jeffs Visitor Controller? Annoyying NPC's are banned by default. If you want to see Crumplebutt you need to uncheck her from the plant/books.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 25, 00:43:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sim can keep from being swindled out of their money if they have high logic.

Apparently, according to prima at any rate, the Charlatan is supposed to be in love with Crumplebottom, he is supposed to croon to her and such when they happen to show up on the same lot.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 25, 01:56:33 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 25, 01:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen Crumplebottom in my neighborhood yet. Every time my Sim visits a new community lot, I spawn the adjuster and set it to only ban professors (oh how I loathe them!!!!) but the old bat still hasn't shown up anywhere.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Simergy
Asinine Airhead

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 25, 02:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to see Crumplebottom, go Downtown.  She's always around when I'm there.

Better safe than sorry
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: