More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:57:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Database IS ready
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Database IS ready  (Read 49042 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Database IS ready
« on: 2005 October 23, 00:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew, the initial test (alpha/beta/gamma?) version of the Sims2DB database is ready!   Smiley

Please go to http://www.sims2db.com/sims2dbv05.zip to download.

Unzip the files into a folder, and then click on the Sims2DB.EXE file to start the database.

I'm not limiting testers but haven't publicized it anywhere else than here...

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look down a few postings to the one entitled "Database is almost ready..."

Cheers!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Database IS ready
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 23, 01:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All righty then! So exciting! Thanks for this. Smiley
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 23, 01:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Phew, the initial test (alpha/beta/gamma?) version of the Sims2DB database is ready!   Smiley

Please go to http://www.sims2db.com/sims2dbv05.zip to download.

Unzip the files into a folder, and then click on the Sims2DB.EXE file to start the database.

I'm not limiting testers but haven't publicized it anywhere else than here...

If you're not sure what I'm talking about, look down a few postings to the one entitled "Database is almost ready..."

Cheers!

downloading now

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 23, 01:09:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow! This looks great! My Saturday night is planned out, now. Cheesy
smcnic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 23, 01:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes!  My free evening will not go to waste!  Thank you. Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 23, 01:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woo Hoo!!!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 23, 01:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoo! I'm so excited! I'm glad it's finally here.

What is it? Edit: Nevermind. Wow, read the site, it sounds awesome. Using now.!

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 23, 01:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fantastic job, Pegasys! This is exactly what my Sims needed me to have.  Cheesy

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 23, 01:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so it's a great program and pretty straight forward, but am I supposed to enter all my families and information in there, or shouldn't it do it for me?

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 23, 01:43:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so it's a great program and pretty straight forward, but am I supposed to enter all my families and information in there, or shouldn't it do it for me?

Read here.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 23, 02:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run across a problem. I clicked on the reports button and now I can't figure out how to get back to the data entries. Undecided I closed out the program and restarted it, but the only two windows that show now are the generated report and Sims2Partners. I've done something dumb, haven't I?

Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 23, 02:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've run across a problem. I clicked on the reports button and now I can't figure out how to get back to the data entries. Undecided I closed out the program and restarted it, but the only two windows that show now are the generated report and Sims2Partners. I've done something dumb, haven't I?

i did that too and it's quite a hassle.

Read here.

Well then. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry but when it says "Are you getting overwhelmed with all the Sims in your neighborhood? Have you lost count?" it makes it sound like it will pull all the data for you, and allow you to simply alter or take notes of things, much like a notepad for each sim. While it is a nice program, it's completely useless if you have a ton of Sims. Not only will you be overwhelmed by all your Sims in the game, can you imagine how long it would take to enter some 80odd or even more Sims in there, what with looking up each of their personality points and interests. Sorry if it seems rude for me to be saying this, but hopefully in the future you'll have it pull data much like SimPE does. I hate SimPE solely because it's just mind boggling, and I was kinda hoping this would be a "toned down" version of the Sim editor included in SimPE.

So, don't get me wrong. This program isn't 100% crap or anything. It will be very useful to those who have the time to enter data for all pre-existing sims, and then update the data each time a new Sim is born or a sim ages. Wink

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 23, 02:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloading. 

Good job, Pegasys!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 23, 02:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read here.

Well then. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I'm sorry but when it says "Are you getting overwhelmed with all the Sims in your neighborhood? Have you lost count?" it makes it sound like it will pull all the data for you, and allow you to simply alter or take notes of things, much like a notepad for each sim. While it is a nice program, it's completely useless if you have a ton of Sims. Not only will you be overwhelmed by all your Sims in the game, can you imagine how long it would take to enter some 80odd or even more Sims in there, what with looking up each of their personality points and interests. Sorry if it seems rude for me to be saying this, but hopefully in the future you'll have it pull data much like SimPE does. I hate SimPE solely because it's just mind boggling, and I was kinda hoping this would be a "toned down" version of the Sim editor included in SimPE.

So, don't get me wrong. This program isn't 100% crap or anything. It will be very useful to those who have the time to enter data for all pre-existing sims, and then update the data each time a new Sim is born or a sim ages. Wink

Well the way I see it, you weren't paying attention to the previous posts on this subject.  Which gives you even less cause for being insulting.  If you have a complaint, why not try constructive criticism instead?
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 23, 02:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pegasys,

I'm a little confused about how to enter a historical (re: maiden, etc.) last name for a sim.  Can you help?

Allen
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 23, 02:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You click the Continue button (on the left side) and it asks you if you want to print the report. Say no and the window closes. The other (small) window where you select which type of report you want, has a small "close window" text link in the top=right corner.

You can always select the window you want from the toolbar Window menu. It will list all the windows currently open.

Now for my experience...

EXCELLENT! I entered all the info for my Legacy family (it's on 2nd gen, so it was easy), and everything looks perfect. I haven't run into any actual glitches yet. You've done a super job. Cheesy

Fail.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 23, 02:54:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pegasys,

I'm a little confused about how to enter a historical (re: maiden, etc.) last name for a sim.  Can you help?

Allen

It's under the Life Transitions tab, isn't it? Then when you use the List feature the Maiden Name is a field there. You can edit it right from there as well.

Fail.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 23, 03:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read here.

Well the way I see it, you weren't paying attention to the previous posts on this subject.  Which gives you even less cause for being insulting.  If you have a complaint, why not try constructive criticism instead?

Not having been here very long, and not really using this categoy, I haven't seen previous posts on this subject. When I first read the post, I replied and asked what it was. I did the smart thing and checked out the website, and I didn't see that it said (I don't think it even does) you had to enter the data yourself. What I said could be taken constructively, if you choose to do so. My post's tone might seem negative, but it's not. I was just upset with the fact that the way it is put out, it seems like it will be a tool that will manage your Sims information for you. When it says "Are you overwhelmed by all your Sims?" the first thing that came to MY mind was a tool that would fetch the information for you and store it into a database. I dunno, I'm not saying it's completely stupid, as you can see by the positive feedback by those who have started using it, it's not. It's just not what I thought it would be.

To the original poster, Pegasys, I appologize if you took my post negatively and were hurt in any way. I think I was just caught up in the moment, and my feelings about it. As I said, I hope you could have it pull data in the near future for us lazy folk. Wink

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 23, 03:18:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I realize that entering all the data of preexisting Sims is a bit laborious. However, it is impossible for me and the database to pull data out of the Sims 2 program. I am not a programmer persay but a former database programmer (most notably FileMaker). On the other hand, if there is any way to export several of the fields using something like SimPE into a tab-delimited or comma delimited text file, then I could incorporate a script to import that data in.

I think the best way for someone who already has tons of Sims is to simply start entering data with the Sims you're playing now and slowly add in each household as you play them. I would not recommend anyone who has a hundred Sims or more to try and enter it all in at one sitting ! Well, you could try, but...

Thanks everyone for your comments so far and I will look into the problem with the reports button/returning to the data entry.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 23, 03:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded..thank you for this.  I personally don't mind at all entering in all my information...cuz maybe I'm strange like that but whatever.  I think it's a might fine program! Smiley
Twibil
Blathering Buffoon

I open at the close.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 23, 04:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have really only played with it for a short while, but I think it is brilliant.  You have obviously put a lot of work into this.  I wil be able to do some data entry in ernest on Monday, I will tell you if I have any issues.  Thanks so much for creating this.

"The rumors that Peter Pan was a fairy are completely unsubstantiated; Not that there's anything wrong with that." - Pascal Curious

www.curiousstate.com
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 23, 04:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  I just downloaded the database.  I see my Sunday morning is set.  I'll be entering all the information from my notebook and checking the game for my latest additions.  Thanks for the directions on getting out of reports mode, SaraMK.  And thanks for sharing this with the MATY community, Pegasys!
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 23, 05:08:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded it am busily doing some transfer of a few of my sims. Have SimPE running copying stuff from there cause I don't remember everything.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 23, 05:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way to retrieve a Sim's maiden/pre-married last name in SimPE? I reinstalled the DB and tracked down just about everything except that little detail. I'm lovin' this program!  Grin

smcnic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 23, 05:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put in three full families so far, everything works great.  I particularly like the reports...should make it nice and easy to print the info for use during the game, and it's a lot more legible than my own handwriting. Wink

One minor suggestion/request for future versions...would it be possible to add something to keep track of loves/crushes?  Something along the lines of the marriage/partner input would be great, since then entering it once would make it viewable for both Sims.  Right now I'm just keeping track of loves in the notes area, but something a little more structured would be nice. Smiley

Thanks again for the program, it's a definite paper saver.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: