More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:01:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Love Shack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Love Shack  (Read 51642 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Love Shack
« on: 2008 January 14, 04:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a lot I built before BV came out. It is built on a completely flat section - before JM has a spack at me for non-level edges! Tongue All the contouring was done manually. It's the 'house on the hill'.

I built this for a _beach_love_shack_ type of theme. I've never uploaded it to Laverwinkle because it contains custom content and I'm too lazy to strip it out and find Maxis substitutes. You will see from the pictures that some of the recolours did not get packaged. The fences round the verandahs are missing and the doors have lost their beige colour. The dining suite has also reverted to wood colours. The driveway was invisible and had a shell-like groundcover, from memory. These things are easily fixed if you like the theme colours though.

I've put it here because Zazazu had a similar looking house in a pic and I thought she might like to look at this one.

There are five bedrooms and five bathrooms. It was intended for a large family because those are the sort I like playing. I intended it to have a commune sort of feel which is why some of the bathrooms are a bit mouldy and so on. I played this house extensively and had no problems with it. The pool in the garden is swimmable. There's also an empty room at the back left of the ground floor that I used for my vampire.

Update 17/1/08
Thanks to Havelock for a new fence and a recoloured door, I have modified the lot and re-uploaded.

Front right - showing off the newly white fences and doors.  Smiley

Front left - you can see the original driveway. It needs the invisible one over the top to work.

Ground floor

There are two views of the middle floor now.
Middle floor 1 shows the lockable kitchen and stairs. Confines visitors to the middle floor if required. Chess moved to verandah on this floor.

Other side of the floor showing bedroom converted to lounge. Also the bathroom is no longer a walkthrough.

Top floor

Garden pool

Download here
« Last Edit: 2008 April 12, 23:42:34 by witch » Logged

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Love Shack
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 14, 04:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks pretty sweet, but man I wouldn't actually put sims in there.  Tongue

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 14, 04:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 14, 04:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why Dizzy?

Thanks LB.

ETA: Oh and the roof is supposed to be dark blue.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 14, 04:41:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way too many flow issues. I like having as few traffic jams as possible. A good example are those walkthrough bathrooms. Another example is the TV (where you have the radio and the bookcase) and a one-tile space for anyone traversing from the upper floor to the kitchen. Things like that become a problem with lots of sims.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 14, 04:46:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't have as many flow issues as you might think. There are three four separate pathways to the middle floor, for a start. I agree about the TV setup, but there's a bedroom on that floor that would easily convert to a lounge, freeing up the walkway. That would also solve the walkthrough bathroom, just remove the door to the kitchen and have it open off the lounge. The top floor is the only floor with only one access, but it's mainly bedrooms so it's not too much of a problem.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 14, 04:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why Dizzy?
The One Desk is way too far from anyplace reasonable, the kitchen area needs at least a fence gate added to ward the fridge, the grill, although not a required feature, is on an entirely different floor nowhere near a fridge, and therefore unusuable, the house lacks a singular viewing deck, making it impossible to track everyone at once, although at least it LOOKS like the staircase is defendable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 14, 04:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one desk is in the first lobby of the first floor of the house. Tongue Short of putting it on the footpath, I don't know how I could get it any closer. The kitchen could be walled off easily enough. As for the barbeque, I really wanted a mini fridge on the top floor when I built the house and didn't know it wouldn't work for grills. Or that sims would be back and forth from one place to another for cooking. Stupid sims.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 14, 05:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feh. One Desk, whatever. It actually looks like a perfect retirement home for Prospect Beach, once I get more than one elder. Plus, I spy some yummy cc.

The house on the edge of the pic I'd posted actually has a true first floor with the main entrance on the second floor. The first floor only has an entrance in the back, which somehow my sims have realized isn't the main entrance. The psuedo-decking are these windows. Not really zoomed (and this is before I added the driveway and a few palms), but it's like this:

The windows give great beach views:
« Last Edit: 2008 January 14, 05:23:50 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 14, 06:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That lattice in a fence would be nice.

The original fences around my verandahs were too heavy, a lighter one would be nice. Yes, the cc  blinds/open windows are cool. I don't even remember where I got them but they give such a Mediterranean feel.

Don't those beach views make such a difference to the sim world?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 14, 06:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one desk is in the first lobby of the first floor of the house.
I thought that was the basement, given that it contained nothing of interest other than bedrooms. What you should DO is decide which level you want as a viewing deck, and then push all the bedrooms OFF the viewing deck and place everything ELSE on the viewing deck. As it stands, you have no clearly designated viewing deck, so sims are gonna traipse all over the place and out of your camera view.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 14, 06:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The middle floor would work as 'the' viewing deck, if anyone wanted. Though I don't mind sims wandering off out of sight. I leave free will on too. Tongue Combine that with ACR and I never know where the little buggers are.  Cheesy

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 14, 10:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It looks really prettyful!

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 14, 11:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's gorgeous. Smiley

I really love the lattice. It pulls the house together.

Fail.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 14, 16:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't those beach views make such a difference to the sim world?
Yep. I struggle with wanting to keep myself viewing from the rear to the street so that I can see walk-bys (still need to give the alien twins the chance to pair off, though Bastion's now expecting a little green bundle of his own*) and missing walk-bys to see the pretty waves. That's part of what I was going for in Prospect Beach...it has a couple of raised levels, but you can still see the water even from the farthest back/highest point because the 'hood is so small, plus the beach lots are a lot flatter than Queen's Cove. It's a little odd having a winter, though. Dumb sims keep trying to sunbathe in freezing weather and turning into popsicles.

*Please, please, please let them not get his eye shape! Brionna (the one pictured) is the one I wanted to reproduce, but the mothership chose him first/instead.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 14, 19:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we use this house/your CC in other uploads?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 14, 20:34:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell yeah. I 'stole it', don't see why you shouldn't!  Cheesy

If you change the house itself or the decoration or whatever, I'd be keen to see it though. It's always interesting to see what other people do with stuff.

@Z - where's this picture?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 14, 22:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The second one I posted earlier up in the thread. Arianna is the young-looking elder on the left, Brionna is the alien girl on the right. Bastion isn't pictured, but he kind of has the typical over-large pointy eyes, thin lips, and odd chin. How is beyond me, as you can see what his mom looks like and he is spawned from a PT replacement who has relatively similar features to his human mother. I should see his spawn tonight, but I need to get some pics of his pregnant alien self DJ'ing and smustling first.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 14, 22:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Please, please, please let them not get his eye shape! Brionna (the one pictured) is the one I wanted to reproduce, but the mothership chose him first/instead.

You know you shouldn't have said that out loud.  Lips sealed

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 14, 23:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a lot I built before BV came out. It is built on a completely flat section - before JM has a spack at me for non-level edges! Tongue All the contouring was done manually. It's the 'house on the hill'.

I'm d/ling this on sheer looks. I intend to play it, of course, but it will fit wonderfully with the ritzy beach subneighbourhood we're putting all the "unlucky" non-heirs (2nd children, of course) in.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 15, 02:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These are both teen pics (all my adult ones of Bastion have him with weird facial expressions or aren't full facials), first is a good comparative but dark:

And yes, I should know better. It'll be Colby and "please please don't let me roll Grilled Cheese!" all over again.

EDIT: Too funny. Bastion had a baby named Celina. A day later, Brionna pops out Celestina. Both have the same alien grandmother (their parents being twins) and the same alien father. They are half-sisters and cousins.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 15, 06:17:39 by Zazazu » Logged

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
antitheftmilk
Asinine Airhead

to forgive, divine, to purr, feline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 15, 19:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Possible nonawesome floor plan? Whatever, I like it. *mashes sheep button*

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 15, 19:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made a PINEGULTCHER Fence witch matches the white PINEGULTCHER Fencedoor. See attachment.

Here is a pic how it looks in Game.

* Havelock_Fencedeckagedwood_white.rar (177.42 KB - downloaded 793 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 January 15, 20:07:00 by Havelock » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 15, 23:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You li'l ripper! Cheers for that!

Don't suppose you could do that colour for the doors that reverted as well? Mate?
I think they're called Pigale or something doors.

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 16, 03:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome house witch.  It'll fit into my 'hood nicely  Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: