More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 12:13:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Make columns disappear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make columns disappear  (Read 16199 times)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Make columns disappear
« on: 2005 July 24, 02:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack that makes columns go down with walls.  There was one in TS1.  I like columns when building but not when playing, they are in the way.  Thanks
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Make columns disappear
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 24, 03:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good question, I'm qeueing myself into that line. {Note to self: run over to TJ's forum and ask there too}

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 24, 04:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I third the request.
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 24, 06:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I fourth it, please
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 24, 06:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I've requested this before, I beleive at both MTS2 and Variousimmers, I'll raise my hand up as well.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 25, 04:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please. Kiss

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 25, 04:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went over to VS and asked TJ. He checked it out and said that the columns don't have a 'semi-globa initl bhav' function, whatever that is. He also said that he would have to fix each column separately for this to work. I asked him if he could make just one of the columns go down.

Saramk suggested something in the line of Inge's tree-hider, but I haven't heard from TJ yet.

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 25, 06:41:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lack of a semiglobal BHAV means that each individual column must be edited manually, if it even works, and that it'll be a messy, bloated hack.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 25, 14:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lack of a semiglobal BHAV means that each individual column must be edited manually, if it even works, and that it'll be a messy, bloated hack.

Oh well, in that case I better just live with it then. I don't like the sound of "messy, bloated hack" at all.

G.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 25, 21:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my dear . . . they effectively rewrote/copied the code from each column? This code lacks a functionality that is trivial in Java? The ability to create objects from a template? Ye hairy flippin' gods on a pogostick. Note to self: if it was done in The Sims 2 code, never ever do it myself in the future.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 25, 22:49:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem... whatever you say Odyssey Cheesy

Actually, I asked Inge in her forum if she could look into making them disappear in the same manner as her tree-hider mod. She was kind enough to say she'd look into it. I hope it works, then I can make some of ye olde castle and roman ruins that clutter up my region (at home, not here)

G.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 25, 23:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All columns have a category 0x8 so you could just make an object that finds them all and hides them that way.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 25, 23:36:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who? Me? If I started messing around in the game-files, it would probably blow up my computer in a huge fiery ball Cheesy That's why I have to rely on modders to help me.

I have absolutely no talents whatsoever as far as computers are concerned. This would be the scenario at home whenever something goes wrong with it:

Me: "Benjamin, Pauline, help!"
Son & Daughter: come running "What's the matter Mama?"
Me: "The thingy over there is flashing and the purple whatever makes noises, and the picture is fuzzy."
Son & Daughter: look at each other
Son: Sighs
Daughter: Giggles
Son: "Okay Mama, go get some nice tea and relax, we'll take care of it"
Me: Goes to make tea

G.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 26, 05:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've encountered "the picture is fuzzy" things before when fixing a friend's computer for them. They were somewhat surprised when my "solution" was to whap the monitor repeatedly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 26, 05:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've encountered "the picture is fuzzy" things before when fixing a friend's computer for them. They were somewhat surprised when my "solution" was to whap the monitor repeatedly.

I do that sometimes too and it does work.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 26, 06:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All columns have a category 0x8 so you could just make an object that finds them all and hides them that way.

Thanks Dizzy, you've saved me some time Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 26, 09:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Multi-storey columns are type 100 tho...  I found out eventually Cheesy

This is now complete and will be on my site in a little while.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 26, 12:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Inge
Multi-storey columns are type 100 tho...  I found out eventually
This is now complete and will be on my site in a little while.

Inge, you are too good to be true. I can see it now... ancient roman ruins, and a few toga clad ghosts haunting them. That is, if I can figure out how to have pixel-people die and be toga clad ghosts.

I finally managed to attach a university to my village (my, oh my, that was an ordeal, thank goodness for ancient sim and his strong suggestion I make back-ups of the whole neighborhood folder, not just the characters-folder). However, all my custom made townie teenies are not available for selection to put into university. I have to see  what I can do about that. I need them to impersonate dead roman senators, plebeians, and patricians.

Posted by: J. M. Pescado
I've encountered "the picture is fuzzy" things before when fixing a friend's computer for them. They were somewhat surprised when my "solution" was to whap the monitor repeatedly

Posted by: Katze
I do that sometimes too and it does work

I do that to my tv, but I don't care much about it; my monitor however, needs to last a little while longer and its already getting on in monitor-years. Besides, what good are kids if you can't exasperate them every so often :D

G.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 26, 13:11:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make your sims, as long as they're YAs, die betogaed by using the Clothing Tool to snarf a Toga during a toga party, then planning it as their everyday outfit. Then kill them. They will now haunt in their everyday outfit....the toga.

JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 26, 13:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morague has also unlocked the togas, so you can just download those and have your Sims wear them. Then kill off as desired.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 26, 13:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make your sims, as long as they're YAs, die betogaed by using the Clothing Tool to snarf a Toga during a toga party, then planning it as their everyday outfit. Then kill them. They will now haunt in their everyday outfit....the toga.

Posted by: jenwarren
Morague has also unlocked the togas, so you can just download those and have your Sims wear them. Then kill off as desired.

Thanks for the tips JM and Jen, I'll try both. I have never actually 'snarfed' anything yet, time to try no? I will build a little replica of the circus maximus, the cow-plant will be my lion, and the toga-sims will be...unfortunate.

G.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 26, 14:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Unlocked" togas are mostly intended for recoloring, not for downloading and wearing on your sims, as it leaves your sims dependent on unreliable custom skins which can turn blue and flashing if you remove the file. Don't download "unlocked" skins unless your plan is to recolor them. Snarfing and wearing the in-game versions is the "safe" way to do this: Unlocked skins are meant for use in creating recolored skins based on career and special event meshes, not for use in-game.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 26, 15:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well, then snarfing it'll have to be. I don't know how to re-color, and besides that, Bodyshop and I are not on speaking terms at the moment. Thanks again.

G.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 26, 15:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, your old Veilchen avatar looked better. This one is not so good. The lighting is all weird and makes things look all ugly. Or worse, the lighting is the only thing keeping it from getting uglier. One of life's questions best left unanswered.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 26, 16:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* Don't I know it. I was installing a web-cam (a gift from a friend who bought himself a new one) and by that time I was pretty frazzled. Trying to get that darn thing working with AIM was a chore. My daughter finally had mercy and helped me out, but she dared me to leave the "frazzle" picture up for 24 hours. I accepted, who knows, it might be good for something, if only to be able to lord it over her :D

Psyche will be back by 9 o'clock tonight, I promise.

G.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: