More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:59:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Tutorial: Clean custom neighborhoods and Townie creation (Updated for BV)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Tutorial: Clean custom neighborhoods and Townie creation (Updated for BV)  (Read 149249 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Tutorial: Clean custom neighborhoods and Townie creation (Updated for BV)
« Reply #75 on: 2008 April 05, 20:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The confusion over local v. tourists should be a give away. There is no need for tourist families. All they do is get in the way of your playables trying to interact with locals. I don't have tourists in my game, so the vacation hoods are empty of everyone except for the locals, the NPCs, and the vacationing families.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2008 April 05, 20:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with you. Smiley That little tidbit should have been included in the very first post of this thread.  Because none of the other 'hoods have locals, it's not clear what you're supposed to do with them.  However, I responded to the same question from another poster just 10 posts above. 

I only learned how to use the clean templates a couple of months ago.  It was confusing.  I made mistakes and had to start over.  Several times.  I didn't get discouraged or make excuses for myself, because I expected to mess up.  It's what happens whenever you learn to do something new.  You fall down a lot.  I kept notes; I became very friendly with Advanced Search, Cheesy and I figured it out in the end.  It's not as hard as some people make it sound.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2008 April 06, 00:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, there is something wrong with my game, my CAS is not showing the clothes from the Bon Voyage, I think I may need to reinstall that, I thought it should be in but it wasnt.

I copy and past every bit of information and print it out and follow all insructions, although it can be confusing.  I managed to do everything with other hoods, just Bon Voyage is the one that can be tricky.  I just wish I could do it in onme step, like the other hoods.

What I mean by Tourists, I think I meant to say Locals (those are the ones with the gestures), but the clean template still added the NPC's for Bon Voyage.

I was quite tired when I wrote the other post, so I was forgetting what I was typing.

Many thanks for your help.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2008 October 19, 00:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a themed neighborhood using empty templates.  And I wanted to make custom NPC's.  So, I made a bunch in CAS and moved them into a lot.  After Boolproping, the mailbox had links to turn some into the NPC I wanted them to be, Paper Carrier and Mail Carrier.  But not others like Cop, Fireman or Maid.  Is there a way to make them into Cops, Firemen, Maids, etc.  or do I have to use these sims for other Proffessions?  The townie gun has options to turn them into Garden Club Members/Iconic Hobbyists.  Is turning them into GCM/IH going to wreck the neighborhood?

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2008 October 19, 03:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about that but when I make custom townies I let the game generate the sims and then use Theo's Sims Surgery (SimPE) to 'paste' features, personalities and clothing on them from Sims extracted out of a dummy neighbourhood.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: