More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:51:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Spontaneous Combustion
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Spontaneous Combustion  (Read 18206 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Spontaneous Combustion
« on: 2008 January 13, 04:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be too outdated to be here in the forum...if it belongs in RL please move it.

I have never played Seasons before. In the past two game-days, in one household, I have had three spontaneous (inexplicable) fatal or near-fatal fires. In the first case the sim was quietly checking his email--talk about a flame war! In the second, the sim was peeing--body temperature was green. The toilet caught fire, the sim ignited and died...WTF??? In the third, again with the temperature bar in the green, a flowerbed that the sim had just watered ignited and caught the sim on fire. This is beyond stupid! I have the shiny version of the warmthfixes hack and Sims2HCDU shows 0 conflicts. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Spontaneous Combustion
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 13, 05:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it's not supposed to be that way, especially if the temperature is green. Before patch, and before warmthfixes, combustion was annoying and common, with both that should not be happening, even with just warmthfixes that should not be happening like that. You may not have a conflict but you may have something old causing it.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 13, 05:34:24 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 13, 05:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the first case the sim was quietly checking his email--talk about a flame war!
Downloaded something non-standard to cause that? Incidentally, there's no point in a sim EVER checking their email. No sim gets email unless they send one, and only when they send one do they immediately get a response back.

In the second, the sim was peeing--body temperature was green. The toilet caught fire, the sim ignited and died...WTF???
Yeah, I've had that happen in real life. Never heard of a sim doing it, though. Sounds like the work of the non-Awesome.

In the third, again with the temperature bar in the green, a flowerbed that the sim had just watered ignited and caught the sim on fire. This is beyond stupid! I have the shiny version of the warmthfixes hack and Sims2HCDU shows 0 conflicts. Is this the way it's supposed to be?
No, and I don't think this can, or ever has, happened. I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 13, 06:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Old as in what? Hacks or other things? Here are screenies of my hack folder. Almost all of it is FFS, with a bit from Ste, TwoJeffs, Monique and Inge. The hacks from ailias were added after this happened. All the FFS hacks are from the BV edition.

Edit: Didn't notice the textbox covering data when I uploaded. The hacks that can't be seen in that list are the census tool and clothing tool ones.
Edit 2:
with a bit from Ste, TwoJeffs, Monique and Inge.
And dizzy. Sorry, dizzy. I love your hacks. I didn't mean to forget you.

« Last Edit: 2008 January 13, 06:21:29 by croiduire » Logged

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 13, 06:20:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you have two enormous 1+ MB hacks for increasing the attributes of the cheap bed? Even if it was a duplicate of the cheap bed, it would not be that large! You should probably remove those, as they have been poorly made and thus do godknowswhat, given that they must include like a metric fuckton of garbage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 13, 06:29:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why do you have two enormous 1+ MB hacks for increasing the attributes of the cheap bed? Even if it was a duplicate of the cheap bed, it would not be that large! You should probably remove those, as they have been poorly made and thus do godknowswhat, given that they must include like a metric fuckton of garbage.

Those are the hacks from ailias that I've already mentioned were added after this happened. I was trying them (cautiously) because all my decent cheap, high energy double beds are broken (flashing blue) and so much has changed that I'm not comfortable altering the comfort myself any-more. What I really want is a global that raises the energy to a nice steady 6 or 7 for all beds. I have no patience with the linkage to price and frame appearance. It's a definite annoyance IMHO.

Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 13, 17:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Is a metric fuckton more , less or equal to a shitload ?  Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 13, 23:40:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy Is a metric fuckton more , less or equal to a shitload ?  Cheesy
More, but slightly less than an imperial fuckton.

I'm no hacker, but the fact that all your beds are doing the flashy and you're having spontaneous combustion at such a high level would lead me to believe that something's gone majorly funky with your game files. Reinstall dance time? And don't you have BV, because ACR has updates since the dates you have as your last modified time.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 14, 02:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm no hacker, but the fact that all your beds are doing the flashy

Not all beds, just my favourite, low-cost, aesthetically pleasing ones. I have several object files that are not compatible with my new shiny, and I'm slowly (regretfully) deleting them as I find them. I just installed and am trying to work the bugs out--I added OfB through BV (along with Stuff packs) all in the course of a few days.

and you're having spontaneous combustion at such a high level would lead me to believe that something's gone majorly funky with your game files. Reinstall dance time? And don't you have BV, because ACR has updates since the dates you have as your last modified time.

Just in case I redownloaded and reinstalled the ACR mod, but the newest on the site is the one I already had in my game. It is (and was) working perfectly on that cursed lot and all others in the neighbourhood. (Off-topic, I was cracking up watching one of my daddy sims repeatedly trying to romance his highly pregnant wife. She'd have been interested too had she not been sleeping or eating every time he was in the mood...)

I have played other houses since, one all the way through autumn, without a single inexplicable fire. The fires occurred in the Pleasant house (to Daniel, Angela and Daniel) with virtually no custom content on the lot. At this point I'm thinking I need to run lot debugger and see what happens.

dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 15, 10:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dude, when you find out which hack causes them combustions, please tell me? I was deliberately sending my Sims to exercise outside in outerwear in Summer (with warmthfix suspended), fed them borked food that raises body temp and flopped into hottub -- nothing! Not even one puny self-combustion! I had so much hope in them new deaths, so their abscence makes me so, so sad. Sad
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 15, 23:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have played other houses since, one all the way through autumn, without a single inexplicable fire.
Looking through your list, I noticed you have the firemod, if you don't want anymore inexplicable fires, I suggest you remove that mod.   Wink

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 17, 05:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking through your list, I noticed you have the firemod, if you don't want anymore inexplicable fires, I suggest you remove that mod.   Wink

why? the firemod has nothing to do with starting fires

Firemod:

Sims will no longer moth fires when panicking when something catches fire. Sims
that are have seen more than one fire before will attempt to extinguish it
rather than panicking. Visitors finding your house to be on fire will
immediately declare this to be somebody else's problem and find an urgent and
pressing interest in being elsewhere, rather than going into aspirational
failure....after all, why should they care...unless they are on FIRE?

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 17, 07:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firemod:

It could be outdated

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 17, 07:08:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are the hacks from ailias that I've already mentioned were added after this happened. I was trying them (cautiously) because all my decent cheap, high energy double beds are broken (flashing blue) and so much has changed that I'm not comfortable altering the comfort myself any-more.

I have made similar fixes for my personal use. They raise the energy and comfort equal to Medieval 4-poster double bed. They contain only modified BCONs and OBJD. To avoid cc asterisk in the catalog, put them into \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins in your latest EP program folder.

Edit: Now available for all Maxis beds.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 02, 10:48:48 by Lord Darcy » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 17, 07:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, modifying the OBJD is useless, so you can delete all the OBJDs from the file for an even smaller file and no CCstar. Only the BCONs matter. The OBJD values do and mean nothing.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 17, 13:08:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing motive/skill ratings in the OBJD will affect how my Asylum Enforcer views it, but it has no other effect (except how the catalog rates it).

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 17, 15:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TIn the second, the sim was peeing--body temperature was green. The toilet caught fire, the sim ignited and died...

See, this is why my kids have to use the toilet in the basement. No sense in taking chances, right?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 17, 18:56:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since it's only one lot, could it be invisible fire?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 18, 05:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firemod:
It could be outdated

No it isn't outdated. The screenshot shows the date last modified, Feb 28, 2007. That's the date modifed listed for the firemod in the hack directory.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 18, 17:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do apologize, I thought it was another mod.  A friend of mine had a mod that allowed spontaneous combustion on sims, I thought that was the mod, I was wrong, turns out I even have the firemod in my downloads folder.  I don't remember the name of the hack she used and I've tried contacting her but have not heard a reply yet.  There's a possibliity that hack could be what's causing the trouble, if I find out the name, I'll post it if this is still an issue.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 18, 17:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, modifying the OBJD is useless, so you can delete all the OBJDs from the file for an even smaller file and no CCstar. Only the BCONs matter. The OBJD values do and mean nothing.

*is very confused* (note: not a novelty)

I have been carrying around a hacked flamingo for about a year that adds one point/day to the STR values. I have no idea where I got it but I love it. About six months ago I girded my loins and tried to hack it (re-hack?) in SimPE so it would add two STR points/day. Since I don't know nothing 'bout hacking no objects, all I modified was the OBJD. But... the flamingo seems to work exactly the way I wanted it to (i.e., now keeping relationships stagnant instead of decreasing each day). Did I just get lucky? Or maybe I just think the flamingo is working?

Never mind, I searched on "OBJD" and found all *kinds* of interesting information, including the fact that I am another victim of the "placebo" effect.

Whee.

I guess I will be learning to clone this weekend.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 18, 18:12:26 by AuKestrel » Logged
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 21, 19:08:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are the hacks from ailias that I've already mentioned were added after this happened. I was trying them (cautiously) because all my decent cheap, high energy double beds are broken (flashing blue) and so much has changed that I'm not comfortable altering the comfort myself any-more. What I really want is a global that raises the energy to a nice steady 6 or 7 for all beds. I have no patience with the linkage to price and frame appearance. It's a definite annoyance IMHO.

There's a global like that on MTS2. I don't have it on my computers anymore, unfortunately, but I will tell you that it DOES EXIST, or did, as of something like 2 years ago, and is probably still there.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 30, 21:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have made similar fixes for my personal use. They raise the energy and comfort equal to Medieval 4-poster double bed. They contain only modified BCONs and OBJD. To avoid cc asterisk in the catalog, put them into \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins in your latest EP program folder.

Does this alter ALL beds?

And for those who asked, the lot was severely bugged with "object error--fires" but the lot debugger took care of it. Nothing visible, but as near as I could tell, the lot was full of fires sort of waiting to happen...very odd

Lot debugger--don't build homes without it!

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 30, 22:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. It only works for 2 Maxis beds you were raising comfort and energy with Ailias's mod. Unlike Ailias's version, it's stripped of all other redundant extra stuff like duplicate meshes and so on.

I posted the complete set for all Maxis beds up to Teen Style Stuff here. It does not work for custom beds, you have to change BCON yourself. I couldn't find the global hack Ellatrue mentioned anywhere in MTS2. Maybe it was deleted.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 31, 08:57:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much for your help! So let me clarify, if I put the files into \TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins it will affect the comfort of all recolours, but not clones, right?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: