More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:25:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Walk to?"....feature (Solved)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Walk to?"....feature (Solved)  (Read 9886 times)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
"Walk to?"....feature (Solved)
« on: 2008 January 10, 15:41:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried this with 2 different sets of couples on a vacation lot....cause I hate having them have to call for a taxi and then get side tracked and wander off ....but all it does once it cues up is to disappear out of their cues....I get the who is going with whom and where but after making my selections....well I get nothing.  This happening to anyone else?  This is the first time I've tried this feature so I'm not sure what's going on with it. 
« Last Edit: 2008 January 12, 02:52:06 by Tgdrysix » Logged

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: "Walk to?"....feature
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 10, 16:40:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most likely this is a hack conflict. TJ's Visitor Controller (pre-BV version) was doing the same for me. If ever you have some sort of odd bug, always remove hacks first and see if it repeats.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 10, 17:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can do a search here on "Walk to lot" - other threads have identified very similar, and possibly the same problem.  I most cases, the problem was attributable to "tight pants" or the work of the non-awesome (using old incompatible versions of hacks or conflicting hacks by other modders).

Tribulatio proxima est
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 11, 02:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the love of god why can't anyone spell queue correctly? It's not a difficult or complicated word, people! I just can't take this anymore!

*Invisigoth wanders off muttering crazily to herself

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 11, 03:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to be sending another couple on a trip soon and I'm going to try it again. As far as hacks go I don't have alot of them....espically the ones that "control" behaviors....I kinda like to do that myself even if it makes me crazy. I mostly have just the Awesome ones , and of course the puppy killer, yes I know but I LIKE IT.....Oh and sorry to the poster I made Crazy it wasn't my intention but my kids do often acuse me of doing that to them , maybe they have something. Undecided I hadn't really looked into this cause I really just got back into playing due to computer issues but I'll be doing some research to see if I can find a solution.

Edit: After doing my "research" I have come to the conclusion that I am better off NOT using this feature....so all I can say is "Never Mind" and goes back to what I do best lurking.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 11, 03:23:18 by Tgdrysix » Logged

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 11, 03:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the feature. There's something wrong with your hack cocktail. Seriously...99% chance you have something outmoded. Always, always, always, remove hacks and test to make sure a bug repeats, then do boolean search (half in/half out until you find the culprit). Make sure the culprit is the latest version. If not, update. If so, post on the relevant forum regarding the bug.

This is all common sense, puppy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 11, 03:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: After doing my "research" I have come to the conclusion that I am better off NOT using this feature....so all I can say is "Never Mind" and goes back to what I do best lurking.

I use the 'walk to' feature all the time and I've never had a problem with it. Problems with it were caused by hacks that needed to be updated as already mentioned.

Why wouldn't you want to take the time to find the file causing you the problem? seriously, if it is breaking one feature, it's probably breaking something else too.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 11, 06:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Walk-to feature is the only  reason I Arrred BV.

Fail.
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: "Walk to?"....feature (Solved)
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 11, 12:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the 'walk to' feature all the time and I've never had a problem with it. Problems with it were caused by hacks that needed to be updated as already mentioned.

Why wouldn't you want to take the time to find the file causing you the problem? seriously, if it is breaking one feature, it's probably breaking something else too.

Alright already, sheesh, you can quit poking, I"ll get to it promptly!  But if you've only gotten back up to playing without any major issues you'd be more interested in the playing part as opposed to the searching through, though not tons of hacks, enough that it will take time.  But you are right, I do need to see if something is causing an issue, so here I go....off to find the issue.... I'm going now...

Edit: Sorry I left something in that I shouldn't have....I seem to have that problem.... Embarrassed

Whew, okay I'm back, anyway I found the issue...it was the "antiwatchout".  I guess when I was updating the rest of my stuff I accidently overlooked that one cause I re-downloaded it and now I get to "Walk to Lot".....no more waiting for the freaking taxi and trying to keep my sims from wandering off to do something stupid....ain't this game grand!  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: 2008 January 12, 02:31:09 by Tgdrysix » Logged

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 11, 15:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Walk-to feature is the only  reason I Arrred BV.

For me it was that and the thatched roofs.

It is entirely likely that the OP has installed all up to date hacks from the DC, but has left in oldversioned hacks that are no longer compatible.  I would delete all awesome hacks from Downloads (you have this organized so you can find them, right?) and reinstall the latest DC to ensure the elimination of conflicts from that source.

Incidentally, if you have a nasty smell in your fridge, do you check all contents to see where it's coming from, or do you just decide never to open that section of the fridge ever again?

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 11, 15:56:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a nearly non-functioning nose. I don't notice bad things in my fridge until I've dug up to them.

I was unimpressed by the thatched roof textures. There are better custom ones out there. The new roof shapes, though, are yummy.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 12, 06:15:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, the thatched roofs are really lame.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 12, 10:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was unimpressed by the thatched roof textures. There are better custom ones out there. The new roof shapes, though, are yummy.
I was unimpressed by their lack of flammability. Burninating all the people, and their thatched roof cottages!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 12, 10:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the love of god why can't anyone spell queue correctly? It's not a difficult or complicated word, people!

Actually, it is.  But my father was absolutely obsessed with teaching me how to spell that and "necessary" correctly, so they are both firmly rooted in my psyche.  Probably the first two words I will be able to use again after I have a stroke.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 12, 12:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the first two words I will be able to use again after I have a stroke.

Now there's  optimism for you!  Tongue

Fail.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 12, 23:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was unimpressed by their lack of flammability. Burninating all the people, and their thatched roof cottages!
There's a lack of flammability in roofs in general, especially when it rains fire.  I can see the tile roofs making it through that, but not the wood shingles.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 13, 03:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, the thatched roofs are really lame.
I find the Corrugated Iron ones to be unrealistic, I can see a lot of leaks if that's how iron was really put on.

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: