More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:05:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7  (Read 101226 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7
« Reply #100 on: 2008 January 18, 04:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The maid will find herself in a new infinite loop of cleaning the koi pond.  Roll Eyes

INFP or something
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2008 January 18, 14:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We'll, at least they get a Koi pond for reaching the top of the oceanographer career track. ...wasn't there something like that in sims1? You could get fish food and feed the fish? Damn it, now I want to start the old game up and find out.

In the community lot, you could also rent a remote-controlled boat from park booth.

MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2008 January 18, 14:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We'll, at least they get a Koi pond for reaching the top of the oceanographer career track. ...wasn't there something like that in sims1? You could get fish food and feed the fish? Damn it, now I want to start the old game up and find out.

In the community lot, you could also rent a remote-controlled boat from park booth.

They'll try to do that for sims 2 and the remote controlled boat will be borked, like the remote controlled car.  And if you have the holiday pack, Santa will now have the choice to give either the fucked up boat or the fucked up car.  JOY!

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2008 January 18, 17:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly there will be a remote controlled helicopter for them to fuck up as well.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2008 January 18, 18:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly there will be a remote controlled helicopter for them to fuck up as well.

Helicopters will have a chance of being stuck in the trees. Cars and boats will have a chance to strike obstructions. Either case will, instead of the intended behavior, make the object disappear immediately, leaving an invisible object and possibly sticking your Sim in the "retrieve" animation.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2008 January 18, 19:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new woohoo object will be broken, as sims that use it to woohoo will immediately get crushes on themselves.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
MrsH
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2008 January 22, 08:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rumour (in the form of Snooty Sims) says that the new creature will be the Genie.  http://www.snootysims.com/

Oh joy.  EAxis have decided to revive something already ill-concieved from TS1 and insert it into TS2 with added numptitude.

The potential for horror with this ep grows all the time.  Pescado is going to be a busy bunny.
MadameUgly
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2008 January 22, 15:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rumour (in the form of Snooty Sims) says that the new creature will be the Genie.  http://www.snootysims.com/

Oh joy.  EAxis have decided to revive something already ill-concieved from TS1 and insert it into TS2 with added numptitude.

The potential for horror with this ep grows all the time.  Pescado is going to be a busy bunny.

I liked the genie from Sims 1 (though didn't use him all the time).  The only way to play the stupid "hillbilly" house (that came with unleashed) was to ruin their lives with the genie.

Want decent sim stories?  Go forth and read: http://madame-ugly.livejournal.com/
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2008 January 22, 16:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rumour (in the form of Snooty Sims) says that the new creature will be the Genie.  http://www.snootysims.com/

Oh joy.  EAxis have decided to revive something already ill-concieved from TS1 and insert it into TS2 with added numptitude.

The potential for horror with this ep grows all the time.  Pescado is going to be a busy bunny.

Thank you for the infos, MrsH. Also enjoying the word "numpitude." YOINK!

I thought we already had the genie, in the form of the wishing well.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2008 January 23, 22:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup we do Assmitten which is why they will add it, it will use different code and cause massive conflicts with the wishing well. So that if you have a wishing well anywhere in your hood on installation the hood will immediately get corrupted and explode the game.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2008 January 23, 22:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers will be allowed to go to the "Special" lots in the car, but the animations will be borken, resulting in ADHD, and the sim-parents will attempt to take the toddlers to regular community lots in the car, which will PHAIL and crash the game.

ETA:  Upon the crash, both car and Sims will be stuck in limbo, and we will need Pes's Awesomeness to get the sims back.  The car will be lost forever.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2008 January 23, 22:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am fairly worried about the Lifetime Friends feature. Given everything we know from previous statements, a "low chance of relationship decay" actually means a "0% chance of relationship decay" (much like how an "increased chance of twins" actually means a "100% chance of twins"). To this end, they will probably also be hilariously easy to obtain, leading to more useless relationship panel spam.

And given that the Lifetime Aspiration meter will probably be powered by Lifetime Wants, it's almost a certainty that sims who have previously fulfilled LTWs won't get all/any of them counted towards the LTAM.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2008 January 29, 19:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I predict excessive gypsy spawning because of this sentance on Snooty Sims.
The Lamp is delivered to you by the gypsy, but if you want more genies, you can spawn it with boolprop.

They either assume that everyone has NL or they will spawn a gypsy for those that don't have NL. So those of us with NL will probably end up with extra gypsys. Maybe repetitive npc spam once again.

The FT cars will not work properly unless you have NL, those without NL will suffer from car errors every time they try to leave the lot in one.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2008 January 31, 00:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a sim dies of old age, 3 of their elder friends will also die of old age due to how birthdays are now handled. These sims will be, more often than not, your playable sims who are at the very beginning of their elder years.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2008 January 31, 00:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone in the household will be forced to grow up without warning when one sim grows up
while elders die off quickly
« Last Edit: 2008 January 31, 09:36:22 by Giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2008 January 31, 09:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a sim dies of old age, 3 of their elder friends will also die of old age due to how birthdays are now handled. These sims will be, more often than not, your playable sims who are at the very beginning of their elder years.

Actually, I wouldn't mind *that* bug at all.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

TheMagicBullet
Asinine Airhead

Religious converters are desperate people.

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2008 February 03, 17:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Eternal Newspaper Delivery will start if you don't remove/update inTeen or inSim prior to installation. And, of course, the "become Lifetime Friends with [insert random townie they just met and will never see again]" want spam.
MajorMercedes
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2008 February 03, 22:12:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When your sim parks a car, it will park two levels above where the garage is.

All newborn babies will be aliens, regardless of who their parents were.

Social Workers will take your baby as soon as it's born, but will never leave your lot, rendering it unplayable.

Precision Lightning strikes will begin occuring as frequently as possible.  They will strike down your sims at completely random times, regardless of whether or not they are inside or outside, or if it's even storming to begin with.

It will completely delete your downloads folder at first play.

All sims will be bald.  Therefore, your game will explode when you calculate their man score:
division by zero=fail.

Being racist is so limiting. Why confine your hatred to specific skin colors, countries, or beliefs? The entire world can be yours to hate.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2008 February 04, 15:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why you take your Downloads folder OUT before installing a new EP. DUH.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2008 February 08, 08:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Choose one or many;

a) There will be no option to have an alarm installed in a fixable car.
b) There will be an option to have an alarm installed in a fixable car, but sending a fixable car to have an alarm installed will result in limbo loss of car, sim or both.
c) Sending fixable car to have an alarm installed will result in mysterious spawnage of multiple, identical, cheap-ass, fixable cars, that all want to come home;
d) Sims will have option to install car alarm themselves, resulting in portal deletion and/or other mayhem.
e) Fixable cars do not register as repaired, even though the car fixin' progress bar is full--car is driveway art, until Pes hacks a fix.
f) Car fixin' is outdoor-only activity and borks temperature, resulting in spontaneous combustion plague.
g) Car fixin' is garage-only activitiy; fixin' car inside garage borks garage doors.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 08, 08:34:07 by Count Four » Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2008 February 08, 09:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...]
f) Car fixin' is outdoor-only activity and borks temperature, resulting in spontaneous combustion plague.
[...]

Spontanous car combustion would be awesone ("I swear, Officer, it was an accident").

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2008 February 08, 14:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be awesome if there was a new sim death, "Crushed by car."

Shake
Asinine Airhead

Unawesome Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2008 February 10, 22:20:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be much too violent for the sims, they cannot let their rating go up past Teen, even though violence is part of real life.

e) Fixable cars do not register as repaired, even though the car fixin' progress bar is full--car is driveway art, until Pes hacks a fix.

E for the win.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2008 February 11, 08:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too violent for a game where dying in a kitchen fire is considered funny Wink?

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2008 February 11, 22:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new supernatural, according to Snooty Sims, is a genie.  In a bottle.  wow.

Still - all kinds of potential for borkiness when granting your three wishes (Mine: 1. make the game work properly, 2. stop the madness of sim monomania, 3. no more hidden neighbourhoods).

Edit
Ah - ninja'd on the news about the genie, I see, but I still want my three wishes

It would be awesome if there was a new sim death, "Crushed by car."

That's the first thing I tried when I got Nightlife - 't would indeed be awesome.
« Last Edit: 2008 February 11, 22:43:07 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: