More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:51:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7  (Read 100603 times)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7
« on: 2008 January 10, 09:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What can go wrong, if it is an EAxis project, probably will.

Place your bets / predictions for:

1. Stuff that will be borked anew.

Piano again, anyone? Fishtank-obsessed maids? Squalling sproggen?

2. Stuff that works OK now, but will go haywire after new EP.

3. Conflicts with previous EPs that will occur due to crap beta-testing not taking prior EP basic gameplay into account.

4. Potential game-killing EUPS! coding.
One charlatan horde to fleece them all, Dude, Where Are Mah Portals?, Countess bites Crumplebottom.

5. New fark-ups you can predict that no reasonable company would ever dare release to the public, and which would be caught if they did even the most basic beta-testing.
NVidia throws hands up as EA ignores, again, useful intel.

6. Stuff they won't ask FOJ / JMP about, but should; haxen that will break that the vast majority of Sims players find mandatory.
Censor pixeling, less obsessiveness, MOAR non-stupidity.

7. Stuff they will blame others for that IS their fault and borks the game.

Sony, NVidia, the end users, anyone but their own inept crew.

8. Feeling positive? Venture a guess about what will, beyond all expectations, actually go right and entice you to acquire this EP.

Ready? Begin the Bork Poll: EP7 L&P version.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
Re: The bork pool for L&P Sims 2 "Free Time / Hobbies / Numpty Crap" EP7
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 10, 09:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Current crafting tables will be badly broken.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 10, 09:44:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time we leave the sim alone for 3 seconds, the sim will be using the new "dance bar". 
Fridges will be borken storing leftovers of the new foods. 
Multiple sims will race to get to a random new object every 30 seconds. 
Something that is supposed to raise *random motive here* will lower it instead.
Sims will become "stuck" at the new game tables.
Pathing a la driveway on the game courts.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 10, 10:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone's wants will be replaced by +500 aspiration ones of 'Do new action' until they get stomped, this will even occur during special scenarios such as dates and parties making such things almost impossible to do well in.
New skills won't use the already in place badge system, making almost useless in owned businesses as unable to know what people can make.
New object interactions will be worse than dormies playing piano, will in fact squash 'go to class/work' and other vital needs such as eating.
Some other way of making sims pee themselves, object will be used autonomously too.
New cars will break existing ones and fail to function properly themselves, eg go to work always results in a 'late'
Something really bad such as walls will no longer protect against noise (due to fucked up coding of new actions being noisy and having to be in a soundproofed room) however room dividers will continue to do so. Will get 'fixed' in the 1st patch by breaking the room dividers noise protection and failing to restore the walls protecting against the normal noise of stereos.
Some actions will fail to be cancelled by user, they will appear to be but sim does them anyway (bed making anyone?)
The piano will NOT get broken this time, instead all other instruments will be.
A new sim who will visit every new home like gypsy and garden club, they can help with any project you have your sims working on but will have an AI worse than the nanny.
Support for multi processor computers will come in, this won't work. Game will crash repeatedly unless user uses forcecore to only use a single core. However they then won't be able to enter the game as the option to change the number of processors the game uses will only be an ingame option. This of course will not be their fault for failing to test the game on an actual computer. A similar thing will occur for 'Now supports Vista!'
LadyArgonna
Blathering Buffoon

Hello, Funny Farm? One's incoming...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 10, 10:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any new crafting ability will require two completely illogical skills to be maxed for optimum performance, and will appeal to Sims with personality traits that make skilling up in said skills twice as hard.

Sims will have about as much attraction the the basketball court as they do to a dog that hasn't been washed in six sim days, unless their Lazy/Active attribute is 10, in which case they'll be glued to the court until they are within three sim minutes of expiring from hunger, peeing themselves, or missing the carpool.

Chemistry will be fubared with the addition of the new crafts, at least until JMP fixes it for us.

Pet routing will go belly up, as all pets in a household go and stare at the crafting objects, standing in just such a way as to make Sims routing also go belly up.

RIP The Duncan Legacy
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 10, 10:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

repaired cars will break over and over again

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 10, 10:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Primp interaction will be broken again, that's a given.

Pulling a binocular from ass for bird watching will cause a massive lag a la water balloon fight in Seasons.

Sims will be stuck in limbo between home and new "secret lots".

Crafted cars will not work as well as buyable cars. If Sims go to work/school in crafted cars, Sims will be MIA.

New food (if there is any) cannot be cooked from the fresh food.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 10, 10:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The piano being broken is a pretty safe bet. I'm just about convinced that they do it for the lulz. I mean, considering how many times it's been broken now, you would think they'd put it on the top of their must-test list (assuming such a thing exists... I'd need solid evidence before I'd believe it).

Teddy Bear creation will not be possible since the sim attempting to make teddy bears will wander off every five seconds to "Talk Through."

Bird Watching: the first thing desperate players will want a haxxx to put a stop to.

Fail.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 10, 10:43:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone's wants will be replaced by +500 aspiration ones of 'Do new action' until they get stomped

The new wants cannot be stomped, even when the required conditions are met. Players will find that a shift+click in debug mode will be equally useless.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 10, 11:11:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A new sim who will visit every new home like gypsy and garden club, they can help with any project you have your sims working on but will have an AI worse than the nanny.

It won't be a new sim.  It will be an army of new project-helping sims who rock up on the lot.  At least one for each hobby will turn up.  And there will, of course, be at least 3 of them created for each hobby.

The stealth neighbourhood for this EP (you know we'll get one!) will use a new, different method of adding itself, and nobody will be willing to play their regular 'hoods until someone works out how to stop the addition of tons of useless townies and fugly playables (with borked genetics/family trees) that we don't want in every bloody 'hood.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 10, 11:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The promised toddler items will allow multiple toddlers to use the same object together, without building social.

ISTP
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 10, 12:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somehow they will break the birthday cakes, after making them bake-able.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 10, 19:32:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, hopefully I don't repeat:

1. Skill points obtained from the new crafting stations will not properly fulfill the "Max X Skill" want or "Max all 7 Skills" LTW.
2. Cars restored/created through hobbycraft will become undrivable when a sim takes them to a community lot, reverting to their original state.
3. The nanny will now ignore all other tasks to bird watch. This is actually preferable, as there will be fewer kitchen fires.
4. The birds will have some sort of missing texture issue, resulting in flying balls of flashing blueness, ala the accessory debacle.
5. All cars will now have a new "feature" of breaking down every two days.
6. New craftable items will not restock correctly.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 10, 19:48:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of us will not be able to see the birds at all. We will just have sims staring up at open air. Much like the fishtanks.

If your sim is off-world in the new fixable car and you cancel the action, they will not return, the car won't return but the sim will be there when you next load the lot or they will come back and the car will pop back into broken state.

Sims will become stuck "in the zone". It will trump all user actions and canceling the action will not boot them out of it until sim hours later.

The new baking ability will be constantly performed, especially by stupid sims with no cooking points or even by sims who should normally have no interest in the action. Sims will become fat because they are obsessed with eating the baked food.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 10, 19:55:00 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 10, 19:48:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe all of you forgot temperature.

Temperature WILL be broken. People will get hot to the point of catching fire while doing anything that even looks like it has some physical component to it.

Zazazu'a car prediction is very likely. Cars will break down frequently. If there is no car-repair-liking Sim present, you will have to pay for one to come. This will cost assloads and also break any and all phone hacks in some mystical way. They also may or may not actually properly notice the car and repair it. If you try to fix it on your own without a car repair person, it works like a chance card. There will be a 50/50 chance that you blow it in some spectacular way.

Due to some confusing "fix", the invitations for any crafting-related "party" in the phone tree will show in yet another instance of "Throw a Party." My New Year's Party thing already does this. I hate that.

They WILL add another chance card instance. It will be extremely arbitrary. There will be no "right" answer (See: Ninja) or it will be closer to 50/50 than favoring any kind of positive result that would make you want to do the action in question. And bees will be involved. Bees are ALWAYS INVOLVED.

...I think that's good for now.

There will be a hobby store. Sims will autonomously buy hobby items when nobody is looking, regardless of their interests or social status. Just like the damn pets.

The "stop talking through the teddy bears" hack will not apply to created teddy bears. The same goes for kicking dollhouses if there's a similar ability to make models. In fact, there will be an autonomous behavior that will cause some Sims to compulsively ruin other Sims' created works.

Current cars will not be repairable, though they will break. They'll forget to test that little feature.

There's a 50/50 chance that either current cars will be the only ones you can make or they'll be unmakeable.

There will be a new hairstyle, outfit, and/or accessory with alpha issues.

Sims who have less than no interest in bird-watching will still watch birds... and then complain that it's boring.

Birds will cause such unholy amounts of lag that they will be rapidly modded.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 10, 19:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More to the Nvidia theme: Nvidia users won't be able to see birds because they have to play with useshadersoff to avoid the game crashing e.g. fish from Seasons.

Possibly the game will not be playable without BSODs or other random crashes for thousands of players, e.g. Bon Voyage.

EA will not issue a patch because it's the last EP and they have moved on to TS3 (also fuck you, you're just betatesters customers).

No, I'm not bitter. Why do you ask?

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 10, 19:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am scared of "The Zone." I think it will destroy lives and tear families apart. Along with broken hairs, there will be the usual cavalcade of "hidden" items. I still don't understand why they "hide" them.  Tongue

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 10, 20:25:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Due to some confusing "fix", the invitations for any crafting-related "party" in the phone tree will show in yet another instance of "Throw a Party." My New Year's Party thing already does this. I hate that.
Easy fix: open %LATEST EP INSTALL DIRECTORY%/TSData/Overrides/HolidayNewYearsPartyFix.package (or something to that effect) in SimPE. Find the pie menu string for English_uk, and remove the ellipsis. Then retype the ellipsis. Save, and it should be fixed. You'll need to recopy the package for every future EP.

TECHNICAL EXPLANATION: EA did the pie menu string "translation" for that package with Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word likes replacing a three-character ellipsis with a one-character ellipsis. This means that the two are seen as different things by the game, creating the duplicate entry.

PREDICTIONS: SecuROM will be updated again, but this is obvious. Relationships scores between family and friends will decrease much, much faster while "in the zone". Sims will autonomously get "in the zone" on community lots, and will not come out of the zone until they die or are close to dying. There will be at least 300 new "WHERE R TIRPLETS AND QAUDS/NO FREINDS 4 CAERERS???/???//" threads.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 10, 20:35:20 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 10, 21:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new "creature sim" will be ragdoll sims (god, I hope so!) and they constantly die of unraveling stitching. Even if they just stitched themselves up. Or they die if they get in water, and constantly commit suicide by jumping into pools/swimmable beaches.

All of the advertised new child and toddler actions that are featured prominently in videos and ads will be broken when the game comes out. The coding will make the objects and interactions teen only.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 10, 21:26:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TECHNICAL EXPLANATION: EA did the pie menu string "translation" for that package with Microsoft Word.

Really?  Shocked Am I the only one that finds that odd? Give me a good old fashioned text editor any day.

ISTP
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 10, 21:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking they might not bork the NVidia compatibility further, but instead branch out and make ATI cards bork too. Soon, nobody will be able to play the game at all, due to exceeding borkination. Oh wait, that's already about to happen. Tongue

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 10, 22:22:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TECHNICAL EXPLANATION: EA did the pie menu string "translation" for that package with Microsoft Word.

Really?  Shocked Am I the only one that finds that odd? Give me a good old fashioned text editor any day.
Nope. And doing so proves once again how dumb they are. Word shouldn't be used for anything other than what it's intended for: word processing for school papers and businesses. Doi, it leaves tons of hidden code and AutoCorrect is evil when it comes to code writing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 10, 23:26:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear god, it's worse than I thought! *flails* Word!?

Anyway! Just saw the new Artist thing. The artists? They will have every problem you ever had with the Secret Societies, only worse.

The clay will hopefully be able to fly off the pottery wheel if you have low skill. I'd love that. However, it will break, and you will lose the clay every time, as it will never land.

Jeleandra, I love you. Ragdoll sims a la Sally would rock. I'd like anything that actually looks hand-made, too, really. However, the Ragdoll sims "skin" will also have the wrong footstep noises.

ETA: Just noticed the secondary aspiration thing. That WILL break any mod relating with aspiration wants. It will also break the mod that makes romance Sims have no jealousy.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 11, 00:33:19 by MidnightVoyager » Logged
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 11, 01:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear god, it's worse than I thought! *flails* Word!?

Anyway! Just saw the new Artist thing. The artists? They will have every problem you ever had with the Secret Societies, only worse.

The clay will hopefully be able to fly off the pottery wheel if you have low skill. I'd love that. However, it will break, and you will lose the clay every time, as it will never land.

Jeleandra, I love you. Ragdoll sims a la Sally would rock. I'd like anything that actually looks hand-made, too, really. However, the Ragdoll sims "skin" will also have the wrong footstep noises.

ETA: Just noticed the secondary aspiration thing. That WILL break any mod relating with aspiration wants. It will also break the mod that makes romance Sims have no jealousy.

I'll take that one step further: the flying clay will never land AND will fill your lots with invisible lumps of clay that will cause tremendous lag and game crashage. Pes will have to add "Nuke Clay Lumps" to the FFS Lot Debugger.

Ragdoll Sims would totally rock. That, of course, is why we won't get them Cry. Instead we'll get a "life size teddy bear sim" because I'm starting to think EA is a bunch of furries.

Also I agree with someone else who said that while toddlers will be able to so called group activities, they won't build any relationships with the other toddles. Much how twins in the game now can have zero social scores with each other.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 11, 04:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead we'll get a "life size teddy bear sim" because I'm starting to think EA is a bunch of furries.

It will probably be furry AND green.  Embarrassed

Also, EAxis' obsession with potty humour implies that the birds may poop on bird-watching Sims. Bad coding will make the chances high, not rare. Invisible poos and red Hygiene metres will result.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: