More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:56:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  Don't get too happy Challenge.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Don't get too happy Challenge.  (Read 9846 times)
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Don't get too happy Challenge.
« on: 2008 March 19, 23:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so, money challenges are too easy, and Email got spoiled by OFB, and anyway, macrotastics makes most achievement-type challenges boringly simple. I'm tired of all these blissfully platinum families of overachievers. So here's an idea.

Make a sim, or a couple (the more sims in the family, the harder this is going to be to micromanage, but that's all), and move them in to whatever size lot you like. You can start with a YA if you want.

Your sims may be any aspiration you like. Fortune and Knowledge sims would appear to be easier on face value, but this needs to be playtested.

Allowable hacks - anything MATY, and anything else you want as long as there are no want suppression hacks. I suspect hacks may actually make this challenge harder, especially if you include Make Someone Cry.
No hacks that change aspiration. No money cheats.
YOU MAY NOT NEVER EVER use the "Reroll wants" function on the Lot Debugger. You may reroll LTW to either make the challenge easier or more hardcore.

Rules:
You may only fill one want per sim per sim day. Autonomously filled wants count as filled wants.
Aspiration Failure is immediate loss of the challenge.
Challenge ends when the first born in game family member dies (i.e. first death in Generation 2).

Additional anti-cheating rules:
No cheaty dates - any date you start has to run its full time course.

Scoring:
-10 for each want filled on top of the allowable 1 want.
- 5 for every sim who dies anything but Platinum old age.
-2 for each "grow up badly".

Bonus Points:
+5 for any Romance, Pleasure or Popularity Sim who fulfills a non-job-related LTW.

« Last Edit: 2008 March 20, 00:40:33 by rohina » Logged

Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
Re: Don't get too happy Challenge.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 19, 23:40:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasure Sim with a LTW of 50 First Dates strikes me as possibly the best for this challenge.

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 20, 00:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Continuously giving them OK dates, then, as to avoid fulfilling anything but the "Have a date" want? Hmm.
-10 for each want filled on top of the allowable 1 want.
I assume this includes autonomously-fulfilled wants? Nice. So either you are stuck watching some sim doing nothing or take the risk of them screwing up your score.

I'd suggest no "Scope room" either, in the same spirit that rerolling isn't allowed with the debugger. "Scope room" rerolls wants a bit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 20, 00:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pleasure Sim with a LTW of 50 First Dates strikes me as possibly the best for this challenge.

Well, except that Pleasure sim wants are so puny, it might be really hard to keep them out of Asp. Failure. Added an anti-date cheat clause.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 20, 00:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but remember that when a Sim goes onto a date, their wants get rerolled so you wouldn't be allowed to fulfill ANY of the wants rolled up for the date.

Hmm, on second thought, maybe that would make it a real challenge.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 20, 05:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and you can't fulfill the date's wants either.  Grin  It's fairly evil.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 20, 07:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay-now this is a challenge Cheesy I've seen something on the same lines of this, I think by Twain-he had one 'want' day and one 'fear' day. Looked fun, but quite challenging. This one is just plain evil.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 20, 09:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure it's possible to specifically aim to only fulfill one want a day, since wants are often triggered to roll right in the middle of the action you're doing, which that action then satisfies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 20, 16:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you lose points. Do you want to suggest a way to gain points? How about, you can avoid the penalty for extra want if you satisfy a fear.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: