More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:35:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Not fixed, but moot: Gentrific fireplace is (was) crashing my game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Not fixed, but moot: Gentrific fireplace is (was) crashing my game  (Read 3097 times)
zombiekim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Not fixed, but moot: Gentrific fireplace is (was) crashing my game
« on: 2008 January 08, 20:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I've installed Bon Voyage, I've been unable to move the fireplaces in one of my homes. When I click on it with the grab or sledgehammer tools, the game freezes--I can still move my cursor, and the music continues playing for another few minutes, but nothing happens and I eventually have to close it with task manager. It's the gentrific fireplace, and it's the only item that I've had a problem with. I know it's not a problem with my downloads folder. I tried this in debug mode, but I didn't get any error messages, though I'm ashamed to say I've forgotten most of what I used to know about error logs.
I haven't been able to find anyone else who seems to have had this problem. Ideas? I'm not exactly technologically braindead, but I'm no whizkid either. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is driving me batshit.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 13, 05:28:30 by zombiekim » Logged
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Gentrific fireplace is crashing my game?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 08, 20:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corrupt downloaded fireplace? Does this still happen when you have no downloads in game?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
zombiekim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 10, 04:10:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I tested it without my downloads folder, and the problem still occurs. It also seems to be happening only in one house, so maybe I just need to rebuild...garrr. I think it might have to do with the fact that Bon Voyage fireplaces don't go all the way to the ground (if they're built, say, against a first floor and there's a foundation below). But I seem to be the only person with this problem, so, I guess it can't be that...?
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 11, 02:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of a problem that my boyfriend had with his game. He was playing Nightlife, and then he decided to install OFB. He started having the game crash to desktop when he moved certain items using build mode OR the inventory. This happened with a clean downloads folder (and of course I'd already set his objects.package files to read only, so it wasn't a corruption issue). We decided that his computer just couldn't handle OFB, so we just uninstalled it and let him play nightlife. If he wants to play with all EPs he can always just use my machine anyway. I know that's probably not very helpful, but I searched high and low for an answer to this problem and I couldn't find it.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
zombiekim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Not fixed, but moot: Gentrific fireplace is (was) crashing my game
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 13, 05:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help. :) I think that since I'm the only one I've found who's experienced this problem, that it was probably just a house-specific bug, so I sadly demolished and rebuilt.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: