More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:38:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Aner-Dyfan's AwesomeSpec House 1
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aner-Dyfan's AwesomeSpec House 1  (Read 14806 times)
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Aner-Dyfan's AwesomeSpec House 1
« on: 2008 January 04, 03:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the idea of AwesomeSpec and produced one of my own, I have been told this is the correct place to post such an item. If not then feel free to kick and stomp.

Features:
Cost: Just shy of §109k
4single  2double beds
4 bathrooms
Nursery with 2 cots
Greenhouse, pond

No pet areas
Hopefully enough room for reward objects
Sparse decoration cause I don't like it/rarely see it.

Swimming pool has been removed with update.

I have all EPs. Have GL and H&M stuff packs but don't think used content from those.

Front

Back

Ground Floor

1st Floor

Download from 4shared.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 08, 19:35:29 by Aner-Dyfan » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Aner-Dyfan's AwesomeSpec House 1
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 04, 03:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice you may have done some Bad Things: Never, ever, end a gable roof against an exterior wall. It causes the exterior wall to disintegrate when viewed from the neighborhood screen. Always draw the roof past the wall, into the house itself, and then delete the resulting wall end (the roof itself will disappear if covered overhead on a higher level by another roof).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 04, 03:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, is that what I inadvertently did here? You have no idea how much that's been pissing me off.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 04, 03:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is what I think Pescado is talking about, if so I have not noticed such a problem with this house in my hood. Other houses I've made, yes and now I know how to prevent it.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 04, 04:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not bad. Don't really see the point in having four bathrooms and two desks, though. Another annoying thing is when you put the fridge so that a wall is on the right. It makes it look like sims are opening the fridge door right into the wall.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 04, 04:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bathroom rule I use is one for every 2 sims in the house (rounded up) +1, as a minimum.  Can never have too many bathrooms in a sim house.

As for the two desks, I assume one is for homework (which I assume is the One Desk) and the other one is for the computer.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 04, 04:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My personal rule for bathrooms is one for every 5 sims. This is why I typically have 4 bathrooms in my Greek houses.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 04, 04:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sheesh. I just played a one-bathroom house with a couple, child, and toddler and it's been a major traffic jam.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 04, 08:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma houses-according to Pescado-no bathrooms.

*Emma giggles

I love your house Aner-Dyfan, nice layout. Nice exterior too!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 04, 08:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not bad. Don't really see the point in having four bathrooms and two desks, though. Another annoying thing is when you put the fridge so that a wall is on the right. It makes it look like sims are opening the fridge door right into the wall.
Sims really need that many bathrooms to accommodate events like Morning Bathroom Rush Hour. Otherwise you end up with orbital queues as people queue up behind Bathroom Uses You, or peeing on the floor.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 04, 10:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any advantage in having two dining tables with 3 seats, instead of a single 6 seater?

And why is the trashcan completely fenced?  Huh
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 04, 15:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theo: Trashcan is fenced so more compost is made, and prevents furious walkbys knocking it over. In fact it might be better to have it knocked over then fence it up so no one tries to use it.
2 tables are to provide 4 table spaces instead of 2 or 3 for when sims drop a plate(or other item) in the middle of the table preventing use of seats for dining. This way reduces number of seats affected. Also I think it looks tidier with the clear path to the kitchen through the middle.

Kyna: My rule on bathrooms is 1 for every 2 sims living on lot. The large one with tub and sink is for cleaning spawn. However Uni residences might be less as with rampage there is no distinct 'morning' just caffeine.

Dizzy: Reason for 2 desks, 1 for computer 1 for homework. Not tried this combination before, as can't stand SSX. As to the fridge. I hadn't noticed that as I play walls half down. *makes note for future*
Lyra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 05, 17:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite like it. I would download but first I want someone to verify that it has flat edges. The neighbourhood it would look good in I made by hand so I really don't want that terrain messed up.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 05, 19:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Created on Sedona due to me hearing that it's is a completely flat hood, also I have done the shrub test and it passed. Then there is the fact that Pescado would have had my lips if it didn't have flat edges.

It seems that when packaging the lot it broke the roof, as I used the installer to place the lot in my game and parts of the wall have disappeared in the hood view. Whereas the original doesn't suffer from this.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 05, 20:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, two more posts and he will have your lips!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
antitheftmilk
Asinine Airhead

to forgive, divine, to purr, feline

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 06, 07:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very nice house! I look forward to playing it!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 08, 07:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, is that what I inadvertently did here? You have no idea how much that's been pissing me off.
Yes, that is exactly what you did. The way to AVOID this is to use a full 4-sided roof, drawn all the way around the lower deck, and then capped overhead by the other roof. This will avoid the wall-vanishment. Unfortunately, retrofitting a large, established house for this after you have already furnished the upper floor is a PAIN IN THE ASS, because even with move_objects, it WILL NOT SHUT UP about the objects!

Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 08, 19:34:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

File Updated.

Exactly hence why I have updated to remove these missing walls. I have tested installing into my game this time and wasn't able to detect any missing walls.

Also in the update I have:
Removed the swimming pool, since they are annoying with autonomy.
Removed the basement due to deformation in the neighbourhood view.
Added a sprinkler system in the kitchen. Old version has no fire safety!
Replaced full walls with dividers in the nursery to reduce any possible pathing issues.
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 12, 22:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you should see the amount of barfrooms in the house I am currently building. It's closer to 5 per sim than to 1 per 5 sims. Well, it should be about 1:1 on maximum capacity filled, which is way larger than Maxis accepts

socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 20, 03:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I prefer the 1:1 ratio of sims to bathrooms also.  Sims still congregate at one bathroom before sauntering off to find their own, but it alleviates a lot of morning congestion.

Nice house by the way.  Wink

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 February 09, 15:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice house. . . downloaded.  Smiley  I'll test it today.

Bathrooms:  In a starter house I always have 1 1/2 bathrooms, and in a larger house I have at least two-four using the 1.5 bathrooms to 2 sims ratio. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: