More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 01:51:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My Sims "jump" when they eat, play chess
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My Sims "jump" when they eat, play chess  (Read 2887 times)
Morana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My Sims "jump" when they eat, play chess
« on: 2008 January 04, 04:46:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem about a year ago, without any CC. When I send a Sim to eat with the whole family gathered around the table, they all just jump. The same happened few days ago. In the meantime, I reinstalled game (I have only base version), but now I have some custom contents and hacks in downloads folder.

Could it be some of them not working properly, or what?

And yes, I used to use boolprop testingcheats enabled. The jump thing happened even before I started using the cheat. I don't know where is the problem. Can anyone help me?
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Re: My Sims "jump" when they eat, play chess
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 04, 04:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For reference, the debugging code does not cause errors, it merely shows you them more clearly with the pop-up.

My advice to you: turn the debugging code back on, cause the error, and attach the appropriate error log to a post in "Oops, You Broke It".
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 04, 04:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you patched? The jump bug was a rather nasty one IIRC caused by sims gaining certain new memories. Pescado fixed it first (as always) and then Maxis patched it out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 04, 10:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all the patches, I still get the jumping occasionally but I believe using the Lot Debugger to nuke attraction markers helps to prevent this.

More F than you
Morana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 05, 02:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just logged in... I'll post error log later when I start the game. But I have a thought last night about this problem.

When this happened I played the Strangetown, the Curious family (I do not often mess with pre-made characters in any 'hood). So, this was the first time I entered their lot. Vidcund immediately got abducted, and when he came back, I just saved the game. Then he became pregnant, I assume...

Before "jump" happened, I was playing on my lot, and Vidcund came over. I used Mind Controlling Mirror to make him selectable. Could it be that it's his alien pregnancy causing problems, because every time he's on the lot the error happens? Huh I'm not sure, so I'm going back to my game to catch that error.

Thank you for your effort.
Morana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 05, 03:14:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I atached my error logs in "Oops, you broke it". Here's the link http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10723.0.html
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: