More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 15:41:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Wardrobe Wrangler Released!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Wardrobe Wrangler Released!  (Read 60337 times)
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
Wardrobe Wrangler Released!
« on: 2008 January 02, 05:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who have been following this for a while or who maybe have no bloody clue what I'm talking about, the Wardrobe Wrangler has finally been officially released! It's basically a tool that allows you to edit all of your CAS items, doing things like changing the everyday flags of an item, color binning hair, setting genetic strength of eyes and skin tones, and more. If you wish to check it out, head on over! Smiley

http://www.djssims.com/index.php

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Wardrobe Wrangler Released!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 02, 05:16:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeehaaw! Wardrobe Wranglin' begins.

*witch cracks her whip

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 02, 05:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Congrats Jfade! How exciting.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 02, 05:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really enjoying the cat humour in the manual and the programme writing history in the 'About'. Sitting in class coding because you were so goddam bored in a computing intro class.  Cheesy

flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 02, 05:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

>_> 

This thread moved, didn't it?.....

Anyways..  this is perfect for what I've been needing.  Awesome stuff jfade.   Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 02, 06:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an issue... Is there a reason I'm getting an error when opening hair files? It says to get the log file, but I have no idea where that's located. I read the manual and am still lost!

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 02, 06:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Lizzie. I think jfade's crashed at the moment. I had a problem too. Try reloading your files. That worked for me.

The log file is in the folder where you installed the Wrangler.

LizzyJ
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 02, 06:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked in that file witch, but I'm clueless. I was looking for log.txt, is it something else?

My imaginary god is better than your imaginary god.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 02, 07:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you got jfade's installer, you could try looking in c:\ program files\Wardrobe Wrangler \ LogFile.txt
I don't know that that's where he puts it but it seems likely.

If you got the one you just run from a folder, look at the folder where you put the zip file and find LogFile.txt

This file is just for jfade to suss out why it is playing up. It won't help you get the Wrangler going again.

twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 02, 07:44:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been watching the forum for the final copy before installing. So going to put it in and try it out this week.

Good Simming,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 02, 11:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  I love this Tongue

Also...

* mildlydisguised kills jfade
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 04, 17:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the townify feature.  I've been manually townifying most clothes I download, and I can do that pretty fast, but this will be much easier and faster.  There are other things I've never bothered trying to townify; mainly eyebrows since there are so damned many resources to fix.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 04, 18:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does townifying mean?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 04, 18:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went about townifying alll my clothes, but had to delete the ones done, and redo from a backup, as my game kept crashing when i tried to load lots or CAS after the townifying had been done. Once i redid from the backup, i could load everything again, so something went wrong.
Also, I categorized some 120 odd downloads of jewelry as jewelry, all set as available anywhere. But when my sim heads out to shop for blingbling, only around 20 shows up.... Sad The rest just went poof.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 04, 19:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Townifying" only changes some properties in the GZPS, so that those items appear without the custom content marker, thus making them available in the townies clothing pool.

Cyperangel, did you try deleting the CasThumbnails.package file?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 04, 19:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see!  Thank you

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 04, 20:35:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Townifying" only changes some properties in the GZPS, so that those items appear without the custom content marker, thus making them available in the townies clothing pool.

Cyperangel, did you try deleting the CasThumbnails.package file?

Nope, can't say I did. Will that help on the bugged out loading, or the missing jewelry?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 05, 04:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went about townifying alll my clothes, but had to delete the ones done, and redo from a backup, as my game kept crashing when i tried to load lots or CAS after the townifying had been done. Once i redid from the backup, i could load everything again, so something went wrong.
Also, I categorized some 120 odd downloads of jewelry as jewelry, all set as available anywhere. But when my sim heads out to shop for blingbling, only around 20 shows up.... Sad The rest just went poof.
Well, I wouldn't recommend going through and doing everything at once anyhow, take things in batches, so that if something does go wrong you know exactly where and can narrow it down easily.

With regards to the jewelery, you only used the bins listed in the jewelery section at the bottom of the tab, right? If you use some of the other recommended bins up above that it won't work.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 05, 15:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only used the ones at the bottom, left earring, and necklaces and bracelet to be precise.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 06, 00:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only used the ones at the bottom, left earring, and necklaces and bracelet to be precise.
Well, it should work then... Not sure what would cause it to NOT work...

spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 06, 19:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem (the game or Body Shop crashing when I tried to load clothes) with stuff from TSR that I modified with Wardrobe Wrangler. My advice is to change clothing in small batches and to not change anything from TSR.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 10, 15:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been waiting for this nifty little unit to be released.  I really like things to be in order, so this program seems perfect.  Thanks!  And, now that I've learned about Townifying, I'll be making sure the townies have something decent to wear.  I love this site! 

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
trillkey
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 12, 15:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a total noob question, but I need some clarification on binning hairs. I have all the hairstyles on the left, and then on the bottom right of the window I can scroll to the right to get to the other files included in that hairstyle. In the ones that are properly binned, I can see that the second-to-last file is binned in grey and the rest are brown (for example). So what I'm understanding is that those 6 files are the different age groups for that hairstyle. Does that mean that when I bin hairs the second-to-last file needs to be put in grey, and the rest in the right colour? What about those hairstyles which don't include all age groups? Is there a way to tell which one should go in grey?
mommytotwo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 13, 13:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem (the game or Body Shop crashing when I tried to load clothes) with stuff from TSR that I modified with Wardrobe Wrangler. My advice is to change clothing in small batches and to not change anything from TSR.

I've noticed that TSR FA items makes the program hang big time. I tried to change the category on something of xandhers, loaded BS, and it crashed when I tried to select it. So WW+TSR FA=Bad
« Last Edit: 2008 January 13, 14:03:53 by mommytotwo » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 13, 15:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you get these items from? TSR itself, or PMBD? TSR originals contain spyware which may disrupt functioning, and may also have bad compression.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: