More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 15:07:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My cat ran away
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My cat ran away  (Read 14619 times)
sasmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
My cat ran away
« on: 2007 December 31, 12:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i got new problem on my sims game wow everything happen to them this christmas i just got new cat called max and i turn my back for one sec  when a fire startd at my christmas tree  Cry and he ran away  Embarrassed my little sim girl so upset about it. i phone him miss but i forgot to put a collar on him i guess he gone forever. Should i wait he comes home or go get clair a new cat ?

oh and what the deal with santa he didn't like my cookies and gave me a lump of coal  Lips sealed
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
Re: My cat ran away
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 31, 13:45:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use the phone to report your cat missing, someone might bring him back. You should make sure that each pet has a collar as well as a high relationship with at least two household members if possible.

I do not know about Santa.

More F than you
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 31, 14:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if they aren't returned? Are they put into the adoption pool, appear as strays or just clog up the hood data files?
sasmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 31, 15:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

guess he might come back he got good relationship with 2 my sims  Grin i hope he comes back  Embarrassed
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 31, 15:31:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if they aren't returned? Are they put into the adoption pool, appear as strays or just clog up the hood data files?

From what I understand, if they aren't returned and don't come back on their own, they return in time to age up or die. They MAY appear at other lots as a stray, I'm not sure.

I imagine you could try to use a summoner to teleport the pet to the lot.. but I don't know for certain. I've yet to lose a pet. Yet.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 31, 16:46:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, if they aren't returned and don't come back on their own, they return in time to age up or die. They MAY appear at other lots as a stray, I'm not sure.

I imagine you could try to use a summoner to teleport the pet to the lot.. but I don't know for certain. I've yet to lose a pet. Yet.
Not always true. I've only had one pet run away. He was an elder and the 'hood's bitch. Had very high relationships with the entire family but no collar. I had them call every hour on the hour until the police told them to stop calling. Two generations later, the dog showed up as a stray on another lot and they moved him in just to have him die the next day.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
sasmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 31, 19:36:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not always true. I've only had one pet run away. He was an elder and the 'hood's bitch. Had very high relationships with the entire family but no collar. I had them call every hour on the hour until the police told them to stop calling. Two generations later, the dog showed up as a stray on another lot and they moved him in just to have him die the next day.

omg that so sad I hope max is ok he my first pet to run away i never had this happen before guessi  could go buy new cat  Undecided
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 31, 19:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets can run away??  I guess this is what I get for never purchasing PETZ. 

If you have Nightlife, can they also get run over?

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 31, 19:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Santa doesn't like cookies. He likes people who use punctuation properly.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 31, 21:23:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to take a guess here, but I don't think English is sasmi's native tounge.
eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 31, 21:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A suggestion: You could try playing other families, since the pet may walk by their house, and then befriend it, adopt it, and give it back to the original owner.
 I had a stupid family of wolf breeders once, they had a mother wolf, father wolf and four puppies. As soon as the puppies grew into adulthood they started to chase their father until he ran away. I had given him a collar and immediately reported him missing... and after some days I got a call that the police had found him and if I wanted him back. The same time the policecar arrived everybody got a bad memory and I realized father wolf had just died :O
So the car drove away again, I didn't even get a gravestone. Never tried to breed wolves again Tongue
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 01, 07:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read that if you move the family while a pet has run away then the animal will be removed from the family and placed in the adoption pool.  Maybe you could try that.  It was in the Prima Guide so I don't know how true it is.

ISFJ
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 January 01, 19:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A suggestion: You could try playing other families, since the pet may walk by their house, and then befriend it, adopt it, and give it back to the original owner.
 I had a stupid family of wolf breeders once, they had a mother wolf, father wolf and four puppies. As soon as the puppies grew into adulthood they started to chase their father until he ran away. I had given him a collar and immediately reported him missing... and after some days I got a call that the police had found him and if I wanted him back. The same time the policecar arrived everybody got a bad memory and I realized father wolf had just died :O
So the car drove away again, I didn't even get a gravestone. Never tried to breed wolves again Tongue

When you're trying to breed pets it's best to keep them locked in a fenced in area. When you have a lot of pets hanging around chances are that they will fight and one or more will try to run away. If they're locked into a pen or back yard (with APO denying them access through the house and thus to the street) they will attempt to run away and when it fails the "run away" icon will disappear and your pet will still be right where it's supposed to be (in the pen). IMO, this is the only way to keep your sanity while attempting to run a pet breeding lot.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 January 01, 19:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've lucked out with breeding. More than once, I've had a pet that hated its parents and fought constantly with them, but still stayed. My only runaway was with a pet that was being constantly attacked by strays.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 January 01, 22:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that if a pet shows up on another lot as a stray, the lot residents can call the owners to report a found pet. Not sure of the exact details how this works, but I seem to recall a discussion here about it not long after Pets came out.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 January 02, 18:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you're trying to breed pets it's best to keep them locked in a fenced in area. When you have a lot of pets hanging around chances are that they will fight and one or more will try to run away. If they're locked into a pen or back yard (with APO denying them access through the house and thus to the street) they will attempt to run away and when it fails the "run away" icon will disappear and your pet will still be right where it's supposed to be (in the pen). IMO, this is the only way to keep your sanity while attempting to run a pet breeding lot.

If you're trying to do a legacy, though, you can't.  Every Pet heir has to max all its skills AND top its career, which means leaving the lot.  My cats have a special room with snaps in it, which means their needs are always met.  The social/run away thing can still be a problem, though if you can teach your cats to be playful with others you can (eventually!) direct them to play with others.

The dangerous spot for running away seems to be when the cat returns from work.  This often will happen, annoyingly, right when they get promoted.  I watch like a hawk for their coming home time and make sure someone is ready to greet them with "Come here" or "Go Inside."  After that happens, "Run Away" does indeed disappear from the queue and the cat will go sleep, eat, whatever it needs.

Frankly, I think it's a bit obscene to insist that pets, especially cats, have jobs, but them's the rules.

PB

eenaleor
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 January 02, 19:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I have a single mom who wants to have many babies I find it quite useful that the pet(s) can bring home the money since I dislike NPCs such as nannies. The pets can't watch the kids, so the mother has to Wink
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 January 03, 03:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which reminds me, I need to upload that lot sometime...  I used to work at a horse stables, and I recreated it in my game.  Useless as an actual stables, of course, but it works quite nicely as a kennel.  You can separate each individual pet into their own "stall" if need be, plus the arena is a good training area and the pastures make good areas to keep groups like litters and breeding pairs.  And there's fences galore - no pet is going to escape from that thing.  The office area makes a small but useable home as well.  It's too bad my computer isn't fast enough to deal with the 20+ pets it would take to fill that thing.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 January 03, 03:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes please, do upload, that sounds interesting.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 January 03, 09:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll do it next time I load the game: I can't post it here, the file's too big.  I could barely cram that thing into a 5x6 lot (it's a HUGE building IRL) so it's not something for wimpy computers.  But I'll do the link-to-sheepland thing.  On the plus side, you'd have to really, really suck to have a runaway pet on that lot.  They'd have to make it through two if not three doors or gates that should be locked to pets at all times except during the carpool if you insist on giving your pets jobs.  It's based off a stable that houses horses worth $100,000 or more so you'd better believe that they're not getting out.  I'm thinking of creating a similar but less elaborate kennel on a smaller lot my ancient computer can actually manage sometime.  Maybe based on that vet place I worked at once.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 January 03, 09:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember once a pet walkby (not a runaway) at a lot I was playing. The interaction "check collar" became available, when I had my sim do this the name of the owner was displayed. I assume that a lost pet can be reported in this way.

More F than you
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 January 03, 11:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw someone the other day posted that there were horses and chooks, I think they said, from Simslice and somewhere else. I thought I might try putting some horses in your stables.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
sasmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 January 03, 15:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to take a guess here, but I don't think English is sasmi's native tounge.

i'm english silly but i'm dislexic sorry about my spelling  Grin

wow lot great advise I need try these out to night, talk about breeding pets i found a hack i think it was on modthesims that you can pick your pet and beed it with one in the neighbourhood and boom it done  Grin really handy.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 03, 15:47:34 by sasmi » Logged
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 January 03, 16:00:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'm english silly but i'm dislexic sorry about my spelling  Grin

wow lot great advise I need try these out to night, talk about breeding pets i found a hack i think it was on modthesims that you can pick your pet and beed it with one in the neighbourhood and boom it done  Grin really handy.

It's not about the spelling, it's about the punctuation and capitalization Undecided
sasmi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 January 03, 16:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah i know what you mean  but I am  not good at this sort of thing. I am get help with it at university, i just can't help it but i am trying my best. It not my spelling it my punctuation and capitalization . sorry sound dum but what capitalization mean ~_~ maybe i shouldn't post on here again  Lips sealed this get a bit uncomfortable for me now  Cry
« Last Edit: 2008 January 03, 16:29:47 by sasmi » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: