More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:59:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Continous Community Lot Errors-I Know How Interesting That Sounds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Continous Community Lot Errors-I Know How Interesting That Sounds  (Read 2530 times)
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Continous Community Lot Errors-I Know How Interesting That Sounds
« on: 2007 December 28, 20:23:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit I hardly ever play Community Lots so this problem may have existed in my game for a while and I hadn't seen it until just recently.

I tried to get Dina Caliente to drive to a Community Lot the other night. She would seem to get in the car just fine but then she would "jump" out and end up by the mailbox. I tried replacing the car and the driveway, got the same results. I finally had her call a taxi but once at the Community Lot, my game threw so many errors it was almost impossible (and HIGHLY annoying) to play. She calls a taxi but when the taxi comes, the icon for leaving never shows up in her queue and I can't click on the taxi to get her to get in. I finally had to exit the game without saving, load her lot and the taxi shows up to drop her off.

Then last night, I was playing the Jaquet household and sent Gilbert to J'adore Bakery or whatever it's called, since he's the owner. Same deal, so many repeated error msgs that the game is almost unplayable. I have him close the business and call for a taxi. Same thing, he doesn't get in, can't click on the taxi, etc., etc., Leave the game without saving, load the Jaquet lot, Gilbert comes home from J'adore.

Interesting thing about the error msgs is that they 90% of them on the community lots say something like "Vistor #96, cannot be traced back". I deleted any visitor type of hacks I have and I still get the same unknown, nontracable error.

I have all EPs except for BV and Pets and all stuffit packs except Holidays.

Attached error files.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 29, 02:56:52 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Continous Community Lot Errors-I Know How Interesting That Sounds
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 28, 23:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My guess is you're using the wrong version of twojeffs' Visitor Controller. Never saw that "attempt to call a nil value" error before. I'll have to make note of that.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 28, 23:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have put that in my first post because that was my first thought too, the Visitor Controller by TJ.

Only thing is, I don't have it. I deleted it just the other day because I never use it.

Edited to add: Okay, I ran Clean Installer and didn't find TJ's Visitor Controller anywhere.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 29, 01:32:06 by KellyQ » Logged

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 29, 00:52:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Be sure that you deleted both parts. It comes in two files.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 29, 02:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: