More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:15:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The Endlessly Raking Gardener
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Endlessly Raking Gardener  (Read 13204 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
The Endlessly Raking Gardener
« on: 2007 December 27, 18:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I have the daily gardener, and in the fall, all she does is rake leaves, get exhausted, and leave (this annoyance was mentioned in the thread "Seasons: What mods are you already begging for?").

Does the Winter Flower Fix do anything for this behavior, or should I just give up and get Always Perfect Plants and fire the gardener?  And if I get Always Perfect Plants, would I even need the Winter Flower fix?

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: The Endlessly Raking Gardener
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 27, 23:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the winter flower fix just stops the gardener (and other sims) trying to water dormant flower beds in winter.  When it comes to the leaves...  just have less trees!

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 28, 00:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use a lot of custom pre-Seasons trees on the lot. I use mostly those, putting in just one or two trees if I want compost. My wooded lots only use conifers.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 28, 01:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Raking itself isn't much of a problem, but the gardener insists on throwing out every pile of leaves individually. Because of this, even a couple trees is too much. However, when Sims macro-> garden, they leave the piles where they are. If the gardener would do that, s/he would be able to finish.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 28, 01:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Place compost barrels under the offending trees. Then the gardener will compost for you much faster.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 28, 01:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually get my sims to macro garden and leave the piles of leaves there...  then burn them off at the start of winter.  They stop new leaves from falling, and the gardener generally doesn't try to throw them out.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 28, 08:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're not interested in the leaves at all (e.g. for composting), place the trees on slopes.

However, when Sims macro-> garden, they leave the piles where they are. If the gardener would do that, s/he would be able to finish.

To be honest, I prefer the gardener's way of doing it, because now, I have to direct my sims composting every single pile of leaves. I know I could just let them "gather compostable material", but that takes at least twice as long. Anyway, my gardener has no problems finishing work, but as J.M.P. says, you must place the composters on advantageous spots.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 28, 20:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for these options, everyone.  I give them all a go, and see which one I prefer.

Thanks again!  Smiley

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 28, 23:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note is it possible to sell the compost produced in the compost bins? Several of my houses produce much more compost than they need while my farms could do with this surplus if it could be sold to them at a nice cheap rate.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 29, 00:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a related note is it possible to sell the compost produced in the compost bins? Several of my houses produce much more compost than they need while my farms could do with this surplus if it could be sold to them at a nice cheap rate.

You can't sell compost individually, but I believe you can sell a full bin. You'd need to cover the cost of the bin in your asking price.

Also, if you have the right EPs, you can give full bins as gifts.

Fail.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 29, 08:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use a mod from squinge to reduce raking time.  Because lets face it your not going to spend all day raking just because you have 4 or 5 trees.  I think the time is a bit more sane with his mod.  It still takes quite a while if you got alot of trees but at least it doesn't take all day.
Squinge
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2016 May 22, 09:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally I can reply not in the "all hail St. Squinge" post it wouldn't let me, and I know it's years later but I just want to say to the haters fuck you and to J.M. Pescado blow me!
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2016 May 22, 15:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bruh, it has been nine years...

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2016 May 22, 18:18:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bruh, it has been nine years...

Shhhh. It's all it has to live for.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: