More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 09:47:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Unneeded Coats??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Unneeded Coats??  (Read 5123 times)
Grapholina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No Unneeded Coats??
« on: 2007 December 27, 18:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had "dress for class" in my downloads, and I think that was messing the Sims and they were keeping their coats on inside.  So I installed the unneeded coats hack, and now my Sims won't even put coats on to go outside, and if I direct them to change via the coat tree, then they can't change back to regular clothing.

I took out the "dress for class" hack, and kept the No Unneeded Coats one.  Same deal.   Any ideas?  I don't have any hacks in my Downloads except for Pescado hacks.

Help!  I hate it that those stupid Sims go to class in underwear and PJs.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: No Unneeded Coats??
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 27, 20:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Dress for class" is not a Pescado hack, or if it is, it isn't a recent one. Is it possible that you've put some old/otherwise unsupported hacks in your Pescado folder?

Try removing your Pescado folder, and redownloading the DC.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Grapholina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 27, 21:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Dress for class" is not a Pescado hack, or if it is, it isn't a recent one. Is it possible that you've put some old/otherwise unsupported hacks in your Pescado folder?

Try removing your Pescado folder, and redownloading the DC.

Nope.  All hacks in my hacks folder are Pescado.  I removed the dress for class hack, and I have now also removed the No Unneeded coats.  So now nobody wears a coat anywhere.  GRRRR!  Is this fixable or do I need to trash the hood and start over?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 27, 21:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What you describe sounds like normal behavior. Are you sure you understand what those hacks do?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 27, 23:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To the best of my knowledge, No Unneeded coats only covered Vampires.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 27, 23:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure it's cold enough for them to need coats?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 27, 23:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nounneeded coats affects all sims. They will not put coats on unless the temperature is low enough (by Pescado's standards), even when walk-bys and other non-playables are wearing their coats. Vampires will never wear coats, because they are undead, and thus cannot die from freezing. I removed the hack because I wanted my sims to wear coats when it snows, regardless of temperature. I don't really care if my vampires wear coats, or not.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 27, 23:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, I have that hack but the Maxian behavior was so silly, they rarely put coats on correctly in the first place.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 28, 01:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The original Maxian behavior already has a large number of extremely broken aspects that we have yet to find an entirely working solution for. I tried to make it snow-sensitive, but the BHAV only fires at ALL if the temperature is in the "cold" range, regardless of anything else, and the snow is entirely decoupled from the temperature.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Grapholina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 28, 01:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good answers.  Yes, I'm sure I know what the hacks do.  Yes, I'm positive it is freezing cold outside since my Sims are turning blue.  One actually curled up in the fetal position outside in the snow and I had to use MoveObjects to get the stupid thing indoors.

I've removed all hacks (at this point) and still nada.   Cry

Anyway, should I keep working with this or should I just dump the hood and start over?  Wouldn't matter to me; but the no coats thing is bugging me worse than going to class in underwear or pjs.  Ugh.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: