More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 16:20:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lost neighborhoods
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost neighborhoods  (Read 2273 times)
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Lost neighborhoods
« on: 2008 January 02, 20:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason I thought that if I deleted the Veronaville (N003) and Riverblossom (G001 I think) folders from the Neighborhoods folder the game would magically regenerate them.  I don't know where I got this idea... probably just made it up because I r dum.  Anyway, can someone tell me how to get the game to make a new Veronaville/Riverblossom (if possible) or at least point me to a place with decent instructions?

Edit:
I just had an idea.  I know if you take out the Neighborhoods folder the game will make a new one with the base 'hoods.  Could I do that, then put the new Veronaville and Riverblossom into the old Neighborhoods folder and replace the new one with the old one?  Or would the game not recognize it?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Lost neighborhoods
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 02, 20:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's easy-just rename your Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2 folder to 'The Sims 2backup' and run the game. The game will then generate a whole new folder containing all the original maxis neighbourhoods. You can then shut down the game and drag the neighbourhood folders you require* to your 'proper' The Sims 2 folder. Just be careful you don't overwrite your custom hoods. Delete the new Sims 2 folder your game generated and rename the original one back to 'The Sims 2'

*Riverblossom is G001, Pleasantview is N001, Strangetown is N002 and Veronaville is N003. Just in case you forgot. Wink

SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
Re: Lost neighborhoods
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 02, 20:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All fixed now.  Thanks for your help.  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: