More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 09:59:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Seriously bugged Drama profs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Seriously bugged Drama profs  (Read 4140 times)
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Seriously bugged Drama profs
« on: 2005 October 20, 16:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew that Drama profs are programmed to be in love with their students before I had my Sim start a relationship with one, but I don't remember seeing this problem before.

Drama profs get the floaty crossed-out double smileyface above their heads whenever they have an interaction with someone who isn't their best friend.  This isn't limited to students, either.  They also get a "lost Sim as best friend" memory for EVERY interaction.  This stops when they actually become best friends with the Sim, but they end up with hundreds of losing best friends memories.  Before Nightlife, I've seen Sims interact with Drama profs without the floaty smileyfaces and memory spam.

Drama profs, even after you move them into the base neighborhood, fall in love with EVERYONE they meet, and keep adding to their "lost best friend" memory collection.

Maybe the patch fixes this, but I see an early grave for my "confused" professor Wink

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Seriously bugged Drama profs
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 20, 16:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started a thread on this topic a week or so ago - http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=985.0

As you will see, it's quite a common problem!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 20, 16:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  So, if I have a Drama student who wants to be friends with a Drama prof, could I avoid the "lost best friend" memory spam by limiting their relationship to the telephone? 

I can deal with the professors' amour fou, but gazillions of crap memories aren't good.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 20, 17:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would imagine just talking on the phone would avoid all the memory spamming, yes.  Then again, you can never tell with Drama professors.  One phone call could just cause them to appear uninvited on your lot!

I did consider removing all the repeat memories in SimPE, but then decided to leave them in as they're quite amusing to look at.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 20, 18:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just noticed this the other day when I decided to have my Romance sim romance the drama professor in his quest to woohoo with 20 sims.  I assumed this crossed out smiley faces icon was due to the game checking the best friends status after each interaction and seeing it was lost.  I can't say whether this happened before NL though because I never really played intensively with them.  It is annoying though.  But I figured that once he got her to woohoo he wouldn't have to mess with her too much other than calling her on his friends list to keep up his relationships.  Roll Eyes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 19:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really loathe the professors and the students unhealthy obsession with them all. I use an older version of Twojeffs class/exam fix, version 1.2. It completely eliminates meeting the professors. Sorry but they don't need to socialize with them. Our adult sims don't come home having met their bosses (there are boss npcs too, their icon portrait will show up when you call in sick) and then immediately want to befriend them all.

Unfortunately, that version of TwoJeffs hack is no longer on MTS2 and he doesn't have it up on VS either. I'll attach it here and hopefully he won't mind. I've been using it in my game for a long time now, even with NL and with the NL patch, with no problems and also no professor headaches.

[attachment deleted by admin]

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 19:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Our adult sims don't come home having met their bosses (there are boss npcs too, their icon portrait will show up when you call in sick) and then immediately want to befriend them all.
The portrait doesn't show up anymore if you have JM's last version of the phonehack before NL (and possibly the one after NL).  He squashed that useless NPC, he called them.  There was no reason for that NPC to exist, LOL.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 23:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they were a leftover from a planned but scrapped bring the boss home scenario, or so I've heard. I guess it was to be sort of like the headmaster one but given how buggy the headmaster is we aren't missing much. Wink

I used to give the bosses and some other service npcs like cops and delivery people jobs in SimPE hoping my sims might bring them home with them from work some time. They never did, but I rarely have sims bring someone home from work with them (kids bringing friends home from school is another story) so I don't know if it doesn't work or it just never actually happened but works in theory.  Undecided

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 21, 06:57:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes..in my situation I posted in ancientsim's thread mine also got the memory spam of lost so and so as a best friend after every interaction they performed.

I made a mistake of trying to marrying that damned homewrecker off to Dirk after she ruined he and Lilith's marriage.

It was the shortest marriage in sim history lol

In a memory lapse I invited Angela and Dustin to the wedding...forgetting that she was already in love with them both.

They got to the alter..got married...as the party continued all was fine until Dirk decided to take out the trash.  The slimey prof decided to make a pass at Dustin (thankfully Angela wasn't in the room or I would be dealing with 2 failed marriages)  She jumped into Dustin's arms and Dustin threw her to the ground.  Just as she landed on the ground Dirk walked into the kitchen and of course became enraged at his new wife and best friend.

I was a bit upset that Dirk was mad at Dustin when he had just thrown her to the ground.  I had them reconcile but the stupid drama professor got kicked out ASAP.  That marriage only lasted like 3 hours lol

I am with Motoki...the students obsession with their professors need to stop.  Family sims in my game at least..seem to be the worst.  As soon as they come back from a class all they want to do is constantly be friends with their professors..and then best friends...bleh.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 21, 09:48:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another victim of those pesky professors...well, almost! I only invited them home once, to achieve best friends status (I was in the mid-40s LTR, so a couple of Bust A Move - Admire - Hug Friendly was all I needed). Thank goodness my reflexes are fast. As soon as I greeted them, I see male one (don't know his original name, I've renamed him to Sergei Tsvirkurnikov, not as tongue-breaking as his original I guess) attemting a hug/leap into arms. I paused, canceled the interaction, and moved the sim away, thus avoiding the ridicule. The professor, undaunted, tries the same feat on the other sim, while the female professsor tries to launch on my first sim. After a few unsuccesful tries on their behalf, I quickly pulled my own "rapido-friend" stuff and sent them away. Sure enough, I exited the game and checked them out in SimPE. There they were, the whole string of Lost blahblahblah as best friend. I deleted all those fake memories and check them out in SimPE whenever I play with the Drama-attending students. Even a phonecall returns the In Love flag to the professors, but as long as they can't reach my sims through the telephone, I simply uncheck the boxes whenever I load SimPE. Drama indeed! Coincidentally, my hometown is named Drama...

Let the Beast inside you free!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: