More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 22:40:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Missing J.M.'s hacks...........
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing J.M.'s hacks...........  (Read 37907 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Missing J.M.'s hacks...........
« Reply #75 on: 2005 October 26, 14:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki - I do use the NL version of bathroomusesyou. Sometimes sims go in for other purposes and get ejected, it's a very small price to pay. Smiley
Then they shouldn't go in there for other purposes. No loitering in the bathroom!
Some reasons sims go in the bathroom for other purposes besides toilet or shower:  Washing dishes because someone is using the dishwasher or it's broken, to bathe a child, and sometimes babies get left in the bathroom when the parent gets kicked out and can't leave by themselves like toddlers, parents or other sims go in to pick up the baby who has been left or sometimes birthed in the bathroom and get kicked out before they can pick them up.  Most of the time, I can direct them to pick up the baby or clean up the plate and they will do it, or if the baby controller pushes the action, I think they are able to do it.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 26, 17:33:15 by rainbow » Logged
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 October 26, 17:27:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[Some reasons sims go in the bathroom for other purposes besides toilet or shower:  Washing dishes because someone is using the dishwasher or it's broken, to bathe a child, and sometimes babies get left in the bathroom when the parent gets kicked out and can't leave by themselves like toddlers, parents or other sims go in to pick up the baby who has been left or sometimes birthed in the bathroom and get kicked out before they can pick them up.  Most of the time, I can direct them to pick up the baby or clean up th eplate and they will do it, or if the baby controller pushes the action, I think they are able to do it.
my sims invariably go in the bathroom to "check themselves out" in the mirror

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 October 26, 17:35:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims invariably go in the bathroom to "check themselves out" in the mirror
Yeah, I forgot about that, or gussy up, and I used to send them in there to practice charisma, but I've quit putting mirrors in the bathrooms even though that's where most homes have them, because no one can use the bathroom while they are in there.  And I quit putting them in bedrooms because when sims practice charisma it wakes up sleeping sims, although other stuff doesn't, like the toddler's rabbit toy.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 October 26, 18:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I forgot about that, or gussy up, and I used to send them in there to practice charisma, but I've quit putting mirrors in the bathrooms even though that's where most homes have them, because no one can use the bathroom while they are in there.  And I quit putting them in bedrooms because when sims practice charisma it wakes up sleeping sims, although other stuff doesn't, like the toddler's rabbit toy.
the only way I have  mirrors in the bathroom now are if the house I downloaded came that way or I have a single sim living on the lot.ie I have Justin in my game now and I have a mirror for him as he is living alone on a lot after his divorce. but I rarely ever see him checking himself out. I think maybe its because he is to busy thinking about dating and romance to care about his pixelated hottie looks. this sims woohoo drive is insatiable. Wink

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 October 26, 19:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sims are loitering in the bathroom just to check themselves out, they SHOULD get thrown out. That's the point!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 October 26, 19:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your sims are loitering in the bathroom just to check themselves out, they SHOULD get thrown out. That's the point!
one would think so any way but instead of throwing the vain sim out of the bathroom  my sims stand there and complain  about the sim that is busy checking themselves out ;DI end up having to cancel the check out self Icon in the vainsim's qeue and send the sim outside or that sim will go right back to checking themselves out.another thing that is annoying and we need a hack or mod for is when I have a sim taking a bath another sim will get the Idea that they have to "clean the bathtub" right then and there! while having the nerve to complain that they cant clean the bath tub because its in use by another sim at the time. no matter how many times I cancel the clean the bathtub or toilet icon it reappears instantly in the sims qeue. I end up sending my  would be cleaner on a run around the lot by saying run here  and run there

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 October 26, 20:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done that- made the sim run to each of the 4 corners of the lot to get his mind off of whatever it was that he was obsessing over. Kind of funny to watch. But then I think bladder desperation is funny on my sims.

I'm still missing that nocrybabies hack, big time. I've currently got a lot of fighting going on on my lot! The crying completely ruins the moment for me.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 October 27, 00:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still missing that nocrybabies hack, big time. I've currently got a lot of fighting going on on my lot! The crying completely ruins the moment for me.

The crying was directly responsible for the murder of one of my Legacy Sims - the heir's husband and boyfriend got into a big fight and the husband spent the next few days bawling. He was already annoying me, and that was the last straw...he was always very bad at feeding himself without directions, and I must have...forgotten somehow to send him to the fridge. Or to get anyone to serve food. Oops.

*settles in to wait for the Nightlife drop to JM's bunker*
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 October 27, 03:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the hack that has the kids step away from the school bus door before whipping out their report cards? Which one is that? I forget. And does it work with NL, anyone know? I have a house full of teens and it takes forever to get them all off the bus!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 October 27, 03:46:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the hack that has the kids step away from the school bus door before whipping out their report cards? Which one is that? I forget. And does it work with NL, anyone know? I have a house full of teens and it takes forever to get them all off the bus!
nocheeringhack

No Cheering Hack (v4b) for TS2 v1.0-1.0p2 & TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
1. Extended A+ Cheer
2. Bus Unloading Clog

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks.
Tested for TS2 1.0-1.0p2 & TS2U v1.0.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 October 27, 19:07:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been and gone by my count...  Huh Which means he's too busy elsewhere, possibly?
No, it hasn't arrived yet. The game only came out mid-Sept, so it's barely even been 6 weeks yet. It should probably arrive soon.

Never was much good at counting (despite working in a bank eons ago Lips sealed), so forgive the impatience, oh worshipful one... But we are waiting with breath baited, as it were.

Meh...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 October 27, 19:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been and gone by my count...  Huh Which means he's too busy elsewhere, possibly?
No, it hasn't arrived yet. The game only came out mid-Sept, so it's barely even been 6 weeks yet. It should probably arrive soon.

Never was much good at counting (despite working in a bank eons ago Lips sealed), so forgive the impatience, oh worshipful one... But we are waiting with breath baited, as it were.
ah very true  Tongue

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 October 27, 20:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nocheeringhack

No Cheering Hack (v4b) for TS2 v1.0-1.0p2 & TS2U v1.0
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
1. Extended A+ Cheer
2. Bus Unloading Clog

Thanks! I yanked that one out of my downloads folder once I found out the cheering thing had been fixed with NL. Didn't even think about the bus-clogging issue.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 October 28, 02:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks! I yanked that one out of my downloads folder once I found out the cheering thing had been fixed with NL. Didn't even think about the bus-clogging issue.
Me either...until you mentioned it. Smiley
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: 2005 October 30, 23:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been lurking and what not. Been mostly busy anyways with other crap in life. Tongue But I still try and keep a hopeful, watchful eye waiting for Pescado to get NL and hopefully update his hacks. In particular, I really want the romancemod updated. Tongue Hopefully it will address the insanity that is now the super mutated monster that is jealousy.  Roll Eyes That, and hopefully tone down the furious state, either as part of the romancemod or something totally separate but complementary. It is just totally insanely ridiculous just how super easy it is for sims to get all furious.

Anyhew, in addition to that, and being far too lazy to go scouring about seeing if other people have mentioned all of these already, but I noticed that some hacks are missing from the "Official" NL list as put out by Dr. Boris. The following MIA hacks are:

toastinghack
tippingfix
plumbinglessbreak
payatbox
outfitplanner
noroutefail
nofraternization
nodeanspam
lesswhiny
housepartyfix
easybreakup
antiprankhack

nonpcspam

I did not see whether these are NL compatible, required or has an update pending, have been made obsolete by NL or the patch, or will be abandoned and no longer supported altogether.

Will someone please kindly comment on whether any of these hacks either work with NL, and to their knowledge, does not conflict with the game. When I get a chance, I plan to take some time and compare the BHAVs to see if anything changed codewise, but I've been a bit pre-occupied. I was just curious if anyone knew off the top of their head whether these work or not. I believe the nonpcspam is an alpha test anyways, but I had all of these working in Uni.

Thanks in advance for any help you can spare. Smiley

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 October 31, 02:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noroutefail seems to work as does nodeanspam. Lesswhiny definitely does NOT work so do not use it. It will make sims stand around and do nothing and basically turns autonomy off even for sims you aren't playing. Inge has a variation similar hack that more or less does the same thing and is NL compatible. Not sure about a lot of the others as I haven't put them back.

I don't bother with payatthebox because macrotastics has a macro to grab and pay the bills and as long as you have a little table near the mailbox, they will get the mail, put the bills on the table, pick them up and 'render onto caesar' all at once.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 October 31, 08:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can find CBoy's lesswhiny here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=643.msg23592#msg23592

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 October 31, 17:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use payatbox if you have NL. If you get something like a restaurant coupon, then the animations for Macro.../Pay Bills and Get Mail constantly repeat without the Sim ever getting anything out of the mailbox.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 01, 02:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use payatbox if you have NL. If you get something like a restaurant coupon, then the animations for Macro.../Pay Bills and Get Mail constantly repeat without the Sim ever getting anything out of the mailbox.
I found that out the hard way after the Repo man showed up and repossessed the kids toy Box and a kitchen Counter

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 November 01, 11:57:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, even with Crammyboy's less whiny my sims bitch a whole lot more than they used to. I put the no route fail back in and that doesn't seem to help too much with it either. I'm not sure if it was those hacks or others, but prior to NL I used to have it so my sims never so much as made a complaining peep but now it seems like they are always bitching about something.  Angry

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 November 01, 12:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What pisses me off is they'll stand next to the computer while it's being repaired and keep complaining about it then when the repairman is finished they'll go and do something else.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 November 02, 01:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What pisses me off is they'll stand next to the computer while it's being repaired and keep complaining about it then when the repairman is finished they'll go and do something else.
or how about the complaining they do when they just have to clean the bath tub ast the exact moment a dirty sim is is taking a bath. Roll Eyes but the minute the dirty sim is done they head off elsewhere

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 November 02, 11:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I refuse to give up "no eat crap" and "no buskers".    I tried a subsitute for no buskers but I did not like it because it made the music instruments so that no sim could use them without being directed too, even on the college downtown lots.

If JM does not get the game soon and fix the"No eat crap", I am going to start cying, and you know how he hates wuzzies, even if you are a girl  Grin   

He would probably get real mad and say "there's no crying in baseball"
Like in the Tom Hanks movie.     Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: