More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 07:17:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Missing J.M.'s hacks...........
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Missing J.M.'s hacks...........  (Read 37702 times)
Braveheart
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Missing J.M.'s hacks...........
« on: 2005 October 20, 15:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sad  Man, I miss the phone hack, the autoyak hack, the baby controller hack. Any idea when these hacks (and others) will be up for download again? I know J.M. says he doesn't have the game at this point, but couldn't someone who does help him out with the updating? Go ahead rip my lips off! Go for the whole head if you like, but I believe my addiction to your hacks is actually partly your fault J.M.. If I had never tasted them, I would have never become so dependant. I will continue to wait, but man the agony is killing me. Come to think of it....you may not have the opportunity to rip any part of me off, the agony will kill me first!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Missing J.M.'s hacks...........
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 20, 15:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They already are. Wink Well some of them. Phonehack for NL is in testing. Pretty much works okay too.

The baby controller released pre-NL seems to work fine for me and some others. YMMV

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 20, 15:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The autoyak works in Nightlife, though with some icon weirdness (i.e. displays "Groups.../Manage Groups" or "Call.../Crank Call" instead of "Call.../Friends". There is a updated phonehack trial in the Nightlife testing ground, and I'm not sure what's wrong with the baby controller.

EDIT: Motoki beat me to it...

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 20, 15:57:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The autoyakyak works fine for me as does the autosocialize hack.  I really don't pay attention to the icons because they were a little weird even before NL.  The phonehack in testing for NL works well, just a few minor glitches such as sims teleporting to your lot after hanging up, which I have not experienced but a few times, and sims losing their animations when chatting on the phone.  This bug was introduced in Uni but was fixed in NL.  But it's back again and I traced it to the phonehack, but I can live with it for now. 

The baby controller works well, you just can't rotate the "eye," and you can't pick up the child directly.  You have to tell your sim to put them in the crib or to do something to the child to get them to pick them up.  I have been using Inge's new  Less autonomy baby care patch instead of Pescado's no baby harrassment, and they seem to work well together.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 20, 16:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been using Inge's new  Less autonomy baby care patch instead of Pescado's no baby harrassment, and they seem to work well together.

I was wondering if Inge's hack worked with the baby controller so it sounds like it does. I took it out (the controller) but miss it because it has some features I like such as the IQ checker and always smart milk.

Do you also use lobonanny and if so does that work okay with Inge's hack because I know hers was supposed to effect the nanny.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 20, 16:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh - I'd be surprised if you could use my hack at the same time as Pescado's.  Well, I haven't looked at his code but his was so pervasive it just has to overlap in places surely?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 20, 16:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing with the eyeball controller is it seems like it's set up to be able to turn its functions off and on but I'm not sure if it would still overlap and conflict overwriting your functions with his (or vice versa) or you'd get his functions with it on and yours with it off.

To be honest, I still never was clear on what the distinction between the controller and no baby harassment is except that you can turn the controller on and off.

I do rather like being able to tell their "IQ" (whether they are smart milk'ed or just generally what a sim's learning speed is) and I don't know of any hack that does that other than the eyeball.  Undecided

LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 20, 16:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

me too.   I have found a subsitute for the "no baby harrasment"  I am using the "less autonamy baby care package"   but it is not as good as JM's

I am using djsnodrums, nopiano and so forth in place of the "no buskers"  ,  it can't hold a candle to JM's

I am still using JM's,   no eatcrap,  even if I am missing out on some of the downtown social eating interactions,  I am keeping it until he can update.

I wish his parents would give him his allowance for the game,  or maybe they are buying it for him for Christmas.    Grin

of course we all  deceided he was a young kid and not an old man likes he claims to be.   Wink
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 20, 16:24:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps I should take a look inside and see what they directly touch.  Mine patches the objects themselves - the crib, the bath, the sink and the fridge, reducing autonomy on the childcare related interactions on those.  Additionally it prevents babies and toddlers falling asleep on the floor so when you do want the parent to care for them they don't keep failing because the child has crashed out.  Basically it's just a few little tweaks that I did mainly because that's how I wanted it for my own game.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 20, 16:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I remember him saying his indirectly pushed sims to do certain actions. At one point I asked if it would work with your no-autonomy fridge because, I keep one in the nursery for easy access to baby bottles but got tired of people going in there for potato chips  Roll Eyes , and he said it would work with it since it pushed the action for them to get the bottle into the queue (as opposed to an autonomous action I suppose).

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 20, 16:39:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought, Motoki.  He said it was as if you gave the sim the instruction yourself, it's not autonomous.  I had no problem using the no autonomy fridge, but again, Inge said it didn't affect them getting bottles anyway.  I would appreciate your looking at it though, Inge, since you know more about the code.  Admittedly, I have not played toddlers extensively since installing your patch because I have been trying to graduate my YAs and get the next generation started. Smiley   I just played it for a while and didn't noticed any big problems at the time.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 16:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the new phone hack, and I'm constantly having people teleport to my sim's house after talking to them, even if they just call and ask if soandso is home, and I say no. However, this might actually be NL and not the hack... does anyone else have this problem?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 16:41:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish his parents would give him his allowance for the game,  or maybe they are buying it for him for Christmas.    Grin

of course we all  deceided he was a young kid and not an old man likes he claims to be.   Wink

Did we?  First I've heard of this, although it would explain why he has to wait so long for the game.  Is he some sort of computer genius/boffin/nerdy-type teenager, then?  

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 20, 16:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the new phone hack, and I'm constantly having people teleport to my sim's house after talking to them, even if they just call and ask if soandso is home, and I say no. However, this might actually be NL and not the hack... does anyone else have this problem?
I have not had this problem, but then again, I am using Dizzy2's autolateral phone calls hack that automatically takes care of it when sims call to talk to someone.  I also use dma sims dmaTeleporter with the Caller ID and I keep my sims so busy that I have pretty much stopped answering my sims phone, LOL.  If it's someone I want them to talk to, I'll have them call them back.  On the occasions they get away from me and answer the phone, dizzy's hack will have them either say they aren't home or put it on hold for the other sim without me having to click anything.  Then I can cancel it from their queue if I want.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 20, 16:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah - we all know he's in prison and the Wing Governor is still playing the game to make sure it's suitable.

Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 20, 16:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did we?  First I've heard of this, although it would explain why he has to wait so long for the game.  Is he some sort of computer genius/boffin/nerdy-type teenager, then? 
See the thread "JMP and NL" for more conspiracy theories. I am now thinking that JM's copy of Nightlife has to go through the same process as the "Request to save Vogon grandmother from Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal" forms from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 20, 17:05:27 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 20, 16:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, this might actually be NL and not the hack... does anyone else have this problem?

I have and I don't have any phone hacks in at all. I don't remember the exact circumstances, but my sim was talking to his roommate's brother on the phone and the kid appeared on the lot (standing below the porch actually... wasn't a big deal, but definately happens.

Oh, and I'm taking my chances and letting them have mobile phones, so it was a mobile.

Unsouper
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 20, 17:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem similar to that once, but in my case I narrowed it down to the first NL version of TwoJeffs no autonomous napping mod (I believe it's since been updated).  When my sims talked on the phone the sim to which they were talking would suddenly appear next to them and they would immediately hang up the phone, then the other sim would disappear.  It was very bizarre, but once I took out the no autonomous napping everything was back to normal.

However, someone else here has said they have that problem with the new phone hack, too, so I'm guessing your problem is not the same as mine was.  In fact, I don't even know for sure why I'm posting this! LOL

At any rate, the phone hack is one I truly miss.  I'd forgotten just how difficult it is for shy sims to make friends until I didn't have it!

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 20, 17:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I need to go back to Simlogical. I went there specifically for the babycare patch and got distracted with the home-schooling system, security system, etc. I forgot all about the patch. And as anyone who's read some of my recent threads knows, I certainly need some kind of baby-care management!

And why do sims keep potato chips in the refrigerator, anyway?
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 20, 17:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That way no matter how long it's been since they've been bought, they won't go stale. Wink

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 20, 17:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah - we all know he's in prison and the Wing Governor is still playing the game to make sure it's suitable.
If that's the case, he'll never get it.
That's a good question.  I guess for the same reason they keep cookies in there.  They can't keep anything but pots and pans and utensils under the counters, and they don't have any cupboards overhead.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 20, 18:06:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they put dishes in the dishwasher, never to be seen again...
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 20, 18:08:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I think it's a garbage disposal, not a dish washer.  It gets me when they put what looks like a full plate of lobster thermidor in there and they never have to clean it out!
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 20, 18:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that dishwasher is more than just a dishwasher.  It's a garbage disposal, too!

Actually, I like the way their whole dish thing works.  They put them in the dishwasher, then when they serve food they magically appear!  I wish my kitchen was that efficient! LOL

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 20, 18:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too. From one platter springs 8 plates! And no need to rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher, just put them in as-is flies and all! If you don't have a dishwasher, no problem. The dishes go down the drain quite easily.

The trash compactor is kind of funny, too. If a sim tries to empty it but can't because their sim-Goddess (ahem) mistakenly deleted their trash can, he'll just drop the garbage on the floor at which point it can be put back in the trash compactor.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: