More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 15:19:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vacation townies as playables
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vacation townies as playables  (Read 5323 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Vacation townies as playables
« on: 2007 December 31, 14:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I made the mistake of having one of my playables fall in love with a vacation townie.  They got married, she moved into the household, everything seemed fine.  Until I sent her and the rest of the family on vacation.  Turns out the ex-townie is unable to eat on hotel lots.  She can order room service but doesn't seem able to eat anything (the other members of the family are fine).  She sits down, starts to eat, immediately stops.  I placed a vacation "food station" thingie (don't know what they're called - the ones with the chef and 4 seats) on the hotel lot and although everyone else can use it with no problem, this ex-vacation-townie can't.  She can eat if I send her to a community lot but not on the hotel lot.  Weird.

Another odd thing - her hunger got down all the way in the red on this hotel lot, but she did not die.  I have "nouniprotect" installed but I guess it doesn't prevent vacation townies from dying.  (I want to investigate this further - I thought it was possible for Sims to die on vacation, no?)

I don't know if I have a hack conflict, or if vacation townies are just not designed to be able to eat like normal Sims while on vacation.  Has anybody else tried this?

Karen
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Vacation townies as playables
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 31, 15:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my Sims married a vacation townie while on vacation. She had no problems eating for the duration of the vacation. They have not gone on vacation since, however, so I don't know whether that would present problems or not.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 31, 19:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your turn on the testing cheats, do any error messages pop up when you have the Sim eat?  That would probably indicate a hack conflict or other abnormality.

Do you have any hacks that modify food?

Try taking out nouniprotect if you think that may be the issue and see if it helps.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 01, 00:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always run with debug mode turned on.  It didn't throw any errors when this happened.

Karen
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 01, 01:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but are you using a custom-content refrigerator?  A lot of the custom refrigerators are not updated for seasons.
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 01, 01:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a lot of the vacation townies and have no trouble.  The only ones I do have trouble with are the NPC's.  I currently have an unsavory charalatan and a tour guide as playable and they're really screwed up, but I doubt they're meant to be played.  Aside from them, the regular vacation townies are no problem as playables.

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 01, 09:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, this may be a stupid question, but are you using a custom-content refrigerator?  A lot of the custom refrigerators are not updated for seasons.

No, I'm not, and even if I was....this problem occurs only on a hotel lot, not at home.  I don't have any custom content on this hotel lot at all.  I suppose there probably is a Maxis fridge somewhere on that hotel lot, to serve the restaurant, but I've never used it.

It's also entirely possible that the hotel lot is borked in some way.  Oh well, it's not a big deal, I just won't send her on vacations anymore.

Karen
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 01, 09:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've said that before, but then I wonder that what else is broken and how. I used an old version of a mod once, I knew it was incompatible but used it anyway. All that appeared to be failing was I was unable to send my sims to community lots via own car. Seemed to work fine otherwise, didn't see that bad until other things started breaking and the portals wouldn't function properly. It didn't happen straight away but bad things happen when unfixed. If my BFBVFS hood still works I might be able to do some tests with invited vacation sims.

Added:
My CAS and vacation townie sim could eat fine at the hotel lot, neither would die to starvation though. They both just stood around complaining about how hungry they were. Encountered 2 bugs though while playing, one of the room service meals wasn't delivered (others were fine) and when I trying walking to another lot to test starvation there too with both my sims only 1 of them arrived.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 01, 16:57:36 by Aner-Dyfan » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 01, 18:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you exit and reload the game between moving her in and taking them on vacation?  I think when a character changes status all the changes are not read properly till you reload the game.
« Last Edit: 2008 January 01, 18:32:27 by Inge » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 01, 19:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you exit and reload the game between moving her in and taking them on vacation?  I think when a character changes status all the changes are not read properly till you reload the game.

That's a possibility.  I am positive that I exited the lot after moving her in, but I'm not sure I actually shut down the game before playing that lot again.

My CAS and vacation townie sim could eat fine at the hotel lot, neither would die to starvation though. They both just stood around complaining about how hungry they were.

That's what I saw too.  I would love to see a hack to fix this.  Sort of a "nouniprotect" for hotel lots?

Karen

Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 01, 20:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have "nouniprotect" installed but I guess it doesn't prevent vacation townies from dying.
Did you remove the nouniprotect and see what happened?

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: