More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 19:47:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can I export a possibly bugged hood and reinstall my game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I export a possibly bugged hood and reinstall my game?  (Read 2540 times)
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Can I export a possibly bugged hood and reinstall my game?
« on: 2008 February 10, 10:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted a clean neighbourhood with custom townies, so I followed Jordi's clean custom neighbourhood for seasons, but I was stupid and impatient and did it wrong.

Now the invisible "weather" neighbourhood appears in the neighbourhood selection screen. I haven't gone into it, because I have no idea what the game would do and anyway why would I want to? I haven't in fact gone into any neighbourhood except for my custom one.

I have all EPs except Pets and BV (As far as I know, pets is the only other one with an invisible hood.)

The custom neighbourhood I made does seem a bit buggy, but I don't know whether it's related to the fact I borked the cleaning out of the neighbourhoods, or just standard nightlife+ bugs.

Off the top of my head:
Children grow up occasionally without a LTW. I used the lot debugger to fix this.

Using zombie apocalypse, I made a playable into a zombie. When I went to the lot she lived on, she looked like a zombie and made the groaning noises, and had the option to "Eat brains" but she walked like a normal sim.

The social worker gets stuck on a lot when children are taken away. When all the children are gone and the social worker is leaving she freezes (usually unhelpfully in a doorway) I have tried fixing this with the lot debugger but the game sends another one and then they both end up stuck (and the parents get bad memory spam) the next time I had this happen I left it for about 5 minutes and she unstuck herself. But still, it shouldn't be happening.

I got a random error message about one of my simkids' townie friends. I just sent him home (sorry can't attach log because it's on my other PC, will do later.) but I rarely have debug mode on which is why it was unusual, other than the fact he didn't appear to be borked.

Lines in speech bubbles, and the invisible sim in thought bubble bug. (I have heard of this but don't know what causes it apart from moving a sim or family between neighbourhoods or deleting out of the family bin, neither of which I have done)

--

Basically, I just want to know if I can back up the neighbourhood and then reinstall the whole game, or if I even need to (I'd rather not because that means finding all the discs.)

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can I export a possibly bugged hood and reinstall my game?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 February 10, 11:32:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using zombie apocalypse, I made a playable into a zombie. When I went to the lot she lived on, she looked like a zombie and made the groaning noises, and had the option to "Eat brains" but she walked like a normal sim.
That's a state-change consistency issue. When a sim suffers a state change on another lot, the sim's state may not fully "reflect" when you return to the lot where it was normal. Give it some time to regain normality.

Basically, I just want to know if I can back up the neighbourhood and then reinstall the whole game, or if I even need to (I'd rather not because that means finding all the discs.)
It is unknown what would cause all those weird errors. Are there any error logs that result?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
simsfreq
Exasperating Eyesore

ENTP

View Profile
Re: Can I export a possibly bugged hood and reinstall my game?
« Reply #2 on: 2008 February 10, 12:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I just realised if I delete or reset the sim they walk correctly. I'm playing with debug mode consantly on now so if any error logs come up I can post them.

Time has gathered us here by coincidence; that's why what we say doesn't make any sense.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: