More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 16:37:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stra-Fu#@!! TS2Ehn.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stra-Fu#@!! TS2Ehn.  (Read 13847 times)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Stra-Fu#@!! TS2Ehn.
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 19, 05:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you use the "Delete All Characters" cheat? I know that borks TS2 Enhancer.
The same thing happened to me for the same reason that Reggikko mentions. If you have Deleted All Characters then SimEnhancer throws that error. I'm guessing it's looking for particular sims at the beginning of the list.

Even worse news, that message usually indicates SimEnhancer has broken the hood. Twice it happened to me. Luckily I had backups, I hope you have backups.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 19, 10:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

indeed the problem is in your c:\appz forlders\EA Games\[exp]\tsbin\... etc etc
if you waste your game folder TS2Enh. gone crazy

Exactly, I thought he was MaxmillianPS before I saw his avatar.
i'm in the MaximilianPs's contact list, maybe it's 'cause of him  Grin

it's not my fault if you didn't study english at school but play with navalbattle  Angry
btw i've made it too Grin
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 19, 10:54:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're better off asking for help on the TS2 Enhancer forums.  You'll get no sympathy here I'm afraid.

Or there.

Apparently Phyllis has had good response from Rick.  She's been singled out for good fortune it seems.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 19, 16:05:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're better off asking for help on the TS2 Enhancer forums.  You'll get no sympathy here I'm afraid.

Or there.

Apparently Phyllis has had good response from Rick.  She's been singled out for good fortune it seems.

If this is true I would like her to request a change in the genetics part of SimEnhancer, because I do get a lot of data stream errors, which are rather annoying (and stop me from inserting skintones into the genetics of existing sims).

On the topic of language/grammar: Personally I would me more likely to ignore spelling mistakes etc. of someone with a better presentation. What can you expect if you use the most horrible, depressed and depressing looking sim I have ever seen as your avatar? Together with a name like ApatiaMax? I hated that little thumbnail picture since I have seen it on this forum for the first time, actually I find it nauseating.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 19, 16:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If this is true I would like her to request a change in the genetics part of SimEnhancer, because I do get a lot of data stream errors, which are rather annoying (and stop me from inserting skintones into the genetics of existing sims).

While I admit that I did email with Rick back in the TS1 days when I used his product, I can't claim any status of being recently blessed.  I started using SimPE when Rick took too long updating his work, and found it to be such a superior product that I've never gone back.  My original reference in this thread was to friends who still use TS2Enhancer and who had successfully emailed with Rick in more recent times.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 20, 11:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue with the genetics have been addressed by Rick - its the genetized/binned stuff that gives the error, and he wont change the program as he thinks that would be risky. I have noticed that when I rebinned the hairs with Wardrobe Wrangler, they didnt give that error anymore in SimEnhancer, same with eyes that I redid. If you just click ignore the program will work anyway, a little tedious of course if there is a lot of hairs binned the old fashioned way, but still.
doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 20, 14:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue with the genetics have been addressed by Rick - its the genetized/binned stuff that gives the error, and he wont change the program as he thinks that would be risky. I have noticed that when I rebinned the hairs with Wardrobe Wrangler, they didnt give that error anymore in SimEnhancer, same with eyes that I redid. If you just click ignore the program will work anyway, a little tedious of course if there is a lot of hairs binned the old fashioned way, but still.

I do not mind the error messages, but the files that throw the error are ignored, so I can't choose the skintones. I understand the part with the binned hair, but how do you bin eyes or skintones? How would I have to change the files, so that they work?
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 20, 14:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Before I got the great Wardrobe Wrangler I had a set of eyes (Iced Mango, I believe) that was always ignored by Sims Enhancer. I did go through those eyes and changed the genetic numbers (you know, how dominant they are, with 1 as the highest and 5 as the lowest. Saved after that. And, voila, Sim Enhancer doesnt ignore them anymore. I have no clue what WW does - maybe it saves the file in a better way somehow. I did try and resaved some other stuff, just changing some detail, same result. The skintones also have numbers you can change, to show where on the scale they are, to make babies hat is born get one inbetween.
I still get some ignored files, but no eyes and no skins, just hairs I didnt have the time to find and resave with WW. I will, one day.
Did I say Wardrobe Wrangler is a great tool? It really is Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: