More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:48:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  disappearing dorm objects in regular rooms
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: disappearing dorm objects in regular rooms  (Read 3454 times)
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
disappearing dorm objects in regular rooms
« on: 2007 December 18, 21:10:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't figure out how to fix this.  I knocked down a couple of dorm rooms and turned one into a workout room, and knocked down another to expand a bathroom.  I have deleted the dorm Myne doors and replaced them with regular doors, but still, all the objects disappear inside the rooms where the old dorm rooms were.  I've remodeled my dorms for as long as I can remember, and I've never run into this problem before.  And even stranger is that I knocked down two other dorm rooms to also expand a different bathroom, and add a computer lab, but the objects in those rooms are just fine.

Here is what I've tried so far:

- Changed the lot zoning to residential and back to dorm again.  The objects showed up when in residential, but disappeared again when changed back to dorm.
- Knocked down an outside wall, which brought the objects back.  As soon as I replaced the wall, the objects disappeared again.  If I knock down an inside wall to another room, even more stuff disappears.
- I have also placed walls to divide up the problem rooms into subsections, and I have found precisely what seem to be the troubled areas.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? 

ETA: I've since managed to mess it up even worse by deleting and redrawing walls.  Now I've got the workout room and bathroom visible, but the whole main living area, including staircases to the upstairs level have disappeared, and I can't even get them back in residential zoning.  Yet, all the stuff is still there because I get the "can't intersect other objects" message any time I try to place something.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 19, 03:49:34 by darcee » Logged

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: disappearing dorm objects in regular rooms
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 19, 03:51:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think your problem was changing the zoning -- you don't need too.  All you need to do is type 'boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false' in the cheat box, and you can do anything you want in the dorm.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 19, 04:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, that's what I was doing before I ever turned it to residential.  I remodeled it while still in dorm mode, and that's when everything went wrong.  I only turned it back to residential to see if I could get my stuff back.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 19, 13:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't help you with saving dorms. I ran into similar problems with ordinary dorm operations and soon realized that I needed to bulldoze and replace more often. It's not like your sims are going to live there more than a semester or two, right?

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 19, 14:43:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not the same sims.  But I've built this dorm from scratch, and I've put many generations of sims through it because it's so perfect for a freshman dorm, which probably explains why it's finally gone so wonky.  That gives me a good idea though.  I should probably put a fresh copy of all my favorite dorms in the lot bin, just in case something like this happens. 

But for now, I seem to have solved the problem by moving them all out, and back in again.  Solved at least until I decide to mess around with the walls again, which wont be for a while, I hope.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 19, 16:18:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd suggest also packaging the lot and saving it somewhere external, if you really, really, like it. There's two of my downtown lots that are staples for me. When I had to uninstall BV and reinstall, I lost them from the catalog. Luckily, I had them packaged on my secondary drive.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 19, 22:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try a bombardment of Stuck Object Removers or a Force-Error-On-All.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: