More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:57:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  12-hr clock switched over to 24-hr on Bon Voyage install
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 12-hr clock switched over to 24-hr on Bon Voyage install  (Read 3219 times)
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
12-hr clock switched over to 24-hr on Bon Voyage install
« on: 2007 December 17, 19:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed BV and dropped in a no-CD.exe, because SecuROM sucks. Everything works fine, except that my 12 hour clock is now showing 24 hour time. The game swears left, right, and upside down that my language/location is still English (US), and just at a glance I don't see any issues with Sims' names being changed at random like I've heard happens when you switch locations mid-game. And yet I still have a 24-hour clock. I can live with that...I'm just not sure if it's a sign of something else being broken or not. And, okay, it's a little annoying.

So, why did my game switch over to 24 hour time? And how do I fix it? If it involves fussing around with the registry, I should warn you that I'm sort of a Windows n00b (grew up with Macs), so I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing on that front and am afraid of blowing something up. So detailed instructions are nice.

Thank you!
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: 12-hr clock switched over to 24-hr on Bon Voyage install
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 17, 19:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open up the Options panel. Select Game Options.  Toggle the "Force 12-Hour Clock" option to "Yes."

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 17, 19:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open up the Options panel. Select Game Options.  Toggle the "Force 12-Hour Clock" option to "Yes."

Sometimes that doesn't work. Mine would switch back to 24 hours again and again. Turns out my BV installed with UK_english.

It can take a registry adjustment to fix but honestly it's very easy.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8850.msg243198.html#msg243198

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 17, 21:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes that doesn't work. Mine would switch back to 24 hours again and again. Turns out my BV installed with UK_english.

It can take a registry adjustment to fix but honestly it's very easy.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8850.msg243198.html#msg243198

After a glance at the registry, it turns out mine was, too. Whoops. Thanks for that link--got it fixed now, and nothing seems to have imploded.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: