More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 09:24:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim can't go to work
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim can't go to work  (Read 15357 times)
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Sim can't go to work
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 21, 03:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a portal issue because the carpool, all carpools and schoolbuses, etc. other transportation, come and leave with no incident.  It's just my one Sim can't get inside and so the carpool drives away after an hour.  Does the lack of a portal account for a Sim not being able to enter the carpool?

And now my game isn't even running because there is a problem with my disk so I suppose this problem is moot now for me.  There are days when I just want to burn these discs in a Nazi-like bonfire.  Angry  I suppose I'll grumble today and try to figure out the disc problem tomorrow or when I have more patience (read: more sugar in my system).
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 21, 03:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first played the sims I had a problem after awhile where the kids were qued to go to school and the other sims to work but when they were almost to the bus and car the icons went away and no matter how hard I tried they would not get on the bus or car.  I thought the original patch had addressed this issue. I havent had it since I got Uni.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 21, 04:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this a long time ago at Don Lothario's place.  He had married Bella and they had three kids (at least the three of his that were living with him--two were his and Bella's and one Bella had with a townie  Roll Eyes).  At some point they developed this problem and I couldn't find any help for it at the time, so I ended up moving them out, bulldozing the lot, importing his condo from another version of pPleasantview, and moving them back in.  I never had the problem recur, and I never found out what caused it.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 21, 04:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Nikita

I've had this happen a couple of times - why - I have no idea.  But I fixed it by using move_objects to delete the affected sim.  Exit to the neighbourhood (save the game) and when you go back into the lot the deleted sim is beside the mailbox and should now be quite happy to go to work or school.
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 22, 01:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I had to reinstall anyway because the game wouldn't even start.  My Sim is fine and I just sent him off to work.  And so with this problem fixed, I now have another where the tombstones of the dead are on EVERY LOT.  And to make matters worse, even after I delete them, they reappear when I leave the lot and come back.   Roll Eyes  Methinks this is the workings of the patch.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 22, 02:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it sounds like a problem with the yellow pee hack by Dukasha. If you have that one and remove it, it should solve the problem.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nikita
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 22, 19:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually it sounds like a problem with the yellow pee hack by Dukasha. If you have that one and remove it, it should solve the problem.

Actually, I just downloaded that.  Thanks Motoki.  You just saved me from another reinstall.  Smiley
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 22, 21:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a lot of disappearing portals for some reason.
In one lot I couldn't place the new one where I wanted, so I made a next best guess and the schoolbus ended up dropping the kids off in their bedroom.
It would have been really handy if they didn't have to wait for it to clear and then dash out to the mailbox to check their report card so they could head back in to drop off their homework but these glitches are half the fun of the game I suppose Wink

seriously considering changing my name to glitchgirl

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 23, 00:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In one lot I couldn't place the new one where I wanted, so I made a next best guess and the schoolbus ended up dropping the kids off in their bedroom.
That's funny though.  I wish my bus driver would have dropped me off in my bedroom.  Cheesy  Is their bedroom near the front of the house?
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 23, 03:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is their bedroom near the front of the house?

Yep, I really did try to place it where it belonged. Their bedroom is smack dab where a driveway would go if I had nightlife installed. I don't normally build homes this way, but it's on the 2x2 lot and I needed to expand. These guys will never get a car anyway, it's my selective breeding townie replacement lot - where pretty and personable townies are created... heh heh

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: