More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:21:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Too many mean sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Too many mean sims  (Read 9852 times)
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Too many mean sims
« on: 2007 December 15, 04:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone help me out by telling me just how many nice points a sim needs to stop stealing newspapers?

I do want to point out that the newspapers are NOT being stolen due to furiousness - I just have a lot of very mean sims! 

I'm so sick of having no newspapers around when I need them that I'm quite prepared to adjust sim personalities as necessary - the thefts must stop!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Too many mean sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 15, 04:57:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses. I suggest storing the newspapers in inventory instead. As a side benefit, you can then pull them out again when you have 3, banishing the paperboy for all time. Damn townie teens. Alternatively, perhaps you'd like my buyable newspaper crap? In any case, it seems there are no cases where a sim will not steal the newspaper: Even nice sims will do it. Mean sims, however, will do so even as visitors.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 15, 05:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4 or 5 points ness Smiley

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 15, 05:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a not-trueity. According to the code, it looks like being mean only bypasses an additional "ring doorbell" check, and does not disable paper theft.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kokopelli
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 15, 05:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Kokopelli thwaps Pescado with a rolled up newspaper because she is a mean sim Tongue*

Welcome to the dark side, don't forget your flashlight.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 15, 05:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a buyable newspaper, Pescado?  Do I need to go poke Gwill so that I can leave my sims' personalities un-screwed-with?

Yes, yes, I know there's probably a better word/term to use than "un-screwed-with", but there's a reason I teach maths, and I just can't think of one right now!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 15, 05:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a buyable newspaper, Pescado?  Do I need to go poke Gwill so that I can leave my sims' personalities un-screwed-with?
Naw, this isn't really a hack, this is just something I whipped up for equipping lots. Get it for a limited time only here

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 15, 05:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, yes, I know there's probably a better word/term to use than "un-screwed-with", but there's a reason I teach maths, and I just can't think of one right now!
Unadulterated?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 15, 06:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unadulterated?

Doesn't seem quite right.  More suggestions?

I'm also a little disturbed at putting a package named "weirdo" in my game with no clear knowledge of what it actually does.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 15, 06:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unadulterated?

I'm also a little disturbed at putting a package named "weirdo" in my game with no clear knowledge of what it actually does.

I'd probably just say "as is".

Also, "weirdo"? Cheesy

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 15, 06:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unadulterated?

Pansy.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 December 15, 06:58:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Trust me to come up with something like "un-screwed-with" when "as is" would have been much better.  Thanks, neriana.

Zazazu, it's in there - I'm just curious.  Haven't reloaded yet, though.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 December 15, 09:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its a nice Collection of things we could not buy otherwise.
But i get only Pizza, Fire, Electric Windmill and theTeleportershrub.
Roaches, both Trashcans, Mailbox, Book and Newspaper refuse to work for me.
Is there anything i have to get or to do for them to work?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 December 15, 10:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

redownload

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 December 15, 10:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Invalid or corrupt archive.  Reupload, please!
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 December 15, 22:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, file worked...  but only the fire, pizza, shrub and newspaper actually work.  The other items can't be placed.  I've tried move objects on, I've truid build and buy modes.  Am I missing something?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 December 16, 23:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is all I can use, too, Ness.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 December 17, 00:51:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the way it's supposed to be. The collection is kinda old and I only hackfixed a few useful items.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: