More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:48:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV Takemizu Village Resort lot crashing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV Takemizu Village Resort lot crashing  (Read 6142 times)
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
BV Takemizu Village Resort lot crashing
« on: 2008 January 15, 01:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK this is not an "Oops, I broke it," but, hey, I could be wrong. Is Takemizu Village borked? Are some of the lots borked? If so, might it be related to the prevalence of the maple trees on the lots?

The deal is this: the other two vac. destinations have been working. Takemizu Village, however, crashed frequently (~70% of the time) when sending Sims there. Several of the lots also crashed when attempting to enter them. Repeated idiocy got me into all the lots (where I removed the maple trees, just in case) except one: Takemizu Village Resort.

Bulldozed it. No crash (when visiting a purchased vacation home and going on vacation as well as visiting other community lots while on both vacations). Put it back in and attempted to enter it again to take out the trees. Crash. Bulldozed it again. No crash (took the unlucky experimental Sim on three successive vacations to Takemizu Village where he partied all night every night).

Then I got "smart" and put Flaming Dragon Inn down where Takemizu Village Resort had been. Attempted to enter FDI. Crash. Put FDI back in original spot, left TVR spot empty. No crash. Put small residential lot where TVR had been. No crash. Put small commercial lot where TVR had been. No crash. Put 4x5 empty lot where TVR had  been. Crash.

I'm of the opinion (naturally) that I've done everything correctly in terms of empty templates, not using InSim or inTeen, and trying to keep only awesome hacks in my game. But I'm wondering if Takemizu Village is borked, if TVR is a bad lot, or if my neighbourhood is on its way to a BFBDVFS.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: BV Takemizu Village Resort lot crashing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 January 15, 03:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Works fine for me. I have all the Takemizu hotels and resorts populated by vacations now as I'm still doing the Awesomeland Vacation Arc there. So they all work. Mostly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 January 15, 03:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had no issues with that destination.  My only complaint was that elders didn't have the option to purchase/wear kimonos.  Swiftly fixed with CC.

Have you checked your hacks?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 January 15, 13:39:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the lots aren't flat, moving them around isn't clever.  I thought someone said that was a problem with the resort, but I couldn't find it, so maybe I'm imagining things.

this post says the Mysterious hut was crashing because of the CC the sims were wearing, maybe you've hit something similar?
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10416.0.html

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 January 15, 15:04:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the lots aren't flat, beach lots will not relocate properly (even if you can set them down somewhere else).  What usually has happened to me is that anything lower than regular ground level, and some other bits of terrain even, will flood.  I have now given up moving BV beach lots around and if I want a new one, I build.  That being said, I have never had a result where moving a lot simply stopped working or crashed the game.

All BV holiday hoods are currently working fine in my game.  I second the "check CC" suggestion.

Tribulatio proxima est
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 January 16, 00:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Ha ha ha*

Let the laughing commence. (And thank you for your suggestions; I had to wait until I got home to try removing the Download folder. Working for a living sucks. I'm just sayin'.)

Apparently I have a hack/CC that is conflicting with - believe it or not - the pool lights. The Takemizu Village Resort has a pool. With two pool lights.

Go me. Idiocy FTW!

Now I have to figure out what hack/CC is conflicting with the pool lights. However, I got TVR back.

*can't believe she didn't think of removing the Downloads folder*

I did have a problem with moving an old community lot that had a pond since I have gotten BV, btw. It wouldn't go anywhere else and it wouldn't go back in its original space, and then it messed up the rest of the terrain next to it and nothing would go there either. Fortunately it was a just a "how does this work?" test beach sub 'hood so I just deleted it. TVR might not be perfectly flat, but the Jade Villas went into the same place. I guess that particular crash was coincidental.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 January 16, 01:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check if your CEP is outdated. I had the exactly same problem with v. 7.0c of CEP. This problem went away with the newest version of CEP. There is a discussion about this issue here.

AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 January 16, 02:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check if your CEP is outdated. I had the exactly same problem with v. 7.0c of CEP. This problem went away with the newest version of CEP. There is a discussion about this issue here.

Wow. Will definitely try that. I am positive I haven't updated CEP since before Christmas. (What, is CEP, like, the Windows OS of Sims 2? SP1... SP2...)
Lady Moiraine
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2008 January 17, 01:45:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the link, I found out my CEP was out of date also.  I never would have thought to see if it had been updated without your advice, thanks again!

Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 January 17, 03:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently I have a hack/CC that is conflicting with - believe it or not - the pool lights. The Takemizu Village Resort has a pool. With two pool lights.

Pool lights, eh?  Check to see if you have Targa's backdrops installed.  They conflict with fountains and those little sprinklers you can put in ponds.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 January 17, 18:10:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember a problem with pool lights from NL days - at least I think it was NL.  I think Pescado had a fix for whatever the clash was.  If you haven't been over your hacks in a while to delete obsolete stuff, maybe that would help.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 January 18, 17:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for the link, I found out my CEP was out of date also.  I never would have thought to see if it had been updated without your advice, thanks again!

Yup. That seemed to be my problem exactly. At least, I'm able to install pool lights again and my Sims honeymooned in the poor maligned Takemizu Village Resort with no apparent problem after the update to CEP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: