More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:54:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weird green pool problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird green pool problem  (Read 5535 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Weird green pool problem
« on: 2007 December 11, 21:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I swear I searched, but I didn't even know what search terms to use, so it was fruitless. "Green build mode thingy"?

This problem has followed me from my old laptop. I have no idea what it is, and the only "solution" I had for it before was to exit the lot without saving when I saw it appear. Unfortunately, I seemed to have missed it during my most recent save, so now it's stuck on my lot.

This pool was built MONTHS ago. I have not added onto it or modified it at all. I don't even know if I've been in build mode, recently. Seemingly out of nowhere, the bright green that shows up when you're building a pool, or selecting land to level, shows up on the corner, while in play mode. Most times it's this corner. Sometimes it's 3 corners. Sometimes it's two. But it cannot be built on, deleted, 'sploded with the stuck objects remover, or lot debuggerified. It just. won't. go. away.

Any clues?

Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Re: Weird green pool problem
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 11, 22:44:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, but I have had it happen with different build mode tools. Once it was the fence thingy, and most recently the ground-moving tool. The arrow even moved. I'd played two sim-days without saving when I saw that one, it HURT to exit without saving, I tell ya. HURT.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 11, 22:47:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's pretty much how I feel about this green square thing. Ouch.

I've had the building tool get stuck, before, so now I make sure before I go back into gameplay, I switch to the "hand grab tool thingy".

I hope I'm not being too technical, here.  Cheesy
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 11, 22:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened when you deleted that section of the pool? That might help. Also, you might try using the flatten terrain tool over that area. Sometimes that will clear the graphic glitch.

And if that doesn't work, put some bushes over it and call it a day. (That's the TS2 build mode equivalent of duct tape.  Grin )

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 11, 22:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried removing that part of the pool, and the square would remain. I'd remove the flooring, and it would remain. I could build a pool all around the square, but that looked stupid, like a fluorescent green island. I guess I'm going to have to grow one of those shrubs that grow in cement on the edges of pools. You know, like what you'd do in real life if a bright green square suddenly appeared on your property.

Realism? Screw that.  Tongue
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 11, 23:32:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea, but I have had it happen with different build mode tools. Once it was the fence thingy, and most recently the ground-moving tool. The arrow even moved. I'd played two sim-days without saving when I saw that one, it HURT to exit without saving, I tell ya. HURT.

I have lost my ground-moving tool circle thingies (shown in your pic) altogether.  I can't figure out why, or how to get them back either.

Ivy

snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 11, 23:35:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have lost my ground-moving tool circle thingies (shown in your pic) altogether.  I can't figure out why, or how to get them back either.

Ivy

Me too!  WTF?  I want it back.  I have also had the wall-building "line" get stuck on my lots.
Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 12, 00:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want mine back as well.  It's such a pain building ponds without it!

It's nice? to know someone else is having the same problem.  Not that you have it, but I feel less alone now Smiley

Ivy

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 12, 00:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get the green square (or white, or blue, depending on my computer's mood it seems) consistently any time I try to build a rounded-edged pool.  Always just one corner.  I just gave up and did square corners in the end.

I also had the stuck building tool thing, but it went away when I reloaded the lot, even after saving, so I'm not sure that's a killer.  If you re-enter build mode and move the tool to a different area, that might also unstick it.

Tribulatio proxima est
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 12, 00:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it's the rounded corners that are the culprits! Damn. I liked them, too.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 12, 06:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first saw the subject line I thought it was a Spilt Pee problem you were talking about.   Kiss

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: