More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:57:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007  (Read 94408 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: releasing SimPE - soon
« Reply #150 on: 2007 December 18, 10:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here it is: http://www.fffss.org/SimPE/SimPE_0_64_3_Test.rar

BTW, the version "quaxi" is planning to release is also not updated for Teen stuff.  This one is.  I put quaxi in quotes because he's not usually that uncaring about what he releases.  I am continuing to sniff sockpuppet.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 December 18, 13:59:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* dizzy waits to see what happens

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: 2007 December 18, 14:04:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I should have bought some of that delicious looking fresh popcorn I saw in a shop earlier, to have ready to share...

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
lasciel
Asinine Airhead

scruffy looking nerf herder

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 December 18, 14:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge & Peter, would you like a first born as a thank you for your efforts? can totally spare one for you in a couple of years, lol. Tongue I do agree on Quaxi though...I took a peek at the forum over there and something's fishy about "him". maybe he got kathy bates-ed and they really are sock-puppeting him Cheesy

phasmatic sims
"Is it anything like how people in glass houses sink ships? Or a penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it? Oh, and don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen." - Immy
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: 2007 December 18, 14:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only if it's a Sim first-born.  I intend to have NO more babies and NO more pets, in real life.  I am finally free to look after my own needs a bit Smiley

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: 2007 December 18, 15:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you think they broke his legs?  Huh Should we alarm the authorities? And, can I have some popcorn too, pls?  Grin
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: 2007 December 18, 15:50:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Emily broke his arm so she could take over for a while, so Stormwench may have gone for his legs this time, I suppose Smiley

Paleo
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 December 18, 15:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded yours, Inge and since I need to do some footprint editing, I will see what I can do to break this for you.  Thanks a ton to both you and Peter.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: 2007 December 18, 16:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The footprint editor comes thanks to Echo, of course.  That was such a good idea!

cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 December 18, 16:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Emily broke his arm so she could take over for a while, so Stormwench may have gone for his legs this time, I suppose Smiley
And I thought I got the worst of women...   Sad
I'll believe he is alive when I see him on a video showing the newspaper of the day.
So, there are now 2 significantly different versions of SimPE V0.64 ?
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: 2007 December 18, 17:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, only one 0.64.0 currently, although as that is the one without any new stuff being tested, that is probably the one Numenor was planning to release as an installer version.  It will still work the same obviously as it's the same build.   Quaxi actually "returned" just after Peter had committed 0.64.1 to sourceforge and packaged that up without prior warning and put it in the QA forum as a release candidate.  You'd think he'd be asking "what are all these updates, where have they come from, and have they been tested?" - even if he didn't want a social chat. 

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 December 18, 19:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think he'd be asking "what are all these updates, where have they come from, and have they been tested?" - even if he didn't want a social chat.

Those would be the logical first questions from someone who's devoted a lot of time to a project, yes. Don't know how much "logical" applies though, when one is prone to up and vanishing without so much as a grunt and/or a quick "Going now, you work on it." But if it looks like a sock, smells like a dirty sock, it's probably a stinkin' sock puppet.   Tongue

Everyone knows milk goes in rubber gloves, not bags.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: 2007 December 18, 19:43:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well in these couple of emails Stormwrench is supposed to have had from Quaxi, he's managed to describe to her a hell of a lot of detail that was contained in private emails between him and Peter from several months ago. Also in spite of only starting to post on the SimPE forums since just after Quaxi went missing, she knows what was in the forum posts, that Quaxi deleted almost as soon as they got posted, before she even joined.  Apparently someone had posted to say they thought SimPE was going pay or something brainless like that, which most people would simply roll their eyes at if they bothered to read the trolling at all.

Can someone please wash that sock; it's beginning to smell even worse.  (Was the semicolon ok there?)

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 December 18, 20:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please wash that sock; it's beginning to smell even worse.  (Was the semicolon ok there?)

Semicolon usage was very nice indeed. GP prefer "okay" to "ok".

Grammar Day 2007 - thank you for participating.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: 2007 December 18, 20:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I will try to remember. Smiley

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 December 18, 20:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could have just forwarded the emails to her; I have emails from 5 years ago, tucked away in various folders. It's a bit more difficult to explain the deleted posts.

I don't know Quaxi. In fact, I can't claim to really know anyone in the Sims community; my involvement as a whole consists of the few posts I've made here and at random other places. And as an outsider, the question that begs for answering is what reason Quaxi would have to sock puppet himself.  Maybe the strain is too much and he's finally lost it? In the end, if he is aware of what you are doing and wants you to stop, he'd tell you himself. Especially if sending this Stormchick to pass along his message doesn't get taken seriously. (At least, I hope this would be the case; otherwise, the Sims community drama llammas really are as bad as everything I've heard implies.  Wink)

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: 2007 December 18, 20:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He could have forwarded the emails to her, but if he did, then again it becomes something a bit more than "oh I happened to hear from him today" and something a lot more drama-overlaid.  Why would a busy man supposedly only carrying on with SimPE as a favour to us need to be showing people emails about SimPE development to people who have just joined the modding community and not themselves involved in writing SimPE?  When I said private emails, I didn't mean personal ones - they were about SimPE development.  Peter doesn't *do* personal and drama with people he doesn't know.

lemonfresh
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 December 18, 21:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone thought to take a close look at IP addresses? May or may not be helpful, but it's worth a shot. Even the most talented of puppet masters can forget something as simple as that. And if he's so disinterested in the project, he shouldn't have any problem letting someone else take over for a while.

It's funny how every online community seems to harbor a contingent of drama sheeple. There must be a school somewhere that they all attend.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 December 18, 22:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's funny how every online community seems to harbor a contingent of drama sheeple. There must be a school somewhere that they all attend.

The Sims 2 has a particularly large and prestigious school.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
lasciel
Asinine Airhead

scruffy looking nerf herder

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 December 19, 05:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sims 2 has a particularly large and prestigious school.

I don't think it's a school so much as they seem to just "spawn", like cockroaches.

phasmatic sims
"Is it anything like how people in glass houses sink ships? Or a penny saved is worth two in the bush, isn't it? Oh, and don't cross the road if you can't get out of the kitchen." - Immy
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 December 19, 07:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a school so much as they seem to just "spawn", like cockroaches.

Ah, the personal experience perspective.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: 2007 December 19, 11:36:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing we hadn't already guessed.  What still hasn't been explained is why he stubbornly refuses to ever keep his co-developers in the picture so they know what they can/can't/should/shouldn't do about it.  I have replied over there.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: 2007 December 19, 12:48:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DID they break his legs? Enquiring minds need to know Tongue
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 December 19, 12:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, any group of people will turn into a soap opera if it's sufficiently large and long-lived.  I was on a cross-stitch embroidery forum years ago where the subject of tea-dyeing embroidered stuff got so hot and heated that one member sent another something (we were never told what) that set the recipient's daughter into hysterics.

We won't even get into the discussions on the SFWA boards at Sff.net.....

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 December 19, 14:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think each significant developer on a project should have their own version of the code. The main developer should probably focus on simply maintaining the main code by merging the various diffs that each developer contributes. Ideally, the version control software would handle all that automatically.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: