More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:36:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SimPE 0.64 installer released 24th Dec 2007  (Read 94435 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Re: releasing SimPE - soon
« Reply #25 on: 2007 December 12, 15:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, it's meant to be the non-debug, ie release version, because we know the debug version is already being shared.  I am inclined to advise making both freely available, just for now, in case something didn't build properly.  Peter often mentions that Quaxi didn't upload some component to sourceforge.  I haven't had any disagreement on the forum at MTS2 where I suggested the time was right to share the QA openly.   I think we left a respectable time for Quaxi to have emerged.  If he's ill he'll probably be glad if we're getting on with it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

Isn't Very Personal Is It...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 December 12, 18:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this Inge!

I seem to be having a problem getting object workshop to open, I click it and nothing happends, But the teen style stuff objects are in wizards of simpe which I always use anyway.

Slight off topic, Is there anyway to recolor the black EAxis phone that came w/ Pets?

Thanks alot Inge and Peter

Rich Grin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my content at MTS2:
http://www.modthesims2.com/member/Macey246

Rich Cheesy
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 December 12, 18:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rich, was Object Workshop opening ok for you in the QA build?  Or if you have not tried the QA, in version 0.62?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 December 12, 18:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had the QA version and I never tried it..

But It was working in 0.62, cause I always used it to clone things

Rich

Rich Cheesy
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 December 12, 18:23:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would be very grateful if you could try opening OW in the QA version because at this stage of testing my main interest is to make sure we didn't mess something up making the release build rather than the debug build.

Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 December 12, 18:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was messing around in 0.64 and I got it to work, I had to go to the window tab and click on "Object Workshop so it was deactivated, then click on it again and it worked, I don't remember doing that before tho...

That was for QA and Your release I had to do that...

EDIT: Since I did that it works the normal way Cheesy

Rich

Rich Cheesy
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 December 12, 18:33:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It opens just fine for me, Emma. I hope you can get it resolved. It works like a charm so far.

I haven't tried the BV features yet, that's next. Other than that, it does what I need it for. Which also isn't that much. Just your average SimPe user stuff.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 December 12, 18:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found the rar was full of pdb files which Peter informs me are not required, so I deleted those, rared it up and uploaded it again.   It's the normal size now.

Keep the reports coming, and I will make a decision in about 12 hours whether it's ready for a public release.

Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 December 12, 18:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where did you re upload it, I went to the first link and its still the same, did I miss something?

Rich Cheesy
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 December 12, 18:59:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same size?  Try ctrl-f5

Rich
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 December 12, 19:06:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Cheesy That worked... Everything I have tried in SimPE works just as it did before

Thanks once again Inge and Peter Cheesy

Rich

Rich Cheesy
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 December 12, 19:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you believe that in all this time we've waited for Quaxi, emailed Quaxi saying are you ok, finally started thinking Quaxi had completely lost interest, said on forums all over that (including where Quaxi et all can read it) if Quaxi doesn't say anything soon Peter can make the release (Quaxi gave Peter project rights at SF some time ago) and we heard nothing from anyone objecting.   We then gave a couple of days notice of beginning.   Finally Peter makes the release and someone comes up bleating claiming to be in touch with Quaxi and how mean we are stealing the project from him when he just wanted some time to himself and will carry on when he is ready.

Anyone would think they were deliberatelty holding back waiting for someone to make a move they could bleat at.
I am so thoroughly sick of the politics.  Peter has enough to do with his own job without doing extra work he didn't need to do and then getting bleated at for it.

cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 December 12, 19:59:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ignore the Sheeple, for they know not better. Or borrow a rocket launcher from Pes, and make a quick display out of them.

You and Peter rock, for carrying on the torch, even if Quaxi comesback later, he should be gratefull that you are trying to give his work to the public.

Kudos to ya both.

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 December 12, 20:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This person purports to be in touch with Quaxi...  and they had admin rights on his forum.  "Stormwench".  By coincidence just happened to hear from him for the first time in weeks the very day Peter decided to release the build.  Convenient.  And no manners at all.   They could have PMd me instead of bleating all over the forum about stealing his work.   This person is a master of timing and presentation.

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 December 12, 20:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm always late to the party. Tried to DL the test version, but couldn't get it.

I run all my Dls through SimPE. I've been waiting for the newest version.

If Frank was around and he objected to your release, he'd say so. He's probably quite sick of all the mean people in this community and has stepped back a bit. Being partlly mean myself as a result of the meanies here: screw those detractors! Anyone that has been around for any length of time knows better.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 December 12, 20:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're either full of shit, or as you suggested, looking for a reason to cause drama, Inge.

I'm going to note something that happened with my use of a beta version, but it may be irrelevant, since I  a. don't really know what I'm doing with SimPE most of the time, and b. may have been using an already replaced version of the beta. Either way, the only thing I had used it for was to extract some sims using Sim Surgery.

Essentially, I went into a lot that should have had eight playable sims. Only seven where in the panel and two of those were invisible and uncontrollable. The only thing I had done to this neighborhood in weeks was some building remodeling downtown and extracting sims, so my conclusion was that SimPE somehow ate my sims. I had this happen once before ages ago, so I've learned to back-up before I do any extracting. I lost my remodeled buildings with the back-up, but those are easy enough to get out of the old game.

Any way, thank you so much for working on this, even if you're getting some sheep bleating at you for actually trying to help out the simming community.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 December 12, 20:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orikes, I have a funny feeling someone reported sim surgery as broken in the QA. I don't use it myself so I probably wasn't taking enough notice.   It's stuff Peter could have fixed in time, given time.  But as it is, I am treating it as if the original author has instructed us to desist.   The person has hardly any posts, yet full admin rights over the GUID database and the forum.  It invites thought...

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 December 12, 20:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought SimPE was open source. Also, the author has apparently taken down his forum. This is a program people depend on, and I think you and Peter continuing the work is completely legitimate, bleatings of random person notwithstanding. If Quaxi has a problem, Quaxi should be the one contacting you.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 December 12, 21:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quaxi should be the one contacting you.

I have no idea whose hand is up Stormwench's backside.  As I said, "she" has complete admin rights over the site and fixed the forums.  She tells me she will be maintaining the GUID database if it needs it too.   Might as well let her get on with it then.
« Last Edit: 2007 December 12, 21:08:36 by Inge » Logged

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 December 12, 21:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly, and you shouldn't have to figure it out. I don't like all this Mission Impossible garbage. This community is ridiculous enough without people using mouthpieces to say what they should be saying themselves.

Well, I'm obviously not in your position anyway. I wish I could program, but I can't, I can only say that if you were to decide to keep on with updating SimPE I'd support you.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 December 12, 21:10:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh sorry lol I started editing my post before you replied and then got distracted  Embarrassed

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 December 12, 21:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orikes, I have a funny feeling someone reported sim surgery as broken in the QA.

I've only used sim surgery for cloning sims, using the QA BV version, and it worked fine for that.

Tribulatio proxima est
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 December 12, 21:59:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge, for what little it may be worth, my opinion is that you (and especially Peter) have done a positive service for the community by taking the current work to the next stage.

<* Wes *>
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 December 12, 22:04:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How long has it been since Quaxi's made a post anywhere? After a certain point, you have to consider someone out or taking a break from the community, announcement or not. It's now more than three months since BV came out, which is an absolutely ridiculous wait when there's a perfectly good tool just sitting around unreleased. I say forget Stormwench. Anyone can claim intimate relations with someone else...this doesn't make it true. Quaxi hasn't raised any complaints. Quaxi hasn't said anything. Release the floodgates.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 December 13, 00:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with the majority (like my opinion even matters  Tongue). Anyone can claim that someone said something or can blow a casual comment, by the person in question, into a great drama. My thoughts are, if Quaxi knows about it and has objections about it, why has Quaxi himself not emerged to say so, when he knows perfectly well were he can go and who to get in touch with? Why has only this one person had such a discussion about it with him?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: